+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOT CANADA.......

canadalover

Jun 2, 2009
Blessed are the poor, the ones coming from war zone or third world countries. i mean that they don't have to worry about new life in canada because it really can't be worst. I read about not canada and really what they say make canada very attractive to some people.
1- Very hard to find jobs vs do you know some place where it is very easy to find a job when you come from another country?
2- I many places you have no jobs + you can be killed, kidnapped, tortures just for what you believe or what kind of dress you wear.
3 There is a guy complaining about living in a basement: Many people sleep in the street and would be glad to find a basement
4- Doctors delivering pizza vs no country greet foreign doctors at the airport and open immediatly the surgery room for them to practice medicine without making sure they actually can do the job and follow the local standards.
immigration is always hard. it was hard for europeens coming to America ( but most of them were desperate in europe). it's always hard to start a new life. Keep this in mind. i suggest someone to search for job before immigrating, start study or pass certification exam before leaving.. yes, it will be hard, specially if you were confortable in your home country. But If in your home you were scared for the safety of your children, tired of political trouble, tired of paying taxes for people in governement to go to vacation, buy luxurious home and cars while garbage accumulate in front of your house. then canada is for you and not canada. com might actually strenghten your desire to start a new life in a new place

canadalover

Jun 2, 2009
By the way, the site warns all potential immigarnts that winters are cold in canada. Just for those who might have thought it's a tropical country..ha ha
well, we all know it's cold there.

MARLENA

Mar 24, 2009
I came to Canada when I was young, all I can say it offered me the best in everything from education, job, security and happiness...I can never have the same opportunities If I stayed in my native country. The one thing that I admire the most that I am safe and not have to worry to live in a war the next day...
It's an honour to have a such a great opportunity to live in Canada.

Cheers!!!

PankajK

Mar 22, 2009
Vancouver, BC CANADA
Visa Office......
SINGAPORE
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
July 2009
AOR Received.
November 2010
Med's Done....
June 2012
Passport Req..
September 2012
VISA ISSUED...
September 2012
LANDED..........
November 2012 Vancouver, BC
Check this URL http://annares.wordpress.com/2009/06/05/who-is-notcanada-com/

joy4u

Jun 12, 2009
Most of the good stuffs can only be achieved through hard work, smart planning and sharp common sense.

Regards
joy

shabegger

Jul 13, 2009
PankaJK -- I wondered myself if NotCanada was a hoax, and I admit it's hard to tell . . . Personally, I believe that the people who run it are, in fact, Canadian immigrants who hate Canada. These are my reasons.

1) one of them claims to be an accountant of Sri Lankan origin, who came to Canada via England, who has been denied certification in Canada and has spent 8 or 10 years or something suing Canada and sending petitions to the United Nations.

- would someone trying to create a fake site dream up a story so pathetic and improbable? Only real
human beings are so proud and angry as to waste their lives on things like this.

2) on a few threads various NotCanada regulars display their total ignorance of how the higher education system works.

- why would someone writing a fake site want to make the fictional authors appear petty, stupid, and
greedy? It would be better if they were intelligent and sensitive, and still failed.

3) when talking about the aforementioned lawsuit, various NotCanada people start chiming in on 'class action attacks on the Canadian immigration system,' dreaming of a thousand people all contributing a hundred dollars, publicity, newspaper reports, notice by the United Nations, etc.

- only angry groups of real humans get this important and stupid, it is almost impossible to imitate

4) The site basically beats the same theme over and over; educated foreigners are not getting appropriate jobs. If it was trying to discourage immigration, it would have more stories about racist attacks, beatings, freezings-to-death, etc. etc.

- I really think that the people writing it are educated, or semi-educated, professionals, who had a
discouraging experience in Canada and are REALLY angry about it.

There's a thread by a Filipino engineer that totally rings true to me. He went to college out of 10th grade, so his B.A. degree isn't recognized by some Canadian professional board, which is par for the course; all Western educational standards require you to finish 12 years of high school before going to college. Chinese nurses, for example, often start a specialized training course in 9th or 10th grade -- these people cannot work in the U.S. no matter how many tests they pass. This is not a detail that an anti-immigration Canadian would dream up. At least I don't think so, maybe they're more intelligent than I give them credit for.

