+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOVA SCOTIA Provincial Nominee Program January 2015

Skywalker_RT

Sep 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sanjeev31aug said:
do we have any guess that how many nominations are already given for this quota out of 650?
We only know that NS Demand has given around 310 nominations so far. As the 650 nominations are shared between NS Demand and Experience, we don't know how many are left. NS officers may tell if asked politely, but it is unlikely.

eazcue

Jun 27, 2014
Havana
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone, I submmited my documents yesterday and paid for my application, and received AOR, checked all messages and everything. But today I received an email saying that my account has been updated, but when I checked, everything was the same. What does this mean? what else should I check besides messages, status, etc?

Thanks all

Inno77

Aug 24, 2014
sanjeev31aug said:
do we have any guess that how many nominations are already given for this quota out of 650?
According to the recent update on the NS Demand PNP, NS has received additional spaces and now the cap has increased to 1350. Please see the following statement.

"The move will allow Nova Scotia to nominate 1,350 immigrants under the Nova Scotia Nominee Program (NSNP) in 2015."

Fingers crossed :)

MarvelMagnum

Star Member
Oct 15, 2015
Visa Office......
Toronto
My EE profile expires on 10th Jan. I am about to submit additional documents to NSOI. Just wanted to know if it a good idea to create a new EE profile and sending it over so that I don't have to risk the hassle of transferrring stuff between profiles incase the profile expires before the process completes.

What do you guys think ?

kaussa

Oct 31, 2014
****************************************************************************************************************************

My EE profile expires on 10th Jan. I am about to submit additional documents to NSOI. Just wanted to know if it a good idea to create a new EE profile and sending it over so that I don't have to risk the hassle of transferrring stuff between profiles incase the profile expires before the process completes.

****************************************************************************************************************************

What do you guys think ?

This Question has been spinning in my mind. Let us hear from experts....

-Kaussa

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
kaussa said:

What do you guys think ?

-Kaussa
Well. You can create a new profile and send details about your new profiles along with the additional documents to NS.

I could be wrong! Could someone else confirm if this can be done?

Skywalker_RT

Sep 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Inno77 said:
According to the recent update on the NS Demand PNP, NS has received additional spaces and now the cap has increased to 1350. Please see the following statement.

"The move will allow Nova Scotia to nominate 1,350 immigrants under the Nova Scotia Nominee Program (NSNP) in 2015."

Fingers crossed :)
This is the total nominations available to NS, including those out of EE. Only 650 are available to both EE streams.

eazcue

Jun 27, 2014
Havana
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm posting my question on this page again since it was the last one on the previous page and don't know if anyone saw it.

Hi everyone, I submmited my documents yesterday and paid for my application, and received AOR, read all messages and everything. But today I received an email saying that my account has been updated, but when I checked, everything was the same. What does this mean? what else should I check besides messages, status, etc?

Thanks all

Skywalker_RT

Sep 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
eazcue said:
I'm posting my question on this page again since it was the last one on the previous page and don't know if anyone saw it.

Hi everyone, I submmited my documents yesterday and paid for my application, and received AOR, read all messages and everything. But today I received an email saying that my account has been updated, but when I checked, everything was the same. What does this mean? what else should I check besides messages, status, etc?

Thanks all
I used to get those e-mails some 6 months ago. Apparently, nothing changed.

Inno77

Aug 24, 2014
Skywalker_RT said:
This is the total nominations available to NS, including those out of EE. Only 650 are available to both EE streams.
Thanks for the response.

So I am wondering what are my chances, I have sent my application this month (November) only. Is there any possibility of capped and file not picked up for processing ?

Skywalker_RT

Sep 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Inno77 said:
Thanks for the response.

So I am wondering what are my chances, I have sent my application this month (November) only. Is there any possibility of capped and file not picked up for processing ?
I'm 99% certain you won't get nomination in this year (and 90% certain I won't, as I'm a September applicant). But I believe you shall get your AOR between April and June 2016.

ambreenkhan

Nov 3, 2015
Australia
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-03-2015
Doc's Request.
03-11-2015
Nomination.....
28-11-2015
AOR Received.
24-12-2015
Med's Done....
23-12-2015
Passport Req..
30-01-2017
kaussa said:

What do you guys think ?

-Kaussa
Yes. This is the same issue with me. My EE profile is going to expire on the 2nd of January 2016. I got the AOR from NS, now waiting for nomination. Should I create a new express entry profile now?

Also, what happens if I get nomination and I accept it, but my EE profile expires before the draw takes place? Will the nomination be transferred to the new EE profile( If I create one)?

Thanks in Advance :)

Skywalker_RT

Sep 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Paulosky said:
skywalker u should say 100 percent sure.as u are september applicant u cant get even aor this year
You can't be 100% sure. I believe you are basing that assumption on the current 8 months waiting. You must understand that 8 months is not the processing time. Actually, processing occurs usually in less than a month, which is the typical time past between AOR and nomination. The remaining months are the time necessary to process the applicants who come before you in the queue. And here is the first misconception: there are far more applicants from January and February than the rest of the year. Therefore, waiting times increased constantly while NSOI was processing those applicants. Now that they have reached March applications, the waiting time remained constant. As they should start processing April applications beginning next week, the waiting time will suddenly drop to 7 months. I wouldn't be surprised if they start giving AORs to May applicants as early as mid-December.

While the SS is far from containing all applicants, its current sample rate is around 37%. And that sample, instead of decreasing over time, has increased from less than 30% for January applicants. Currently, I believe the total nominations available this year to NS Demand are between 350-400, but it is even possible that they surpass the 450 mark. So, there must be at least some 40 nominations remaining, but that number might reach even 150. As there are around 60 applicants between the last user to report a nomination number and my position on the SS, there is a considerable possibility if the sample continues to raise.

Obviously, I think it is unlikely for the sample to reach higher figures, such as 50% or more. Still, there is another variable into play: at least 4 applicants, so far, have declined NS nominations, as they have already received from Saskatchewan. Those 4 are the ones who reported their intent to decline here. As most applicants had very little hope of receiving nomination from NS when SK first opened their EE stream, many others might have followed their path, as well as there must be a significant portion that applied to Ontario. It is not exaggerate to estimate that at least 20% of NS applicants have applied to one of those provinces. Some might have even received ITAs directly, as the cutoff dropped 3 more points since April.

Therefore, even though I do believe it is very hard for any post-June applicant to receive AOR this year, no one can be 100% sure.