+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Notarization of documents in English

milk29

Sep 9, 2017
Hi guys,

I have a question about the proof of employment and reference letters. I'm from China and I'm working for a Chinese company now, the company stamp is in Chinese; however the company is able to issue English version of proof of employment and reference letter. In this case, does the document need to be notarized if only the stamp is in Chinese?

How about if the document is in English, and the stamp is in English too? Does it have to be notarized?

Thanks a lot!!! (You guys have been so kind and helpful. I promise if I could get my PR in the future I will definitely come back to the forum and share my experience with other people!)

OdinNguyen

Mar 30, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys,

I have a question about the proof of employment and reference letters. I'm from China and I'm working for a Chinese company now, the company stamp is in Chinese; however the company is able to issue English version of proof of employment and reference letter. In this case, does the document need to be notarized if only the stamp is in Chinese?

How about if the document is in English, and the stamp is in English too? Does it have to be notarized?

Thanks a lot!!! (You guys have been so kind and helpful. I promise if I could get my PR in the future I will definitely come back to the forum and share my experience with other people!)
If you are asking for opinion, I think they should be in English both.

If you are asking for legal advise, you better call CIC.

adrlim

Nov 18, 2016
Hi guys,

In my opinion if you have it in English and they only have Chinese stamp, i think that would be fine. I dont think they expect you produce something that does not exist. Just send them both the Chinese and English versions of the letter with both stamped.

Reactions: milk29

sandra02

Mar 1, 2015
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
16 07 2017
Med's Done....
April 2017
Hi guys,

English employment letter+Chinese stamp is good enough, and it does not have to be notarized. I did the same (English employment letters+Hungarian stamps, without notarization ). CIC accepted that way.

Reactions: milk29

milk29

Sep 9, 2017
English employment letter+Chinese stamp is good enough, and it does not have to be notarized. I did the same (English employment letters+Hungarian stamps, without notarization ). CIC accepted that way.
That's really really helpful! Thank you so much!

sandra02

Mar 1, 2015
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
16 07 2017
Med's Done....
April 2017
That's really really helpful! Thank you so much!
On the letterhead they can see every information. And your company can write with English letters the details on the stamp.