+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOVA SCOTIA Provincial Nominee Program January 2015

Skywalker_RT

Sep 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
posisi0ju said:
SKY Walker! I have a question to u!
What were the documents that you are asked by NSOI?
I replied to NSOI in terms of the first AOR mail today and
I would like to be ready for the next step.

Thank you :)
On the AOR, they probably asked you the same things as they asked me and probably everyone else (updated pof, status changes and table of duties). The additional docs request is usually more specific. Mine was regarding my reference letters. As I am self-employed, I used an unconventional approach, in which my accountant provided a letter with my income, period of employment and hours worked, while some business partners provided letters stating my competence to perform the activities listed in another letter from my father, who is my partner in the company. As I feared, my father was not considered a reliable source for the duties and, at the same time, all the information should be in a single letter or provided as attachments, as long as they were sworn affidavits and were mentioned on the main letter.

So, I asked 2 of the previous 4 people who provided me letters to sign said sworn affidavit containing the duties, while the accountant mentioned that, although they couldn't attest about my technical competences, they were providing the affidavits as attachments.

The other question on the request was regarding my intention to settle in NS. Basically, I went through my original settlement plan, identified its weak points and tried to provide them with as many information as I was able to gather about the place since I applied.

Fatima007

Star Member
Sep 8, 2016
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-10-2015
Nomination.....
06-01-2017
File Transfer...
waiting
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
25-01-2017
Interview........
hopefully none
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
Neerajkr80 said:
Fatima,

I will suggest you to book your ielts at the earliest possible since you dont know when & how long it will take to get nomination and thereafter you need to prepare other documents as well, viz PCC & Medicals etc.

Don't take a chance and plan your ielts well in advance before you get into an odd situation..

Just a suggestion, decision lies with you surely.

Neeraj
Thanks Neeraj. I feared that already.

ritawallu

Dec 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/10/2015
Doc's Request.
17-11-2016
Nomination.....
07/12/2016
AOR Received.
23-01-2017
Med's Request
Passed on 09/02/2017
Med's Done....
22/12/2016
asmdnayeem said:
Dear seniors,

Attn: ritawallu (Ritz), drajpoot and rkrobinbd.

I have some query. Please suggest me....Its urgent.

1. In which section I have to insert my spouse University Internship program. I have shown this to her personal history details. Whether i have to show it again in her education details folder ?.

You must show this in her education details folder, which would suffice the internship program she has taken.

2. What should I include in the letter of explanation folder? Where should i include the supporting document that i have sent to the nominee officer of NS at the time of processing.

There is no fixed format for letter of explanation to CIC! Whatever works for you...Any formal letter which could explain your situation. Letter of Explanation is part of document list. Letter of Explanation is not a mandatory document. But CIC expects it to be uploaded in case of any explanation applicant want to do. To exemplify: One of my friend have explained that he was preparing for interviews during unemployment period. Other explained his visa(to some other country) got rejected because he did not submit all the documents needed. So whatever you feel that leaves a gap or something not regular, you can explain in this document.

Further, all the supporting documents that you have sent to nominee officer, can be added in one single file where you would upload your work related documents.

3. I have few credit cards which has different credit limits. Out of them one card has positive/credit balance and there is no debt on any cards. As per online application rules "List all the outstanding debts, such as cards and loans”. The question is, whether i have to disclose/include all the credit card limit and balance. Is yes then where?
If the credit card is issued on another account of yours and you are not giving POF statement of that account, then its no need to show details about your credit card or else ask your bank to give you a new Certificate of funds wherein they clearly mention the date since when you are holding the credit card and the outstanding balance as on current date on the credit card.

No need to upload the credit card statements.

4. In Documentation checklist of Family Member Proof of Status “You must provide a copy of your family member’s Canadian Citizenship or Canadian immigration status document”. I have a sister living in Saskatchewan, Canada as a Canadian Citizen. In this section, whether I have to put my sister scan copy of her passport or not.
If you mention any relatives in Canada, then you need to give proof of their legal status and proof of their residential status as part of your eAPR. A copy of both sides of the family member's Canadian citizenship document, Canadian birth certificate and/or permanent resident card must be provided.
- Evidence that the family member currently resides in Canada must be provided (a residential lease, mortgage documents, utility bills, etc.).
- The documents should be up to date as of six months prior to submission.
- Proof of the relationship of the applicant or the spouse or common-law partner to the family member must also be provided (e.g., a birth certificate, an official document naming the applicant as a parent, a copy of the inside back cover of the relative’s passport showing the relative’s parents).

