+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Not meeting Residency Obligations, but still let in

ectomorph

Jan 9, 2013
Hi All,

I'd like to hear from PRs who were allowed to enter Canada although they were in non-compliance of meeting their 2 out of 5 year residency requirements. What was your story and experience?

I am ex PR and thinking of moving back to Canada although I have not been back to Canada since 2007.

Thanks.

eriku

Star Member
Mar 22, 2012
hi,

I went through this exact situation last year. When I got to the Immigration section, the officer asked me why was I outside of Canada for such a long time (almost 4 years), I told him about my family problems back home and that this time I'm staying for good. He explained the residency obligation requirements and wrote something on the paper I filled up in the plane. Before exiting the immigration section you will surrender this paper to another officer, the officer will then check the paper and tell you where to go next. In my case the officer sent me to a room/office, I think it was the CBSA office. A lot of travelers where there lined up to be interviewed by an officer. When it was my turn, the officer asked for my passport and the paper and he went inside a small room while I waited on the bench. When he got out he just handed me my passport and I was good to go. I don't know what exactly happened but I'm very grateful for this 2nd chance.

farid-

Apr 19, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i have been through similar situation. if they let you in then complete 730 days requirement and then apply for renewal of pr card. hopefully everything will go smoothly my whole case is on the forum though. let me know if you have any further questions.

Helu

Apr 5, 2012
I was having the same situation. I travelled to Canada just when My PR was valid only for another five months. I was in without any questioning.

choson86

Sep 20, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey all,

Did you guyz all come in via airplane?
I wonder if there was anyone who got rejected from the land borders

farid-

Apr 19, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I don't know about other's but I personally did travel by air.

varmaswiss

Jan 6, 2013
My husband got his pr on june 2007 and he stayed there for 6 months in canada and he got back to india in christmas holidays and he unfortunately met with an accident and have to go for ankle implants removed and he was under treatment for severe complication for his ankle.he was in india since the time he got back from canada.now his canada pr expired in june 2012. he came to dubai in sep 2012 because he got his pr in june 2007 from dubai and he is medical fit now with out any complications and he is planning to go back to canada. please suggest if he can get a travel document on H & C grounds , he has all the medical document for last 5 years of his treatment.he is planning to apply for travel document in abu dhabi