eazcue

Jun 27, 2014
Havana
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello guys, some of you know I received my ITA, and was on the process of Medical Exams, which went without trouble, just a week delayed because the embassy of Canada in Cuba was not updated about the Express Entry system, most of us cubans immigrate through family sponsorship or study programs, etc. And apparently I am the first cuban invited to apply under Express. Anyway, now I must sent the docs required, among these docs are the Letters of reference from Works. The Letter I used to get nominated is only one document with all the information and positions I occupied on that company, but on my application I am being requested to attach one letter of reference for every position. For example:

from Sept 2009 to feb 2011 I was Animation Programmer, then from Feb 2011 to March 2013 I was 3D Animator, and after that 3D Animation Supervisor.

Should I request to the company to write a letter for each position or should I attach this document with all positions and send another letter explaining why I am doing this?

Thanks all

websphereguy

Mar 28, 2012
Singapore
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17 Jan 2014
Doc's Request.
send altogether during filing
Nomination.....
17 Apr 2014
Med's Request
23 Jun 2014
Med's Done....
02 Oct 2014
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
08 Apr 2015
VISA ISSUED...
27 Apr 2015
LANDED..........
02 May 2015
eazcue said:
Hello guys, some of you knows I received my ITA, and was on the process of Medical Exams, which went without trouble, just a week delayed because the embassy of Canada in Cuba was not updated about the Express Entry system, most of us cubans immigrate through family sponsorship or study programs, etc. And apparently I am the first cuban invited to apply under Express. Anyway, now I must sent the docs required, among these docs are the Letters of reference from Works. The Letter I used to get nominated is only one document with all the information and positions I occupied on that company, but on my application I am being requested to attach one letter of reference for every position. For example:

from Sept 2009 to feb 2011 I was Animation Programmer, then from Feb 2011 to March 2013 I was 3D Animator, and after that 3D Animation Supervisor.

Should I request to the company to write a letter for each position or should I attach this document with all positions and send another letter explaining why I am doing this?

Thanks all
Hi eazcue,

I am going to take a swipe at your question.

Here's the deal with getting supporting letters for your previous work experience - you need to get those letters from your previous companies. They should have a company letter if possible.

How do you obtain them? In my experience, I would normally call a superior whom I know may be still in the company and get him or her to agree to sign the letter. Most of the time, they will not have the time to author the letter. So the onus is on you to compose it and get them to agree to sign it. If you the person you knew is no longer in the company, then you can call the Human Resource department to get their help.

Now, here's another thing about those letters: when composing them, make sure that you use words from your NOC verbatim in your letter.
For example, for the NOC 2011 http://www23.statcan.gc.ca/imdb/p3VD.pl?Function=getVD&TVD=122372&CVD=122376&CPV=5241&CST=01012011&CLV=4&MLV=4

That way, the officer has no reason to say that I do not think you actually did the things you did from reading that letter.

Cheers

eazcue

Jun 27, 2014
Havana
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
websphereguy said:
Hi eazcue,

I am going to take a swipe at your question.

Here's the deal with getting supporting letters for your previous work experience - you need to get those letters from your previous companies. They should have a company letter if possible.

How do you obtain them? In my experience, I would normally call a superior whom I know may be still in the company and get him or her to agree to sign the letter. Most of the time, they will not have the time to author the letter. So the onus is on you to compose it and get them to agree to sign it. If you the person you knew is no longer in the company, then you can call the Human Resource department to get their help.

Now, here's another thing about those letters: when composing them, make sure that you use words from your NOC verbatim in your letter.
For example, for the NOC 2011 http://www23.statcan.gc.ca/imdb/p3VD.pl?Function=getVD&TVD=122372&CVD=122376&CPV=5241&CST=01012011&CLV=4&MLV=4

That way, the officer has no reason to say that I do not think you actually did the things you did from reading that letter.

Cheers
Thanks, then I better split the document and then have it signed. Thanks again.

roaringpanthers 12345

Feb 4, 2015
Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8th Sep 2015 (CIO,NS)
Doc's Request.
RPRF paid April 2016
Nomination.....
24th July 2015 NSNP
AOR Received.
9th Dec 2015
IELTS Request
Sent with PR application
File Transfer...
X
Med's Request
30th June 2016
Med's Done....
6th July 2016. Passed 10th July 2016
Interview........
X
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting (Inland)
Hello All,

My wife and I applied for PR UNDER PNP Nova Scotia skilled CATEGORY.
We are inside Canada applicants

Category........: PNP NS Skilled
NOC Code......: 3233
Job Offer........: Yes, full time permanent- working

ns pnp applied: 20-04-2015
pnp approved : 29-07-2015

PR Application sent to CIO : 08-sep-2015
Application received by CIO: 09-sep-2015
APPLICATION TYPE: Traditional Paper application (not through express entry)

AOR : waiting
IELTS Request: sent with nomination
Med's Request: waiting
Med's Done....: waiting
Passport Req..: waiting
VISA ISSUED..: waiting
LANDED.........: waiting

please update your status as well.
looks like cic is now issuing AOR for August 28th 2015 Applicants. (Info from Canada visa forum- August applicants)

jjbirde

Nov 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapour
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
19-11-2015
AOR Received.
19-Dec-2015
Hello All,
This morning I got the AOR email from NSNP, they asked me to update my Express Entry Profile Number and Job Seeker Validation Code along side with the statement of my bank account, NOC number, etc.
Is there anyone (based on his/her experience) can tell me how long it would take to be rejected or accepted the application?
my detail of the application is:

Application send: March 23, 2015
AOR: November 13, 2015
NOC: 2133
Claimed point: 72
EE date: January 21, 2015

mapleback

Mar 15, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08 Jun 2015
Nomination.....
01 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
03 Dec 2015
Med's Done....
01 Dec 2015
Passport Req..
01 Feb 2016
VISA ISSUED...
16 Feb 2016
Last month I wrote NSNP to withdraw my application the moment I received and accepted nomination from SINP, but Yesterday I received AOR from NSNP for my application received on March 23, 2015. This is understandable because I didn't have a case number to provide them to facilitate the withdrawal; I furnished them with my DOB, name and passport number, but I guess I had to wait until my application passed completeness check and placed in the queue for assessment.

