+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Nothing from VFS or IRCC after passport submission

niibroda

Feb 7, 2024
Hi,

I received a message from IRCC asking me to submit my passport. I submitted it a week after the message.

A friend also made a passport submission a day before i made mine. (his on monday and mine on tuesday)

He received his passport same week friday from VFS ghana. I still haven't heard from VFS or IRCC since submission about my application.. It's been a few weeks. The only email i have from the vfs is the dispatch email of my passport from VFS to IRCC on the very day i made the submission. I'm starting to get worried. Any reasons as to the delay and has anyone experience anything similar..

When i track my application progress in IRCC account i still get----- Final Decision: Your application was approved. You need to send us your valid passport to finalize your application. Check your messages below. (Basically nothing has changed) since i received the message from IRCC to submit my passport.
Visa Type... Visit
Friends Visa Type .... Visit

niibroda

Feb 7, 2024
Yes i received it but that was after i sent an email to the high commission about the delay and i got a response from them. I can't for sure say if it had to with my email. The day they responded was the day i got the email saying my passport has been processed and i should come for it the next day(hrs apart).

Last edited:

niibroda

Feb 7, 2024
I made my submission on the 30th of Jan and was asked to come for my pass on the 16th of Feb... Before then i was under the assumption i supposed to get it in 3-4 days... What country are you in?

Giddybwoy

Mar 13, 2024
I made my submission on the 30th of Jan and was asked to come for my pass on the 16th of Feb... Before then i was under the assumption i supposed to get it in 3-4 days... What country are you in?
Submitted on 29th February and hasn’t gotten response yet. I am in Ghana

niibroda

Feb 7, 2024
Okay so there's nothing to worry... I made the submission with a friend, and he got called a week after to come for his passport. Mine took almost 3 weeks. Have you tried msging the high commision... It was after they responded to my email i received a msg saying my passport has been received by ircc and is being processed. I was also sent a GCMS Data look up. Fret not I'm sure you'll be called to come for it soon. What visa did you apply for?

Giddybwoy

Mar 13, 2024
Okay so there's nothing to worry... I made the submission with a friend, and he got called a week after to come for his passport. Mine took almost 3 weeks. Have you tried msging the high commision... It was after they responded to my email i received a msg saying my passport has been received by ircc and is being processed. I was also sent a GCMS Data look up. Fret not I'm sure you'll be called to come for it soon. What visa did you apply for?
Going for a conference so a visitors visa. I haven’t emailed any of these yet

Mher_cie

Mar 14, 2024
Hello guys,
I received and email that my passport has been received and is under process at the IRCC office and that was 4th of March. I am still yet to hear anything from them and it is 2 weeks now. Pls what do I do and it is a PR visa

Giddybwoy

Mar 13, 2024
If your submission was done in Ghana, then worry not as VFS has posted on twitter that “applicants are expected to encounter a higher waiting time”