+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

notice

Jocelyn

Aug 20, 2008
i have worked for 5months now with my current employer who sponsored me to come here. i was happy to work with them until very recently. i gave them my 2 weeks notice but they said i signed a 1 month notice in our contract with or without cause. i feel cant finish that 1 month. do i have to follow that? ii am not very familiar with quebec law. can they send me back to my country? can they have me deported since they are my sponsor?

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Vancouver British Columbia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
Jocelyn said:
i have worked for 5months now with my current employer who sponsored me to come here. i was happy to work with them until very recently. i gave them my 2 weeks notice but they said i signed a 1 month notice in our contract with or without cause. i feel cant finish that 1 month. do i have to follow that? ii am not very familiar with quebec law. can they send me back to my country? can they have me deported since they are my sponsor?
Yes you have to follow the contract or accept the penalties specified there,No they cannot send you back,Dont forget you are not in Hong Kong or Dubai,You are in Canada.No they cannot deport you,because that is illegal.Wake up you are in Canada.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Finish out your month and use the time to look for a new employer.