Or, maybe parts of it are fake and parts are real . . . Like everything . . .

charninder

Jul 2, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shabegger said:
For what it's worth, I spent a good bit of time looking at the Not Canada web site --on one hand, it's worth thinking about. Imagine yourself in a new country, new climate, new customs, new manners, and you have to go find a good job. Of course there are going to be people in that country already who can do your job, and maybe there is some institutional and personal prejudice against you; it might be tough to get yourself hired over other, more local people. Everywhere is like that, and in my experience (I was a student in Toronto), Canada is too but less so than most places. You might be one of the people who hates it -- imagine all of the above, and then a gray, bitter winter and expensive, bland food and everyone walking around in a coat staring at the ground.

I think a lot of it depends on what you expect. My personal hope (beyond getting my visa approved, please) is that when I go to Canada I can simply find an acceptable job, right away, that will let me and my family live without using our savings. That will give me time to find a better job at leisure, and my wife a relaxed period to pass the Canadian nursing qualifications.

The Not Canada site is driven by bitterness and ignorance. I read a very interesting thread started by an American doctor working in Nova Scotia who described his wish to move to Canada (to work in a fair health system), how he prepared beforehand, fit in quite well, accepted Canada and loved his work there even though he made less money. The three or four people (Not Canada only has about 6 regular posters) who respond to everything not only couldn't accept this, they didn't believe him. They questioned his motives, refusing to believe an American doctor would accept less pay in Canada, and eventually deciding that he must have committed serious malpractice in the States. They questioned his identity; the doctor gave them his name and how to check his current licensing online; they discovered that he was also faculty at Dalhousie University (which is normal for medical schools, they have large numbers of normal doctors appointed as occasional instructors) and accused him of making everything up, etc. etc. All of this was done in the rudest manner, and showed a small group of people who were simply unable to believe a normal, happy story, and were ignorant of how the educational system works in North America.

There was another person who mentioned how he went to school in Canada and the States, graduated with a PhD, and got a good job in Canada that paid more than the U.S. (I think it was about $80,000). The regulars at Not Canada couldn't believe that this was an entry-level salary for a PhD (in fact, it's rather high), and spent their time making fun of the person for wasting his time getting an education and a good job in a field that he loved.

In other words, the people at Not Canada don't really understand how things work, there. They don't understand Western educational institutions, or what is possible and realistic. On or two of them actually brag that they didn't waste their time getting a Masters degree in Canada. They can't believe that people would do something that doesn't make them rich, probably because they went to Canada expecting to become wealthy. Don't go to Canada to get rich, go there to be comfortable and to enjoy the equality of education and opportunity that you and your children will receive. They can't accept that many immigrants are successful in Canada -- I don't know why this is, because I don't know them myself. I have no doubt at all that there is racism and discrimination in Canada, it's not a perfect country. Many people will go there and fail, or feel like they fail. But at the same time, it accepts huge numbers of immigrants, it gives them health insurance, free language training, counseling for credential licensing, and much, much, more. A former Premier of British Columbia was born in the Punjab and lived there until he was 18 or so. He arrived in Canada as an adult and worked as a manual laborer. Now he's in the national government. How many of us can say our country would have a man, or woman, like that in charge of one of its largest provinces, or as a minister?

I certainly can't.
Dear Sir,

Congratulations on your one of the finest posts. You have expressed what was going on our minds. Truly a nice post and the one must be read by all. This post will be a guiding factor for many immigration aspirants.

Great Job, keep it up.

arjun singh

Jul 9, 2010
hey guys don't lose seelp over "notcanada.com". It went out of business few months ago.
I used to post in it and since my comments were positive they used to delete it.

It was started by a BAKI-STANI who could not get admission in CDN Med school (as if it is a birth right) and his sidekick a bangladeshi civil engineer who cannot get a job in Canada (personally I don't think he is nowadays working anywhere in the world. There were few (about 5 0r 6) very dissatisfied and dogmatic followers. Any comments that were positive were immediately deleted.

mrkcse

Jul 6, 2010
arjun singh said:
hey guys don't lose seelp over "notcanada.com". It went out of business few months ago.
I used to post in it and since my comments were positive they used to delete it.

