+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOVA SCOTIA Provincial Nominee Program January 2015

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
taral80 said:
Fees for PR application can only be paid by credit card ? Can i pay by debit card or by any other means ? Also its in canadian dollar pr US dollar?
If anyone can help on this .....
I have heard people being able to pay with ICICI Coral debit card.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Travelling_Bird said:
No.
I am applying from outside Canada (from Egypt). In fact, I expect more delays ahead when my application reaches Cairo visa office as it is famous of lengthy applications processing times.
LOL, okay!!

Good luck!

hope 2015

Mar 13, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
2015Dec16
Passport Req..
2016May27
Hi dear guys who have applied for PR,

Kindly clarify below issues for me and other guys who got nomination recently:

- When we should be prepared for medical test and PCC? before ITA?
- There is a document check list : http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp#document_checklist
it says when the applicant submits the application for APR, a personalized document checklist is produced. How can I predict the items in my personal list?
- Should I upload my spouse's work experience letter too?
- what is a limitation on date of issue of work experience letter, medical test, pcc, Bank statement, ...

Thanks a lot

riddymon

Jun 26, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hope 2015 said:

I'd advise that PCC and medicals be done when you're sure that you'll be getting your ITA (i.e. you have a high score after given nomination as there is an expiration date on these). if you're still waiting for nomination, then hold off on getting them

- There is a document check list : http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp#document_checklist
it says when the applicant submits the application for APR, a personalized document checklist is produced. How can I predict the items in my personal list?
Although the list is personalized for the most part you will normally be requested for PCC, Medical Results, Reference letter from previous employers, financial statements from the bank, ECA and diplomas and/or transcripts if applicable

If asked

- what is a limitation on date of issue of work experience letter, medical test, pcc, Bank statement, ...
Bank statement has to show financials over the past 6 months, PCC is 6 months, and I believe the same for the medical as well....don't quote me on these figures.

Thanks a lot

websphereguy

Mar 28, 2012
Singapore
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17 Jan 2014
Doc's Request.
send altogether during filing
Nomination.....
17 Apr 2014
Med's Request
23 Jun 2014
Med's Done....
02 Oct 2014
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
08 Apr 2015
VISA ISSUED...
27 Apr 2015
LANDED..........
02 May 2015
hope 2015 said:

Thanks a lot
After receiving nomination, you now embark on the federal side of the forms. The checklist helps with what you need to provide.

Spouses experience only need to be filled in one of the forms. No need for work letter to support it. Only you (since assuming you're the anchor) needs it.

Medical? Just wait until you get a medical request. Best is to keep fit and healthy in the mean time.

Work experience letter - preferably with a letterhead (company's logo) and signed by your superior. Make sure the words in there matches your NOC. Better if it is 'verbatim' as some CIC officers are not smart enough to figure out synonyms. Bank statements - needs to be usually 6 mths back. Best not to have large movement of money from now till then. If need to do any large movement, do so now.

MASF

Star Member
Sep 11, 2015
sunny13 said:
Dear experts,

Please advise on the following issues:
Recently I've got ITA and started to fill my PR application. But where I need to upload documents? Where I can find a checklist for me?
May I submit my application and after that to pass medical exam and get police certificate?

Thank you for help in advance,
Kind regards
Once you complete all the forms and select next you will be taken to the section with your document checklist as well as the page to upload documents.

MASF

Star Member
Sep 11, 2015
taral80 said:
Fees for PR application can only be paid by credit card ? Can i pay by debit card or by any other means ? Also its in canadian dollar pr US dollar?
If anyone can help on this .....
I used my debit card to pay my processing fee but it was a VISA debit

MASF

Star Member
Sep 11, 2015
NB27 said:
Hello everyone,

Can I ask you about the Letter of Reference? Should we upload the same one we sent to NS even though it was dated almost one year ago? Or should we try to get a newer one from our Employer?
I uploaded all the same letters except for my current employer. For the current employer I got a new job letter but it had the exact wording as the one I submitted to NS. The only difference was the date it was written and it mentioned my latest salary increase. Hope this helps. I have seen where people use the same letter along with last three pay slips to show they are still employed.

