+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Notarized copy from India || Expiry of Copies??

lrow

Star Member
Mar 16, 2010
I am from India (Residing in canada ) and applying for PR under arranged employment category (Canada Exp < 1 year).
Before coming to Canada I got my copies notarized though notary in Bangalore, India (Lawyer).

I got following reference in the instruction guide which states I can submit documents notarized in India.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/EG73.asp
 I certify that this is a true copy of the original document
 the name of the original document
 the date of the certification
 his or her name
 his or her official position or title
 his or her signature

Outside Canada:
a judge
a magistrate
a notary public
an officer of a court of justice
a commissioner authorized to administer oaths in the country in which the person is living

Queries
1. Somebody mentioned to me that notarized copies from India are not accepted. Looking at above references I can make out this is not correct. However, I would like to know from the group, is there somebody who submitted notarized copies from India , WHILE RESIDING IN CANADA and had no problems due to it ?
2. A friend of mine told me Notarized copies expires AFTER 6 months . is it true ? I haven’t found any reference to it anywhere.
3. Notarized copy from India has statement “True copy” instead of this long “I certify that this is a true copy of the original document” Will that be a problem?

Any pointers would be of great help

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

lrow said:
I am from India (Residing in canada ) and applying for PR under arranged employment category (Canada Exp < 1 year).
Before coming to Canada I got my copies notarized though notary in Bangalore, India (Lawyer).

I got following reference in the instruction guide which states I can submit documents notarized in India.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/EG73.asp
 I certify that this is a true copy of the original document
 the name of the original document
 the date of the certification
 his or her name
 his or her official position or title
 his or her signature

Outside Canada:
a judge
a magistrate
a notary public
an officer of a court of justice
a commissioner authorized to administer oaths in the country in which the person is living

Queries
1. Somebody mentioned to me that notarized copies from India are not accepted. Looking at above references I can make out this is not correct. However, I would like to know from the group, is there somebody who submitted notarized copies from India , WHILE RESIDING IN CANADA and had no problems due to it ?
2. A friend of mine told me Notarized copies expires AFTER 6 months . is it true ? I haven't found any reference to it anywhere.
3. Notarized copy from India has statement “True copy” instead of this long “I certify that this is a true copy of the original document” Will that be a problem?

Any pointers would be of great help
As long as their were notarized, it doesn't matter where it was done.

manchai

Star Member
Mar 25, 2010
I am also from india but living in london.

i had a same querry and posted so many post.

I already send my documents to london visa office. i did certify by commisionar of oath from london.

he written his name,signature and rubber stamp with saying this is true copy of original.

I am still not sure is it okay or not. as most of the people from india in this website insists you have to do notarise all the documents. but honestly in uk to 1 documents to notarise will cost 70 pound and i have more than 60 documents, so its not worth to do.

I am also not sure the one i did was correct or not ? as i followed the same link as you mentioned.

dont know. any advise ?
thanks,
m

singh123

Apr 24, 2009
manchai said:
I am also from india but living in london.

i had a same querry and posted so many post.

I already send my documents to london visa office. i did certify by commisionar of oath from london.

he written his name,signature and rubber stamp with saying this is true copy of original.
You should be ok. It will be acceptable.... just relax mate.

I am still not sure is it okay or not. as most of the people from india in this website insists you have to do notarise all the documents. but honestly in uk to 1 documents to notarise will cost 70 pound and i have more than 60 documents, so its not worth to do.
I know it is damn expensive to get documents notarised in UK. But London is flexible and will accept documents without notarisation even but this will surely involve an interview where you will be required to bring all your originals if you are not a Uk citizen or your documents are not from the UK.So you should be ok
BY THE WAY HOW MUCH DID THE COMMISSIONER OF OATHS CHARGE YOU? PLEASE SHARE.

I am also not sure the one i did was correct or not ? as i followed the same link as you mentioned.

dont know. any advise ?
thanks,
m

manchai

Star Member
Mar 25, 2010
thanks buddy for your help.

actually comissionar of oath was my friend's relative so i havent paid anything.

I got one question if you can help me.

I sent all the documents to chc london with a special delivery. CHC has received the document which i can see on royal mail website but they haven't sent any e mail/letter or update any thing on online status to confirm the application.

1) do chc reply to applicant about acceptance of application ?
2) if yes then how long it take ? i already sent a week ago. haven't heard anything ? does it sign of worry ?
3) i also send a form for cancellation of representative so bit worried if all the communication wont go to my representative. as i am not in touch with them.

please help.

thanks
m