+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

"Not authorized to work in childcare, Primary school" please help open work permit???

Toma1993

Star Member
May 11, 2017
Hi guys, I am in Canada, I recently applied for sponsership spouse application along with my application, I sumbited my open work permit so I can work in Canada while I wait for my PR.

After few months, I got approved for my work permit but in my work permit its says "not authorized to work in childcare" and I always has been working in childcare.

I called the agent to confirm and they told me all work permit are written like ttha if u dont do your medical exam when u sumbit your application.

Now, I have done my medical exam and I would like to change the condition and work with children, I am not sure which form do I need to apply?
I Don't wanna sumbit the wrong form.

Anyone with same situation or been into same situation please help? Thank you

sdta

Feb 5, 2019
Hi guys, I am in Canada, I recently applied for sponsership spouse application along with my application, I sumbited my open work permit so I can work in Canada while I wait for my PR.

After few months, I got approved for my work permit but in my work permit its says "not authorized to work in childcare" and I always has been working in childcare.

I called the agent to confirm and they told me all work permit are written like ttha if u dont do your medical exam when u sumbit your application.

Now, I have done my medical exam and I would like to change the condition and work with children, I am not sure which form do I need to apply?
I Don't wanna sumbit the wrong form.

Anyone with same situation or been into same situation please help? Thank you

Hey, have you found out how long it will take from the time you hand in the forms to change your conditions?
Also, what is the number you used to speak to an agent?
I have also come across the same thing. I've worked in childcare for the past few years, and once I moved here I have these restrictions on my work permit, but have completed my medical exam. I am looking for work, but not sure if I can work in a school as office admin or do other work with these restrictions.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
All an agent at the CIC call centre will do is tell you to submit the application to change conditions. They cannot change conditions for you over the phone.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
If you live close to a border you can do it there. Check the hours because some land border only process various application during a certain day or time.

Shenay

May 22, 2019
Hi everyone
I am also in the same situation. I received my work permit and it says not authorized to work in childcare, primary secondary school teaching, health service field occupations. When I was applying for work permit, I sent my medical exam information sheet so I have completed my medical exam. I called 18882422100 but I couldn’t talk with somebody about this.
What I have to do to prove that I have already got my medical exam?!! Please help

Reactions: sdta

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi everyone
I am also in the same situation. I received my work permit and it says not authorized to work in childcare, primary secondary school teaching, health service field occupations. When I was applying for work permit, I sent my medical exam information sheet so I have completed my medical exam. I called 18882422100 but I couldn’t talk with somebody about this.
What I have to do to prove that I have already got my medical exam?!! Please help
Do you live close to a border? You could go there and show that you passed the medical. Not sure if they have to remove the condition but others have done it in the past.

Reactions: Shenay

sdta

Feb 5, 2019
Hi everyone

Hey, so I called and spoke to an agent about my situation (which sounds like the exact same as yours). They said there is nothing they can do and I'll have to reapply for my work permit with changed conditions, now that my medical exam has come through and been passed. Basically they didn't wait for my medical exam to come through (even though I completed it a day after I received the notice) and sent off my work permit, and because my medical exam hadn't reached them, the work permit has these restrictions. You'll have to reapply with the forms to Change Conditions of work permit

Reactions: Shenay

Sara97

Nov 19, 2019
Hi guys, does anyone know if massage therapy is included in that “healthcare condition”? Especially since it’s not regulated as yet in Alberta

Pilkela

Sep 10, 2019
Hi. I would like to babysit couple kids at our place for the summer while my own kids stay at home. I have the same conditions on my work permit "not authorized to work in childcare, primary secondary school teaching, health service field occupations." I was wondering if babysitting is considered working in childcare or just babysitting? Is non-registered childcare services considered "childcare" in the context of the work permit? Thanks

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Hi. I would like to babysit couple kids at our place for the summer while my own kids stay at home. I have the same conditions on my work permit "not authorized to work in childcare, primary secondary school teaching, health service field occupations." I was wondering if babysitting is considered working in childcare or just babysitting? Is non-registered childcare services considered "childcare" in the context of the work permit? Thanks
You're caring for children. It's childcare.

This is like asking if the corner store that sells groceries is the same as a large big-box retailer in the context of "groceries."

Apr 26, 2021
I have same restriction in my work permit. I want to know with the condition that says i am not authorized to work in health service field occupations, can i work as a data entry supervisor in a skin care clinic?