MASF

Star Member
Sep 11, 2015
hope 2015 said:

Thanks a lot
Your checklist will be based on how you complete the forms once you have received ITA. Its good to go ahead and request the PCCs for all involved especially if it takes time. You can call doctors to determine how long it will take to get a medical and use this information to determine if you will wait until after ITA to set the appointment or before depending on the dates available.

If you got points for your husband then you will need job letters but if you didn't all you need to do his remove his work experience from the
work experience section after ITA and place it in the personal history section. Hope this helps.

For working experience letters you can use the same ones but I would recommend a more updated one for the current employer that is same information as on the previous letter but new date written or you can use the same letter with the last three pay slips to show you are still there. Also try to provide a more recent bank statement. Recommendation is not more than one week old.

khayz2015

Oct 16, 2015
Hello,

Has anyone who already has a nomination had any experience with their express entry profile becoming ineligible when it was updated with their passport and work experience? Thus the work around is to create a new express entry profile but with this the nomination will not be reflected.
Our representative already informed via email the NS officer and requested for the nomination to be sent to the new express entry profile , and after 2 emails including request for the screen shot of the closed express entry profile the officer has not replied to date.

What would be the normal waiting time for them to reissue a nomination or will it be granted at all?

Thanks a lot!

taral80

Jan 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
NSNP Nov 2015
AOR Received.
19th Dec 2015
Passport Req..
22nd April 2016
MASF said:
I used my debit card to pay my processing fee but it was a VISA debit
did u pay in canadian dollars?

NB27

Oct 28, 2015
Thank you MASF! Good luck with your application!

MASF said:
I uploaded all the same letters except for my current employer. For the current employer I got a new job letter but it had the exact wording as the one I submitted to NS. The only difference was the date it was written and it mentioned my latest salary increase. Hope this helps. I have seen where people use the same letter along with last three pay slips to show they are still employed.

navid2014

Jul 9, 2014
Have one more question, for the Nova Scotia PNP NSNP 100 form there is a portion where in you need to enter the details such as,

Do you or your spouse or common -law partner have relatives (including, dependent children, mother, father, brothers, sisters,
aunts, uncles, cousins, grandparents, grandchildren, niece, nephew) living in Nova Scotia or elsewhere in Canada ?

As I have an approved PR & planning to land in March 2016 can my younger brother fill in my details in this section gain the points accordingly?

-Navid

hope 2015

Mar 13, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
2015Dec16
Passport Req..
2016May27
MASF said:
Your checklist will be based on how you complete the forms once you have received ITA. Its good to go ahead and request the PCCs for all involved especially if it takes time. You can call doctors to determine how long it will take to get a medical and use this information to determine if you will wait until after ITA to set the appointment or before depending on the dates available.

If you got points for your husband then you will need job letters but if you didn't all you need to do his remove his work experience from the
work experience section after ITA and place it in the personal history section. Hope this helps.

For working experience letters you can use the same ones but I would recommend a more updated one for the current employer that is same information as on the previous letter but new date written or you can use the same letter with the last three pay slips to show you are still there. Also try to provide a more recent bank statement. Recommendation is not more than one week old.
Thank you dear MASF for your reply,
But about my spouse's work experience, I cant delete it from my profile because in this section I should choose 'yes' for this question: does ... have any work experience?
Maybe you mean after getting ITA there is an option to transfer some items to history which dont need any supporting documents. Please explain a bit more about this.

hope 2015

Mar 13, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
2015Dec16
Passport Req..
2016May27
websphereguy said:
After receiving nomination, you now embark on the federal side of the forms. The checklist helps with what you need to provide.

Spouses experience only need to be filled in one of the forms. No need for work letter to support it. Only you (since assuming you're the anchor) needs it.

Medical? Just wait until you get a medical request. Best is to keep fit and healthy in the mean time.

Work experience letter - preferably with a letterhead (company's logo) and signed by your superior. Make sure the words in there matches your NOC. Better if it is 'verbatim' as some CIC officers are not smart enough to figure out synonyms. Bank statements - needs to be usually 6 mths back. Best not to have large movement of money from now till then. If need to do any large movement, do so now.
Thanks dear,
Shouldn't I upload medical test result with other supporting documents right after getting ITA?