+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

nostatus in canada spousal sponsership plz help

kirthan5

Jun 6, 2010
hi everybody
my visa expired in july 08.
now am married my wife has PR.we have a baby too.am scared to apply for my spousal sponsership.whis is the best way to apply in-land or out-land.am from india.

me an my wife got married oct 09 an our baby is born in feb 10.we met in april 07 ice then we r living together an got married oct 09.we dont really have enough prrof for living tgether.we only have photos online for some parties and when i propse her in dec 08 thats how we get engaged.we have some baeball tickets from 07 toois ths proof enough for our application.
can any1 help me plz
thankyou

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
You've been living with your wife and child, so you should be able to get proof of this. If your name is not on the lease or utility bill, get affidavits from your landlord and neighbours stating that they know you are living together.
Try to get photos with you, your wife, and baby all together, not just of the baby.
If you have photos online, you can get them printed; as well, if you are on Facebook or something like that, you can get screenshots.
Tickets to events you went to together are good, as are restaurant receipts, but since you've been living together a pair of tickets from 2007 won't really help much. Better to get lots of evidence you live together; and if you are going to use event tickets, have more than just one pair.
People I know have had their PR applications accepted even after having been caught living in Canada illegally and being deported, so your case is not hopeless.
Good luck!

kirthan5

Jun 6, 2010
i have season openers for jays for 07 08 09 and 4 of regular seasonand two movie tickets .. we have pictures taken in the dome ,parties, get together,and pics when i proposed her in 08.
we get married at Toronto city hall downtown Toronto.lots of pics taken there on the streets of downtown and many pics taken with all the guests in front of Nathan Philips square and on the street., all of our guests are in formal dressings and me my wife are in traditional dress too.
we have a joint bank a/c opened in 09 September( how much is the min balance is required).
we have all the certificates of our baby.
According to the affidavits, is it okay to get affidavits in regular plain paper signed and written with full name address and ph.no..
do i have to include the police clearance and the medicals while i am sending my application.
Which is the better one for me, IN-LAND or OUT-LAND application..
when i called the cic call center , they said everything is okay .
thankyou all..

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
kirthan5 said:
i have season openers for jays for 07 08 09 and 4 of regular seasonand two movie tickets .. we have pictures taken in the dome ,parties, get together,and pics when i proposed her in 08.
we get married at Toronto city hall downtown Toronto.lots of pics taken there on the streets of downtown and many pics taken with all the guests in front of Nathan Philips square and on the street., all of our guests are in formal dressings and me my wife are in traditional dress too.
This is all good evidence. Event tickets where you also have photos of the two of you together at the event are much better than just the tickets!
we have a joint bank a/c opened in 09 September( how much is the min balance is required).
Joint accounts are good evidence; no minimal balance is required for it to be evidence.
we have all the certificates of our baby.
The visa office sometimes asks for DNA testing. Wait until they ask for it, because it costs a lot and they only accept the results from some labs.
According to the affidavits, is it okay to get affidavits in regular plain paper signed and written with full name address and ph.no..
A real affidavit is best, but the visa officer and appeal board, if it comes to that, will also accept letters and emails from family and friends. Affidavits, letters, and emails used as support letters should include the writer's name, address, phone number, email.

Include the medicals and police clearances with your application.
Everything does sound fine.

I

iarblue

Note:On February 18, 2005, the Minister announced a new public policy under which legal immigration status is no longer a requirement for spouses and common-law partners of Canadian citizens and permanent residents in Canada, who wish to apply for permanent resident status provided that they have an eligible sponsor. However, all other eligibility requirements continue to apply.
In addition, to be able to continue to work and study in Canada, an application for extension must be received by CIC before the work or study permit has expired. Ensure that you mail the completed application, required documentation and fees for an extension to CIC well before the expiry date shown on your work or study permit. Visitors should also apply to extend their visitor status before the expiry of this status.

And Inland ?Outland its your choice really Outland is a little Quicker,the only catch of the outland is that if your required for an interview,you will need to go to the visa office that your application is processed at.
Inland your interview if required will be here.

RobsLuv

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2008
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Original:14Mar2007; Reprocess began after appeal:26Apr2010
Doc's Request.
Original:9May'07; Reprocess:7May'10
AOR Received.
Original:28Apr'07; Reprocess:26Apr'10
File Transfer...
n/a
Med's Request
Reprocessing:7May2010
Med's Done....
Jun2010
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
30Nov2010!!
VISA ISSUED...
31Dec2010!!
LANDED..........
31Jan2011
kirthan5 said:
hi everybody
my visa expired in july 08.
now am married my wife has PR.we have a baby too.am scared to apply for my spousal sponsership.whis is the best way to apply in-land or out-land.am from india.

me an my wife got married oct 09 an our baby is born in feb 10.we met in april 07 ice then we r living together an got married oct 09.we dont really have enough prrof for living tgether.we only have photos online for some parties and when i propse her in dec 08 thats how we get engaged.we have some baeball tickets from 07 toois ths proof enough for our application.
can any1 help me plz
thankyou
Co-habitation is not a requirement for spousal sponsorship - only for common-law qualification. Lots of married couples are unable to live together until the foreign national gets PR because of immigration barriers. Your marriage qualifies you to apply - the other component is the "genuine relationship" part and that's what you prove with pictures, letters, emails, proof of phone contact and visits to each other, etc. Because you've been living with your wife in Canada (albeit illegally) since at least Oct 2009, you're probably not going to have much in the way of proofs of visits, contact, etc. In that case, you should get statutory declarations from friends and family who can attest to knowing the two of you as a loving and genuine couple. The "genuine relationship" part is about convincing CIC that you did not get married just so you could stay in Canada, and the fact that you've overstayed since July 2008 makes you suspect. So you're going to need to provide lots of good proof.