5. Regarding educational details, i have inserted the degree (Master’s degree) in the "Level of Education" and then shown the equivalency (Bachelor’s degree) as per ECA certificate. But the problem is, when i filled up the personal history details, what i have to show (Master’s degree or Bachelor’s degree) in the level of education as there is no option of ECA column.
Having a post graduate degree/diploma/certificate in addition to a Bachelors degree is very different from having a post secondary diploma and Bachelors degree. Before you submit a profile, check the ECA conversion table to confirm that the result on your ECA report matches at least one of the assessment results listed. By the way do you have Masters Degree or what? If yes, then after you get the ECA, it must have shown Post graduate program - 2 years? I Didnt got you here.
My Conclusion: You can choose "Two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees" option. If you HAVE the following:

+ A three-year or more certificate, diploma, or degree

PLUS

+Bachelor’s degree or other programs (three or more years) at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute
+Two-year degree, diploma or certificate from a program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute
+One-year degree, diploma or certificate from a program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute

OR

+Post-Bachelor's Certificate
+Post-undergraduate certificate
+Post-Bachelor's Diploma
+Post-undergraduate diploma
+Graduate Certificate
+Graduate Certificate with a focus in [area of concentration
+Postgraduate certificate
... etc.

Regards,
Ritz.

Fatima007

Star Member
Sep 8, 2016
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-10-2015
Nomination.....
06-01-2017
File Transfer...
waiting
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
25-01-2017
Interview........
hopefully none
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
Ritawallu, you are truly amazing. Awesome advice!

Amanra05

Oct 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear seniors,

After receiving ITA what kind of translations does one need?
If I am outside of Canada, I can't use "certified translator" services.
1. Translate with an authorized translator office in my home country, and include their authorization in the application.
2. first option + notarize the translations.

Please those who already completed the eletronic application and got PR, advise.
Thank you

ritawallu

Dec 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/10/2015
Doc's Request.
17-11-2016
Nomination.....
07/12/2016
AOR Received.
23-01-2017
Med's Request
Passed on 09/02/2017
Med's Done....
22/12/2016
Amanra05 said:
Dear seniors,

After receiving ITA what kind of translations does one need?
If I am outside of Canada, I can't use "certified translator" services.
1. Translate with an authorized translator office in my home country, and include their authorization in the application.
2. first option + notarize the translations.

Please those who already completed the eletronic application and got PR, advise.
Thank you

A certified copy of the original document + Translation + Affidavit from the translator needs to be uploaded.

Note: An affidavit is a document on which the translator has sworn, in the presence of a commissioner authorized to administer oaths in the place where the affidavit is sworn, that the contents of the translation are a true translation and representation of the contents of the original document.

This is what I know. Rest anyone who has already completed the PR process may give you more clarity.

Regards,
Ritz.

ritawallu

Dec 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/10/2015
Doc's Request.
17-11-2016
Nomination.....
07/12/2016
AOR Received.
23-01-2017
Med's Request
Passed on 09/02/2017
Med's Done....
22/12/2016
Fatima007 said:
Ritawallu, you are truly amazing. Awesome advice!
Thanks Fatima. ;)

Monvik1988

Sep 8, 2016
Dear ritawallu,

I received an AOR mail on Friday, October 07, 2016 at 12:05 pm Nova Scotia time. They asked to reply mail within 5 business days of receiving the correspondence.

October 8th being Second Saturday, October 9th being Sunday and October 10th being Thanksgiving day and considering these non-working days, can I reply them by October 13th?? as we are having bank holidays in India on October 11th and 12th and still some update is required on the part of my POF, which could be collected on 13th only from my bank.

Regards,

Monvik

Rocky.35

Oct 8, 2016
So far, only a generic e-mail and two EE messages, one for nomination and another for the acceptance. Here's the NSOI e-mail:
Skywalker_RT said:
Congratulations! The Province of Nova Scotia has notified Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) that they wish to nominate you; thus your nomination is currently pending. Please visit your MyCIC account for more information. You have 30 calendar days to accept your nomination from Nova Scotia in your MyCIC account.

Please follow-up with me when you have accepted your nomination. Following your acceptance, a copy of your Certificate of Nomination will be forwarded to you via email. Please ensure your NOC code in your Express Entry profile matches that on your certificate.

If you are offered the opportunity to apply for Permanent Resident status in Canada, please notify me.

PLEASE NOTE: If your NSNP Officer has requested any additional information during your application process, ensure you upload it to your PR application. Also ensure that all of your supporting documentation meets all of the requirements of IRCC.

Thank you for your continued interest in Nova Scotia!

Sincerely,
Nominee Officer
Nova Scotia Nominee Program
Thanks for reply, Skywalker.
But, I got just EE messages, not any email from Nominee Officer.
Should I contact them to verify or wait?

