+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOT ENOUGH EVIDENCE OF COHABITATION

Idrissrafd

Aug 12, 2020
Okay, if you think that shows how it works, fine. Seems a bit naive.

You can of course complain. But do you have any evidence of bias? or do you just feel you were mistreated?
That’s the main problem. We can’t be sure if someone is biased. That’s the problem. There’s a risk -little or not-, for us, to have a racist/extremist/ignorant/homophobe/etc agent. They know everything about our private life. Yes, zero risk does not exist unfortunately, but we can limit it...by reducing their power.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
That’s the main problem. We can’t be sure if someone is biased. That’s the problem. There’s a risk -little or not-, for us, to have a racist/extremist/ignorant/homophobe/etc agent. They know everything about our private life. Yes, zero risk does not exist unfortunately, but we can limit it...by reducing their power.
So no, you have no evidence whatsoever, and just think you're being treated unfairly.

Have you ordered your gcms notes?

sharmgop

Star Member
Aug 30, 2019
I received a letter from cpc-m in august 2020 about providing proofs of relationship, I provided all sorts of proofs
I received SA right after a month, but they didn’t give me AIP, they put my file in Etobicoke in December
8 days back I received a letter from Etobicoke to provide more evidence
I did again provide evidence
On 20th March I received a letter that officer is not convinced by the evidence & thinks I’m not in a genuine relationship, if I don’t disabuse his concern, he would give rejection.
He has mentioned more things in the letter to be provided and he is ready to see any other information I can provide
I have a 30 days window, I don’t know what to exactly do in order to clear his doubts at this time.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I received a letter from cpc-m in august 2020 about providing proofs of relationship, I provided all sorts of proofs
I received SA right after a month, but they didn’t give me AIP, they put my file in Etobicoke in December
8 days back I received a letter from Etobicoke to provide more evidence
I did again provide evidence
On 20th March I received a letter that officer is not convinced by the evidence & thinks I’m not in a genuine relationship, if I don’t disabuse his concern, he would give rejection.
He has mentioned more things in the letter to be provided and he is ready to see any other information I can provide
I have a 30 days window, I don’t know what to exactly do in order to clear his doubts at this time.
Provide what they requested and whatever else you can think of to support your case. Have you ordered GCMS notes?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Guys I have a question..please someone shed some light.

If I submit a PR application with common law spouse accompanying....but the officer is ultimately not satisfied with the evidence provided and deems we do not qualify as common law partners....what is the general position? Is the common law partner denied with the primary applicant still being able to proceed? Or is the entire application dismissed for both parties?

Thank you
How long have you lived together and what type of proof did you provide? Have you been declaring your common law status on other documents like taxes, other immigration documents, etc.? I would suggest speaking to a lawyer. You need to declare that you are common law or else you can't sponsor your spouse but you if you don't have enough proof of being common law IRCC can demand more proof.

Reactions: YVR123 and malimu

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
We lived together continuously for 1 year and 8 months. ITA just received and now in the process of gathering proof for submission. Unfortunately the only real evidence we have are the joint lease agreements. We do not disclose common law status on tax returns etc where we are from (Caribbean) as this isnt recognised. At this time we are actually living in different islands due to work opportunities, however I understand that it would still be the correct approach to present as common-law despite the current separation as the relationship is being maintained and we are engaged.

I'm concerned because of the little proof, combined with us currently living apart. However I want to be as transparent as possible and declare him upfront. Tricky circumstances I know..

I would like to know in such cases, would both of us would be denied? Thanks for your insight
Do you have employment records with your common address? Bills? Deliveries? Tax filings?