sunnytheshine

Feb 13, 2012
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
Hey Guys

How is everyone?

I am moving to Halifax on 19 sept from India.

Anyone wanna join me?

Sambisa Valley

Star Member
Nov 18, 2014
sunnytheshine said:
Hey Guys

How is everyone?

Anyone wanna join me?

Congrats.

Are you staying in Halifax? How were you able to arrange accommodation?

Wishing you a safe trip

waiwera

Star Member
Mar 6, 2014
Hong Kong
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-03-2014
Doc's Request.
06-06-2014
Nomination.....
15-10-2014
Med's Request
03-07-2015
Med's Done....
27-07-2015 Additional Med Done: 01-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Rejected ^_^
LANDED..........
Let's try again some other time
sunnytheshine said:
Hey Guys

How is everyone?

Anyone wanna join me?
September will have a perfect weather I believe..
best of luck, mate ;D ;D
see you around..... 8)

sunnytheshine

Feb 13, 2012
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
Thanks Guys

Why dont we make a whatsapp group
and will plan a meeting after landing Halifax.

sunnytheshine

Feb 13, 2012
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
I have created a whatsapp group for those who r going to land on Halifax this year.

ping me at 9013701883 to be in group.

arishaaryan

Star Member
Apr 29, 2015
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
SVO but file transfered to Manila VO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05 Nov 2014 in CIC, Sydney
Doc's Request.
No docs requested
Nomination.....
05 Sep 2014
AOR Received.
02 April 2015
IELTS Request
Sent with CIC docs
File Transfer...
02 April 2015
Med's Request
29 April 2015
Med's Done....
02 May 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14 May 2015, Passport submitted to CVAC on 17 May 2015
VISA ISSUED...
28 May 2015
LANDED..........
Inshallah April 2016
sunnytheshine said:
Hey Guys

How is everyone?

Anyone wanna join me?
Big congratulations. I have a plan to move on August in Halifax. Have you managed your initial accommodation.

Have your profession regulated by any authority of NS.

sunnytheshine

Feb 13, 2012
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
arishaaryan said:
Big congratulations. I have a plan to move on August in Halifax. Have you managed your initial accommodation.

Have your profession regulated by any authority of NS.
I am planning to book accommodation on airbnb
Software developer is non regulated but software engineer is
So I will apply for Software Developer jobs

waiwera

Star Member
Mar 6, 2014
Hong Kong
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-03-2014
Doc's Request.
06-06-2014
Nomination.....
15-10-2014
Med's Request
03-07-2015
Med's Done....
VISA ISSUED...
Rejected ^_^
LANDED..........
Here are a little advice from @SenoritaBella:
Please do not use craigslist. There have been so many horror stories.
Try www.kijiji.ca and always meet in a public place first (e.g. Tim Hortons, Starbucks). If you have to go see the house/apartment the person is renting out, make sure you go with a friend. Never go alone. Be sure to read the lease before signing so that you know your rights and responsibilities as a tenant. You can google, "Nova Scotia Residential Tenancy Act" for more information.

If you want a cheap option just for the first few days or weeks, you can search "YCMA on spring garden road - Halifax" or "International Hosteling on Barrington Street - Halifax".

I would avoid living in areas like Gottingen Street, Spryfield for safety reasons. You can find a nice place with affordable rent in the North end area(e.g. Quinpool Road, Robie Street, Oxford Street, etc); in the West End area (e.g. fairview, Clayton ParK, Bedford). These areas are on good bus routes and you can always call 902-490-4000 at anytime and ask the call centre agents which bus you need to take to go wherever. Cheesy

There are a couple of agencies that help immigrants in addition to the one Singh listed like: ADAM, YMCA(has immigrant settlement programs, especially for families), Greater Halifax Partnership(can help with job leads).

Halifax is a beautiful city, lots to see(water, beaches, etc) and ofcourse, unpredictable weather at times (lol) but people are friendly. There is a Public Garden downtown, the Halifax Harbour, Immigration museum(at Pier 21), and many more historic sites. There is also a local farmers market every saturday starting at 7am(if you like fresh produce).

