+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Not sure about this in calculating the days

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
During my physical presence in Canada I left Canada say on Sunday morning to the US, spent the next day in the US, and Tuesday morning I returned. How should I write this when calculating my physical presence in my citizenship application? I mean, is this a 1 day absence, 2 days absence or 3 days absence? In other words, how to know whether a day is considered absence if part of it spent outside Canada, and the rest part inside Canada?

k300k3

Mar 6, 2019
During my physical presence in Canada I left Canada say on Sunday morning to the US, spent the next day in the US, and Tuesday morning I returned. How should I write this when calculating my physical presence in my citizenship application? I mean, is this a 1 day absence, 2 days absence or 3 days absence? In other words, how to know whether a day is considered absence if part of it spent outside Canada, and the rest part inside Canada?
Use the physical presence calculator on cic website. Just put in the date you left Canada and the date you returned to Canada. The calculator will calculate automatically .

Reactions: CaBeaver

Chrisstina

Sep 14, 2018
Use the physical presence calculator on cic website. Just put in the date you left Canada and the date you returned to Canada. The calculator will calculate automatically .
Hello
I had same set of dates for USA . My son left Toronto on 2nd Nov 2017 morning and after stay of night of 2nd and 3rd Nov 2017 hr returned back to Toronto on 4th Nov 2017 evening. As per physical calculator his absence was for one day of 3rd Nov. As departure day from Canada and Arrival back to Canada are not calculated absence for physical presence.
He has now got his citizenship. You also put dates in your physical calculator and you will get the same results. Wish you all the best.

Reactions: k300k3 and CaBeaver