+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOVA SCOTIA Provincial Nominee Program January 2015

AIM123

Star Member
Aug 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My file was received in December. I'm currently on 67points and this would reduce to 66point by August 27th (My birthday Anniversary). This would make me ineligible. Is there any hope of getting ITA before my birthday? I'm worried.

ritawallu

Dec 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/10/2015
Doc's Request.
17-11-2016
Nomination.....
07/12/2016
AOR Received.
23-01-2017
Med's Request
Passed on 09/02/2017
Med's Done....
22/12/2016
AIM123 said:
My file was received in December. I'm currently on 67points and this would reduce to 66point by August 27th (My birthday Anniversary). This would make me ineligible. Is there any hope of getting ITA before my birthday? I'm worried.
What is your date of birth?

AIM123

Star Member
Aug 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Rita. I will be a year Older by August 27th. and thats reduces my point by 1

bhuwanshrestha

Jun 25, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sam1181 said:
Hi bhuwanshrestha,

Usually we get automated reply from NSOI. Even I was doubtful like you when I first replied on my Pre-AOR email.

After that I received AOR email followed by additional document request.

Don't worry.

All the Best for further process.
Hello Sam1181,

Actually how long did NSOI take to provide AOR after successful screening files in ur case?

ritawallu

Dec 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/10/2015
Doc's Request.
17-11-2016
Nomination.....
07/12/2016
AOR Received.
23-01-2017
Med's Request
Passed on 09/02/2017
Med's Done....
22/12/2016
AIM123 said:
Hi Rita. I will be a year Older by August 27th. and thats reduces my point by 1
That is why I asked your dob. The points get reduced in the crs score by 5 everytime you pass a year. But it does not effect the actual score until u turn 35. What is more, you can increase your score by getting high score in IELTS, or surging your work experience.

Skywalker_RT

Sep 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AIM123 said:
I believe that all applicants will be processed until May. NS is likely to receive a boost in nominations from CIC. And you can be certain they will do what they can to process them all. That includes processing the current applicants as soon as they can.

victorhora

Jan 3, 2016
cennabit said:
wow man, parabens! I know its that hard to get out of Brazil! Have you planned your trip? I believe we can set a BBQ in there ahahahahahhahahahhahaahahhahahhahah!
Congrats dude!
Obrigado mate! BBQ sounds like plan! :D

Didn't planned my trip yet as I'm currently on a long term work visa in Australia (which happened before I was nominated by NSNP), and, to be honest, I wasn't planning to move from here up until at least mid-2017. But now I'll have no choice but to change my plans.

No way I'll risk loosing my PR... So I'm thinking about the idea of going really smooth: Landing in July (just before medicals expire), getting PR cards, getting to know the city and some neighborhoods, try to chat with some locals and prospective employers, coming back to Australia to properly finish my project here and then move permanently to Halifax on mid-2017.

By the way, does anyone know how I should proceed as I'm out of my original country of residence?

Like, I'm supposed to send my passports to Canadian Consulate in Brazil, but I hate the idea of sending my passports so far away when I'm out of my country... If I have some emergency to travel overseas or to show my passport to someone I would be screwed :(

MASF

Star Member
Sep 11, 2015
victorhora said:
Obrigado mate! BBQ sounds like plan! :D

Didn't planned my trip yet as I'm currently on a long term work visa in Australia (which happened before I was nominated by NSNP), and, to be honest, I wasn't planning to move from here up until at least mid-2017. But now I'll have no choice but to change my plans.

No way I'll risk loosing my PR... So I'm thinking about the idea of going really smooth: Landing in July (just before medicals expire), getting PR cards, getting to know the city and some neighborhoods, try to chat with some locals and prospective employers, coming back to Australia to properly finish my project here and then move permanently to Halifax on mid-2017.

By the way, does anyone know how I should proceed as I'm out of my original country of residence?

Hi I believe you can request a change of Visa Office based on the length of time you have been living in Australia. I think you can post this question on the express entry thread for more experiences members to assist you.

Like, I'm supposed to send my passports to Canadian Consulate in Brazil, but I hate the idea of sending my passports so far away when I'm out of my country... If I have some emergency to travel overseas or to show my passport to someone I would be screwed :(

whzqsun

Dec 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Hongkong
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-02-2016
Doc's Request.
22-02-2016 04-05-2016
Nomination.....
07-01-2016
AOR Received.
19-02-2016
Med's Done....
17-02-2016
Passport Req..
19-08-2016
;D ;D ;D

I got NS Nomination on January 15. My application was received on may 14 2015.

Please update the worksheet.

Good luck to every one!

jack83

Nov 27, 2012
adigautam said:
Hello Jack83,

If you take my advise, please DO NOT continue to work in Canada after your Work Permit expires. If CIC ever gets to know or even the CBSA, they can issue you exclusion notice. It will even jeopardize your PR process.

(i) You should consult a lawyer for legal consultation on your case.
(ii) You can either choose to return to your home country or can check with CIC on the possibility of an extension of your stay
(iii) Currently NSOI is processing June application and as per their earlier communication, there is a backlog of around 9 months. I don't see any update your application before June this year.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Aditya
Thanks for the answer.
In a few words if you have applied for a provincial nominee in Nova Scotia doesn't mean that you can continue to work when your work permit expires, right??
Can you at least stay in Canada while you wait?

AKindia

Sep 3, 2015
whzqsun said:
;D ;D ;D

I got NS Nomination on January 15. My application was received on may 14 2015.

Please update the worksheet.

Good luck to every one!
Congratulations...

Please can you share your last 3 dight number of nova-scotia nominations

bhuwanshrestha

Jun 25, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Angelsky said:
Hi! I am new to this thread! Glad to find this forum.

Submitted my app on March 31, 2015
AOR: November 21
ADDITIONAL docs: November 27
Submitted New EE profile after becoming ineligible due to system glitch: Dec 11
Nominated: December 19.

I haven't accepted my nomination yet, to give me ample time for other documents. I have a question, do I still need to submit paper-based documents to NS? What will be the next process after I have received the nomination?

Thanks in advance!
Dear Angelsky,

Happy to see u having NOC 3233 as mine got nomination from NSOI :) 8). As of now I am on pre-AOR stage and kindly request you to guide me further for selection. Pls help me know what did they ask as a document requirement after AOR. And I am also afraid if they may require licensing requirement before nomination like IELTS score of 7 in each band and so on :-\. :eek:

Pls Pls help me update what you have experienced being NOC similar to mine.

Bhuwan

adigautam

Jan 3, 2016
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-12-2015
Doc's Request.
28-03-2017
Nomination.....
08-05-2017
AOR Received.
15-02-2017
IELTS Request
Awaiting
File Transfer...
Awaiting
Med's Request
Awaiting
Med's Done....
Awaiting
Interview........
Awaiting
Passport Req..
Awaiting
VISA ISSUED...
Awaiting
LANDED..........
Awaiting
jack83 said:
Thanks for the answer.
In a few words if you have applied for a provincial nominee in Nova Scotia doesn't mean that you can continue to work when your work permit expires, right??
Can you at least stay in Canada while you wait?
You CAN'T work in any country unless you have proper authorization. As you work permit expired in next couple of months, you need to consult CIC to check the possibility of further extension of your stay, but still you can not work. Even if you get your nomination before your work permit expires, that still is NOT the authorization. You need to wait till you receive your PR status.