+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOVA SCOTIA Provincial Nominee Program January 2015

Skywalker_RT

Sep 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SDS said:
Hi,

I apply under Demand express entry. Hope this will help. I am bit confuse about Nominee and Demand express entry. I thought its same.

Thanks
Nominee would be anyone who has been nominated by the province. But I believe the others were wondering if you might have applied to NS Experience instead of NS Demand. If you look at the nominations spreadsheet (link on my signature), you'll see that no July applicants have received AOR so far. As your AOR came about 2 months ago, your timeline matches more closely that of mid-June applicants, who where the last ones to get AOR.

Therefore, we believe there might be some mistake on your dates, as NSOI stated that files are processed in a first-come, first-served basis. As you have declared that you applied to the Demand stream, that's the only reasonable explanation we see.

Skywalker_RT

Sep 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sd2005 said:
Hello Seniors and all forum members,

I apologise if this is a repeat subject, I couldn't get through all 500 pages of this thread... I am curious about the number of applicants that get rejected for NS Provincial Nomination. I felt rather certain that my application under EE Demand had a good chance of being approved, but since I'm not likely to hear back until probably September (I applied first week October 2015) I'm beginning to fear waiting a year for PNP (and two years in EE pool) only to be rejected. What are the typical grounds for rejection?

Can anyone shed a bit of light onto this?
The most common reasons are lacking one or more documents, being unable to provide proof of work experience, not reaching the necessary score, having strong links to another province and failing to convince the officer about your intention to settle in NS, usually due to an impersonal settlement plan.

sd2005

Jul 13, 2015
Skywalker_RT said:
The most common reasons are lacking one or more documents, being unable to provide proof of work experience, not reaching the necessary score, having strong links to another province and failing to convince the officer about your intention to settle in NS, usually due to an impersonal settlement plan.
Thank you for the response Skywalker! There are of course no guarantees, but that does make me feel a bit better.

SDS

Star Member
Sep 27, 2014
Skywalker_RT said:
Nominee would be anyone who has been nominated by the province. But I believe the others were wondering if you might have applied to NS Experience instead of NS Demand. If you look at the nominations spreadsheet (link on my signature), you'll see that no July applicants have received AOR so far. As your AOR came about 2 months ago, your timeline matches more closely that of mid-June applicants, who where the last ones to get AOR.

Therefore, we believe there might be some mistake on your dates, as NSOI stated that files are processed in a first-come, first-served basis. As you have declared that you applied to the Demand stream, that's the only reasonable explanation we see.
Hi,

Its demand stream. I will check spreadsheet.

Thanks

kristelgen

Star Member
May 1, 2012
PHILIPPINES
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
MANILA
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
NA
AOR Received.
JUNE 14 2017
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
SDS said:
Hi,

Thanks
Sds, what occupation are you claiming for under demand stream? Did you receive further updates from NSOI?

oksma

Star Member
Jul 22, 2015
SDS said:
Hi,

Thanks
This is really mind boggling how NSOI will just jump from 1st to 14th July. Well, only if one knows for sure what might have influenced their decision. Anyway, let's be hopeful that more July AORs will trickle in by April ending/May.

runaway982

Star Member
Dec 17, 2014
Has any July applicant try to contact NSNP regarding their application status, and explanation about this delays in processing?
Any answer or direction by the NSNP for the delays and their further actions for the applications from July to December?

Its annoying that for a month there has been no new AOR!!

hope1nca

Star Member
Mar 10, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It's very annoying keeping waiting. They stopped giving pre-AOR for two months. NSOI is giving the applicants opportunities to run to other PNPs.

creation7

Oct 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
NSNP: 08-04-2016
AOR Received.
EE AOR: 01-05-2016
Med's Done....
Passed: 04-05-2016
@Skywalker: Just an update, I just received my ITA on April 20,2016.

@ Everyone: Hoping NSOI is going to start giving AOR's this Friday again.

hope1nca

Star Member
Mar 10, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
creation7 said:
@Skywalker: Just an update, I just received my ITA on April 20,2016.

@ Everyone: Hoping NSOI is going to start giving AOR's this Friday again.
Congratulations!

creation7

Oct 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
NSNP: 08-04-2016
AOR Received.