It was started by a BAKI-STANI who could not get admission in CDN Med school (as if it is a birth right) and his sidekick a bangladeshi civil engineer who cannot get a job in Canada (personally I don't think he is nowadays working anywhere in the world. There were few (about 5 0r 6) very dissatisfied and dogmatic followers. Any comments that were positive were immediately deleted.
Actually quality matters....no matter what is your origin..... If you are unqualified, then you will blame everything.. I know one of my Bangldeshi IT managers who got PR , migrated to canada two months back and managed to get a job within one month.

tinuadeadebola

Champion Member
Feb 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2010
Doc's Request.
22-06-2010
AOR Received.
22-06-2010
IELTS Request
already taken
File Transfer...
26-06-2010
Med's Request
June18th 2012
Med's Done....
June 21st 2012
Passport Req..
August 21st 2012
VISA ISSUED...
August 27th 2012
LANDED..........
February, 2013
simplesimon said:
I was curious and visited NOTCANADA website. It is full of horror stories and can be quite discouraging.

I know its not going to be a walk in the park to start making a life all over again and psychologically difficult to take a job at a lower level, but that is how it is. One cannot expect to be hired at the same designation and salary as back home because at the end of the day you have no Canadian experience.

As for Racism, one needs also to look at one self and see what have I done to integrate myself into the society that I have chosen to adopt ? we also have a part to play in the treatment we receive - when you put up barriers and remain insular you are "different" and "different" brings out racism because people are wary of you, they dont know you. We are guilty of being racist at some point or other in our life.

I have friends who tell me - yes you do start at the bottom but you move up very quickly - Canadians will reward hard work - it is all merit based and im hoping that it is true.

For me, moving to Canada will mean giving up a senior Managerial post with all the perks - company car and ulimited medical benefit, warm sunny climate, househelp justin order to have a good night's sleep and not to wake up to a news bulletin saying your country is now under military rule !

It really depends what your aspirations and priorities are for your life and family. !

The other point is that - I may not be able to adjust or like it but after getting my PR - I can basically move anywhere in the world where an opportunity presents itself and will always be assured that in the event that I need to return to Canada I can always do so. All you give up is 3 yrs of your life.
Thanks dear. would always keep this in my mind

Nicholas

Star Member
Aug 6, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Even some of the best will fail in Canada. Sometimes there is also bad luck.

The BBC had an interesting program on the radio a couple of weeks back. An Indian UK reporter came to visit extended family in Torono. He interviewed his relatives, and they only had praise for Canada. Some of them had good jobs and they said that their lives were not effected by racism. One, who had lived in the UK before immigrating to Canada, said that in the UK people would call him a packi, but that has not happened to him in Canada. As a white Canadian, I know that there is racism in Canada (not just the white people) but I would say that most Canadians would just rather get along than to cause friction. Sure you will find the odd youth trying to make trouble, but on the whole we Canadians just want to get along.

When you come to Canada and find a home, introduce yourself to your neighbours. You will be surprised by how helpfull they can be.

mperei02

Aug 1, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
NOC Code......
Social Worker
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29/12/2010
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
20/6/2011
Med's Request
Currently ECAS shows in process since 26 Aug 2011
Med's Done....
20th September Completed / Received 7th October.
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13 Jan 2012
VISA ISSUED...
16 Jan 2012
LANDED..........
May 2012....returned Nov 2012
I am Australian PR and working in Govt dept...If I will get a visa to Canada I will fly in to find job when I am on holidays, wont leave job in Aus untill I get one in Canada...

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS: 12th October, 2010
Med's Request
Withdrawal Request sent....Was waiting for files to return....instead of returning the files, VO sent the MR !!
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/pr-card-received-on-42nd-day-of-landing-t49731.0.html

Read that, he seems to have failed to get a job within 42 days of his residence in Canada. Situation is not so good now for job seekers.