+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Not an american citizen!

josinyc

Star Member
Oct 7, 2008
Well, I have a bachelor degree in Economics from the US. However, I have a good knowledge in Accounting because I took a lot of courses in accounting.I work as a supervisor for 5 years and I am about to be promoted to Assistant Manager. what about the IELTS? did you have to take the test?

Thanks.

mjsantos

Oct 5, 2008
Well, most people who applied said that if you are not an American born, they will ask you for your proficiency in English and the IELTS is what they ask. I guess they never asked you, then. That's what everyone here in this forum talks about.

josinyc

Star Member
Oct 7, 2008
Yes. If you were not born in the US, they require you to prove you proficency in English and the IELTS is the test they require.

Thanks.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
They weren't doing it when I applied, they just took my word for it that I could speak English but lately I've heard people say that even after having all their university education in an English speaking country, they still had to take IELTS.

josinyc

Star Member
Oct 7, 2008
So, if I am not an american born and decide to write them an essay explaining why I am proficient in English due to my education received in the US, Can they deny my case or the most that can happen is that they will request my IELTS results?

Thanks.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
josinyc said:
So, if I am not an american born and decide to write them an essay explaining why I am proficient in English due to my education received in the US, Can they deny my case or the most that can happen is that they will request my IELTS results?

Thanks.
I don't know if they deny you or request IELTS first but if they would deny you, you can do IELTS and appeal their decision.