Welcome to Halifax and hope you enjoy your stay.

Best of luck for you guys that will arrive in Halifax this year!! Catch u up soon prob next year!! :D 8) :D

tenkrun10

Jul 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-03-2014
Doc's Request.
06-08-2014
Nomination.....
19-08-2014
AOR Received.
19-3-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with Initial Application
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
24-03-2015
Med's Done....
31-03-2015
Interview........
RPRF, PCC, Schedule A Requests on. 02-07-2015.
Passport Req..
21-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
28-10-2015.
LANDED..........
13-01-2016
waiwera said:
Here are a little advice from @ SenoritaBella:
Please do not use craigslist. There have been so many horror stories.
Try www.kijiji.ca and always meet in a public place first (e.g. Tim Hortons, Starbucks). If you have to go see the house/apartment the person is renting out, make sure you go with a friend. Never go alone. Be sure to read the lease before signing so that you know your rights and responsibilities as a tenant. You can google, "Nova Scotia Residential Tenancy Act" for more information.

If you want a cheap option just for the first few days or weeks, you can search "YCMA on spring garden road - Halifax" or "International Hosteling on Barrington Street - Halifax".

I would avoid living in areas like Gottingen Street, Spryfield for safety reasons. You can find a nice place with affordable rent in the North end area(e.g. Quinpool Road, Robie Street, Oxford Street, etc); in the West End area (e.g. fairview, Clayton ParK, Bedford). These areas are on good bus routes and you can always call 902-490-4000 at anytime and ask the call centre agents which bus you need to take to go wherever. Cheesy

There are a couple of agencies that help immigrants in addition to the one Singh listed like: ADAM, YMCA(has immigrant settlement programs, especially for families), Greater Halifax Partnership(can help with job leads).

Halifax is a beautiful city, lots to see(water, beaches, etc) and ofcourse, unpredictable weather at times (lol) but people are friendly. There is a Public Garden downtown, the Halifax Harbour, Immigration museum(at Pier 21), and many more historic sites. There is also a local farmers market every saturday starting at 7am(if you like fresh produce).

Welcome to Halifax and hope you enjoy your stay.

Best of luck for you guys that will arrive in Halifax this year!! Catch u up soon prob next year!! :D 8) :D
Waiwera - People like you gives forums like this amazing value. Thank you for taking the time to give us these tips. I wish you all the best

waiwera

Star Member
Mar 6, 2014
Hong Kong
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-03-2014
Doc's Request.
06-06-2014
Nomination.....
15-10-2014
Med's Request
03-07-2015
Med's Done....
VISA ISSUED...
Rejected ^_^
LANDED..........
tenkrun10 said:
Waiwera - People like you gives forums like this amazing value. Thank you for taking the time to give us these tips. I wish you all the best
you're very welcome, mate ;D
credit is humbly returned to @SenioritaBella as the person who provided the valuable information at the first place ;D
Hopefully, our friends here who will successfully land in Halifax, NS in the coming months would still contribute in this thread/forum so we still can help each other in one way or another.. starting a new life in a new place is really a leap of faith, friends would be your nearest family available, so embrace them :D

FSWCIO

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2012
waiwera said:
you're very welcome, mate ;D
credit is humbly returned to @ SenioritaBella as the person who provided the valuable information at the first place ;D
Hopefully, our friends here who will successfully land in Halifax, NS in the coming months would still contribute in this thread/forum so we still can help each other in one way or another.. starting a new life in a new place is really a leap of faith, friends would be your nearest family available, so embrace them :D
Horror story ? Ghost in canada. I also heard about some haunted places :eek: :eek: :( :eek:

I'd like to know more in this regards

Sambisa Valley

Star Member
Nov 18, 2014
While the write up is good, we need specific information to guide our planning and landing.

Has anyone made efforts in securing apartment and how much does it go for.

What could be the estimated cost of living per number of family in Nova Scotia.

Anyone with useful information