+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Not PR yet, but already in Canada, anybody?

FloridaNative

Star Member
Jan 13, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-10-10
AOR Received.
01-13-11
Hi Everyone!

I am in a similar situation. We applied for my perm residency back in December 2010, and I have been living in Ottawa since February waiting to land. So, unable to work, unable to apply for heath care, unable to go to school. It has been quite hard for me. The first 5 months were ok because i was getting familiar with Ottawa and fixing up our new home, but the past 3 months have really been difficult. I check the mail everyday hoping for a letter from Buffalo, always to find nothing...

I am now volunteering 3 days a week, so I have something worthwhile to do. What a relief it will be to get out of limbo and become a permanent resident. Somedays, it seems as if it will never happen, we are going on 11 months!

Good luck to those of you waiting:) Hang in there!

AmericaninQuebec

Oct 12, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2011
LANDED..........
11-01-2012
FloridaNative said:
Hi Everyone!

I am in a similar situation. We applied for my perm residency back in December 2010, and I have been living in Ottawa since February waiting to land. So, unable to work, unable to apply for heath care, unable to go to school. It has been quite hard for me. The first 5 months were ok because i was getting familiar with Ottawa and fixing up our new home, but the past 3 months have really been difficult. I check the mail everyday hoping for a letter from Buffalo, always to find nothing...

I am now volunteering 3 days a week, so I have something worthwhile to do. What a relief it will be to get out of limbo and become a permanent resident. Somedays, it seems as if it will never happen, we are going on 11 months!

Good luck to those of you waiting:) Hang in there!
I feel the exact same way right now. I keep incessantly checking my email inbox and spam box too, since some people have mentioned getting the request for their passports via email. I have even been annoying my husband on days I'm not at home by calling to see if he's seen anything in the mail (he works from home). Like he wouldn't call immediately if he did. Hehe.

I hope you hear something soon, especially if you're going on 11 mths! I'm at 7 mths and counting. Fingers crossed for all of us to hear positive things soon!!