Nonetheless NSNP also requested the following...

1. Updated bank account statements showing required funds to move to and settle in Nova Scotia until I've secured employment in the province.

2. The NOC code for my intended occupation in Nova Scotia, although I already wrote this on the application form.

3. And a form for me to show my intended occupation in Nova Scotia, directly comparing my work experience to the lead statement of the occupation description
in the NOC 2011, including all of the essential duties and most of the main duties listed, despite the fact that I had a well written reference letter which I also used
and received nomination from SINP last month.

Good luck to everyone that is waiting for nomination.

hope 2015

Mar 13, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
2015Dec16
Passport Req..
2016May27
jjbirde said:
Hello All,
This morning I got the AOR email from NSNP, they asked me to update my Express Entry Profile Number and Job Seeker Validation Code along side with the statement of my bank account, NOC number, etc.
Is there anyone (based on his/her experience) can tell me how long it would take to refuse or accept the application?
my detail of the application is:

Application send: March 23, 2015
AOR: November 13, 2015
NOC: 2133
Claimed point: 72
EE date: January 21, 2015
Please check spreadsheet to estimate time intervals and enter your data to SS If you would like.

jjbirde

Nov 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapour
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
19-11-2015
AOR Received.
19-Dec-2015
hope 2015 said:
Please check spreadsheet to estimate time intervals and enter your data to SS If you would like.
I could not edit the ss can you add my information?
Thanks

Peniel

Sep 3, 2015
mapleback said:
Last month I wrote NSNP to withdraw my application the moment I received and accepted nomination from SINP, but Yesterday I received AOR from NSNP for my application received on March 23, 2015. This is understandable because I didn't have a case number to provide them to facilitate the withdrawal; I furnished them with my DOB, name and passport number, but I guess I had to wait until my application passed completeness check and placed in the queue for assessment.

Nonetheless NSNP also requested the following...

1. Updated bank account statements showing required funds to move to and settle in Nova Scotia until I've secured employment in the province.

2. The NOC code for my intended occupation in Nova Scotia, although I already wrote this on the application form.

3. And a form for me to show my intended occupation in Nova Scotia, directly comparing my work experience to the lead statement of the occupation description
in the NOC 2011, including all of the essential duties and most of the main duties listed, despite the fact that I had a well written reference letter which I also used
and received nomination from SINP last month.

Good luck to everyone that is waiting for nomination.
Instead of respond to their enquiries, you can at this point tell them to withdraw your application quoting your file number.

hope 2015

Mar 13, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
2015Dec16
Passport Req..
2016May27
jjbirde said:
I could not edit the ss can you add my information?
Thanks
Please use below link to enter your data
http://goo.gl/forms/CgcEWkIgrk
thanks

eazcue

Jun 27, 2014
Havana
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MASF said:
For you letter is all your experience in one Company?
I have worked with 3 companies since 2009, the letter I refer to is from the company I worked with the most (November 2009-February 2015). There I had various positions and in 1 letter they gave me, is all the info. For example:

November 2009-December 2011: Animation Programmer
December 2011-February 2013: 3D Animator
February 2013-February 2015: 3D Animation Supervisor

All that is written in one document, but in the application, CIC asks for a letter for each position.

ahunj

Apr 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2016
Doc's Request.
02-03-2016
Nomination.....
05-11-2015
AOR Received.
10-12-2015
Med's Done....
01/2016
Today... Got my AOR

Sent on :-18th Mar
Received :- 23rd Mar

AOR:- 13th Nov.

Additional docs requested:-
Latest bank statements & Noc intended.

Love n light..

jjbirde

Nov 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapour
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
19-11-2015
AOR Received.
19-Dec-2015
ahunj said:
Today... Got my AOR

Sent on :-18th Mar
Received :- 23rd Mar

AOR:- 13th Nov.

Additional docs requested:-
Latest bank statements & Noc intended.

Love n light..
May I ask you for which NOC occupation you have applied?

websphereguy

Mar 28, 2012
Singapore
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17 Jan 2014
Doc's Request.
send altogether during filing
Nomination.....
17 Apr 2014
Med's Request
23 Jun 2014
Med's Done....
02 Oct 2014
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
08 Apr 2015
VISA ISSUED...
27 Apr 2015
LANDED..........
02 May 2015
eazcue said:
I have worked with 3 companies since 2009, the letter I refer to is from the company I worked with the most (November 2009-February 2015). There I had various positions and in 1 letter they gave me, is all the info. For example:

November 2009-December 2011: Animation Programmer
December 2011-February 2013: 3D Animator
February 2013-February 2015: 3D Animation Supervisor

All that is written in one document, but in the application, CIC asks for a letter for each position.
Don't forget, 'verbatim' is important. My earlier application got rejected because of this silly letter of experience thing. So I'm speaking from my own experience. Wouldn't want the same thing to happen to you.