Nova Scotia Experience: Express Entry Inquiry

riddymon

Jun 26, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asking on behalf of my girlfriend:

Background: She applied for PR in October, her application was refused recently (pesky insufficient work experience letter for secondary NOC, the company only gave her your standard bank letter and wouldn't give anything else - didn't contain job duties. She tried to supplement with additional documents with self-attested duties [as she left on bad terms and couldn't get someone else there to write a letter] and LOE, however she was still refused). We understand that this was a possibility but she just wouldn't have had enough points (around 440) for an ITA without the extra year of work experience. Unfortunately, her work permit is up at the end of the month and obviously her BOWP will be denied as well so she's preparing to leave Canada at the end of the month.

Question: I had actually advised her to apply for PNP initially, however, she decided not to take that route as she believed it would take too long :rolleyes: *sigh*. I want to know if it would be possible for her to create a new express entry profile without the job that caused the issue and apply for NS Experience PNP while she is in her home country.

One of the points for ineligibility are people that do not have status. Does that apply if you don't actually live in the country anymore? Or is it for applicants who live in Canada but are out of status? (expired work permit/study permit/etc)

This is really supposed to be a backup plan, I'd like to her just get an experience letter from one of the jobs of her country of origin in the past years as 1 year of foreign work experience would considerably boost her score to the point where she could get an ITA in the next draw.

Any help would be appreciated! :)