Obas Efe

Jun 22, 2016
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-02-2017
AOR Received.
21-02-2017
Greetings to all seniors on the forum,

Please, I need some guidance on the best step to take in applying for the NSPNP.
I have evaluated only my M.sc degree( Petroleum Engineering) with WES as that gives me the maximum point I can get for education in the EE pool, but I am also interested in applying for the NSPNP with my B.sc as a Mechanial Engineer(Not yet evaluated by WES).
I hope this will not be a problem or do I have to evaluate my Mechanical Engineering degree before applying for NOVA SCOTIA Provincial Nomination Program?

ritawallu

Dec 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/10/2015
Doc's Request.
17-11-2016
Nomination.....
07/12/2016
AOR Received.
23-01-2017
Med's Request
Passed on 09/02/2017
Med's Done....
22/12/2016
Monvik1988 said:
Dear ritawallu,

I received an AOR mail on Friday, October 07, 2016 at 12:05 pm Nova Scotia time. They asked to reply mail within 5 business days of receiving the correspondence.

October 8th being Second Saturday, October 9th being Sunday and October 10th being Thanksgiving day and considering these non-working days, can I reply them by October 13th?? as we are having bank holidays in India on October 11th and 12th and still some update is required on the part of my POF, which could be collected on 13th only from my bank.

Regards,

Monvik
Whenever the email says reply within 5 business days, those 5 business days means the working days in Canada. No matter what the other reasons of holidays are in different countries, they won't be taken as business days. Otherwise, if somehow still somebody needs some exemption to extend the period for gathering the documents, the same has to be mentioned in reply to the email to NS office and request them for the extension.

Well, I think you will be fine if you could reply to them by the 13th October. As accordingly, you still have time till 15th October, if we look at 5 business days. You are good to go. Additionally, I would personally suggest you to not make any further delay, as this would lead to delay in your processing time. The time limit is given to speed up the process.

Good Luck,
Ritz.

Skywalker_RT

Sep 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rocky.35 said:
Thanks for reply, Skywalker.
But, I got just EE messages, not any email from Nominee Officer.
Should I contact them to verify or wait?
As you can see, the e-mail doesn't say much. The most important thing is your points being added, as they'll grant you an ITA. The only important e-mail from NSOI now is the nomination certificate.

Rocky.35

Oct 8, 2016
Skywalker_RT said:
As you can see, the e-mail doesn't say much. The most important thing is your points being added, as they'll grant you an ITA. The only important e-mail from NSOI now is the nomination certificate.
Congratulations! The Province of Nova Scotia has notified Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) that they wish to nominate you; thus your nomination is currently pending. Please visit your MyCIC account for more information. You have 30 calendar days to accept your nomination from Nova Scotia in your MyCIC account.

Please follow-up with me when you have accepted your nomination. Following your acceptance, a copy of your Certificate of Nomination will be forwarded to you via email. Please ensure your NOC code in your Express Entry profile matches that on your certificate.

If you are offered the opportunity to apply for Permanent Resident status in Canada, please notify me.

PLEASE NOTE: If your NSNP Officer has requested any additional information during your application process, ensure you upload it to your PR application. Also ensure that all of your supporting documentation meets all of the requirements of IRCC.

Thank you for your continued interest in Nova Scotia!

Sincerely,
Nominee Officer
Nova Scotia Nominee Program
Hi Skywalker,
Yes, I have accepted the nomination and points are showing in EE profile. As you have shared the above email with me, thanks for that. In this email, Nominee Officer is saying that please follow-up with me when you have accepted your nomination. So, I need to inform to Nominee Officer after acceptance. Did you send any confirmation mail to your Nominee officer after acceptance?

Do you have any idea after acceptance when they send nomination certificate ? Please share with me, when you get NC.

Do they send any hard copy of NC or just send the NC through email ?
Regards,
Rocky

drajpoot

Champion Member
Aug 4, 2014
Obas Efe said:
Greetings to all seniors on the forum,

Please, I need some guidance on the best step to take in applying for the NSPNP.
I have evaluated only my M.sc degree( Petroleum Engineering) with WES as that gives me the maximum point I can get for education in the EE pool, but I am also interested in applying for the NSPNP with my B.sc as a Mechanial Engineer(Not yet evaluated by WES).
I hope this will not be a problem or do I have to evaluate my Mechanical Engineering degree before applying for NOVA SCOTIA Provincial Nomination Program?
All your education would only be considered by Canada if it is evaluated by WES or by any organisation designated by CIC.
Make sure whatever you submit with your application should by evaluated.

regards
D

drajpoot

Champion Member
Aug 4, 2014
Rocky.35 said:
Hi Skywalker,
Yes, I have accepted the nomination and points are showing in EE profile. As you have shared the above email with me, thanks for that. In this email, Nominee Officer is saying that please follow-up with me when you have accepted your nomination. So, I need to inform to Nominee Officer after acceptance. Did you send any confirmation mail to your Nominee officer after acceptance?

Do you have any idea after acceptance when they send nomination certificate ? Please share with me, when you get NC.

Do they send any hard copy of NC or just send the NC through email ?
Regards,
Rocky
You will get soft copy in your email. within 5-10 business after your nomination.

regards
D