+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Not sure what to do ?

kashif007

Sep 12, 2008
Hello All

I am a member of this forum since a long time but never got any chance to ask questions. This is the first time I am posting my problem. Here's my situtation.

I am 27 year old and currently working in USA on H1 B. I got my PR at the age of 24 in November 2005 through my Dad who had applied for a family visa back then. My parents and siblings live in Canada. I have lived in canada for only 4 months (120 days) since November, 2005. My PR is still valid till November 2010. the problem is that America is going down and lot of people are getting laid-off due to the current recession. So I am thinking in case I get kicked out of America, then I would try to take Canada as my second option.

Questions:

1. My total number of days stayed in Canada (120 days) are very less, will I be allowed to enter Canada at the Port of Entry.

2. I am getting married next month, can I get my wife (as a dependent) along with me on my current PR.

3. If above two ideas don't work out then I would have to leave to my home country. In this case, can my father sponser me again for a new PR, Even though I will be above age 22 and I will be married ?

Please advice, I shall be very greatfull if someone can help me with this.

Regards
Kashif

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1. You no longer have a chance to meet the 730 days in Canada in your first 5 years as a PR so you have already lost your PR but it is possible that you will still get through at the port of entry without any questions.

2. To sponsor your wife for PR, you need to be living in Canada. If you did get back into Canada without any questions, you could try it and hope they don't start questioning your residency.

3. Your father can not sponsor you again for PR under the federal system because you are not considered a dependent child anymore. If your father is living in Alberta, Manitoba or Saskatchewan, he may be able to sponsor you again under their provincial nominee programs. You also may be able to apply for PR again on your own either as a skilled worker or under Alberta H1B program.