One thing that would help your case would be for you to return to India and apply from there - so that you don't appear to be trying to stay in Canada. You can apply outland even while you're in Canada, even without valid status, but be aware that if they ask you to attend an interview, it will be held in India - and you will also have to submit your passport to that embassy at the end of the process in order to get your PR. So, if you apply outland, a large part of the process will be handled there. India does process spousal applications quite quickly - ND is currently finalizing spousal aps in 2-6 months, plus another 6 weeks or so currently for CPC-Mississauga to start the process by approving the sponsor.
iarblue said:
"Note:On February 18, 2005, the Minister announced a new public policy under which legal immigration status is no longer a requirement for spouses and common-law partners of Canadian citizens and permanent residents in Canada, who wish to apply for permanent resident status provided that they have an eligible sponsor. However, all other eligibility requirements continue to apply.
In addition, to be able to continue to work and study in Canada, an application for extension must be received by CIC before the work or study permit has expired. Ensure that you mail the completed application, required documentation and fees for an extension to CIC well before the expiry date shown on your work or study permit. Visitors should also apply to extend their visitor status before the expiry of this status."
BE CAREFUL that you completely understand the implications of this policy. Inland is clearly only advantageous for those who have valid temporary status that they can extend through the inland process in order to remain in Canada and continue working or studying under their original permit. Although out of status spouses and common-law partners can, as of Feb 2005, apply (and be approved) for permanent status without having to have valid temporary status, simply applying inland does not give them valid status. This also does not mean that their PR applications proceed smoothly - in fact, all out-of-status applicant applications are sent to the local CIC office for processing and if your office happens to be backlogged with applications, you could wait for up to two years just to get to the first stage of assessment. In the meantime, you're stuck in Canada with no way to validate your status because if you leave Canada, you forfeit the inland ap and there is no other option to validate your temporary status when you're out of status but to leave and then try to re-enter. In addition, applying inland will not stop any removal proceedings that have already been initiated - although CIC normally does not deport spousal applicants who have submitted a PR ap, unless they deem the relationship non-genuine. So be sure you understand that you could wait a very long time to finally have status if you apply inland - and if you apply outland, you should have a decision in an average of 6 months time - maybe sooner. You may end up having to go back to India for a while to wait things out - if you are called to an interview, you won't get back into Canada again until your PR is approved and you arrive to land - but then you can get on with life. It's entirely your decision. The process, overall, is the same except that there is no right of appeal for an inland application so, if they believe you are only married so you can stay in Canada and they refuse your inland application, you're gone. No options except to go home and start all over again with an outland ap - with the disadvantage of already having been refused for an MOC hanging over your head.

kirthan5

Jun 6, 2010
Thankyou so much.I called the cic call center and talked to them about my status.they said its okay to apply IN-LAND but as for no status there is a chance for the immigration to catch and DEPORT you anytime and cancell your application.This is what i am concerned.
As no status will i have any problem with police clearance.Are there any documents to take with me for police clearance other than ID and PASSPORT
what kind of interview will i have.
how long do i have to wait in NEWDELHI after submitting my PASSPORT to them.
Is there any chance for No Interview with OUT-BOUND application.
Is there any rejections in OUT-LAND process.

missingmyhubby

Nov 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009-04-15
Doc's Request.
2009-09-08
AOR Received.
2009-09-21
File Transfer...
2009-05-04
Med's Request
2010-02-25
Med's Done....
2010-03-04
Interview........
not requested
Passport Req..
2010-05-20
I knew nothing about this process when my husband and i started. He was in canada on no status as well, very similar situation, except he is from Jamaica.
I don't want to scare you but he was sent back home. We started an in-land application and during the process of gettting that app together he was found here because we were seeking a police clearance and finger printing. Initially they let him stay and we had to do monthly checks with Imm. But eventually they asked him to leave, pull our file and re-file as out land.
Although he was asked to leave on a removal order...not to be confused with deportation... we were not asked for an interview. they were satisfied with our proof. It has taken 15 months but now we are just waiting for them to call and have him pick up is pass port.

dudebr

Star Member
May 14, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
missingmyhubby said:
I knew nothing about this process when my husband and i started. He was in canada on no status as well, very similar situation, except he is from Jamaica.
I don't want to scare you but he was sent back home. We started an in-land application and during the process of gettting that app together he was found here because we were seeking a police clearance and finger printing. Initially they let him stay and we had to do monthly checks with Imm. But eventually they asked him to leave, pull our file and re-file as out land.
Although he was asked to leave on a removal order...not to be confused with deportation... we were not asked for an interview. they were satisfied with our proof. It has taken 15 months but now we are just waiting for them to call and have him pick up is pass port.
Was he deported only for being illegal in Canada? was there any conviction against him? that's weird, I say that because if NON-STATUS PEOPLE may apply under FCS why would the CIC people deport them once they do apply?
Sometimes I can't understand these policies, they say that out of status can apply under FCS and then when they come forward the IO deport them? what's the point?

missingmyhubby

Nov 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009-04-15
Doc's Request.
2009-09-08
AOR Received.
2009-09-21
File Transfer...
2009-05-04
Med's Request
2010-02-25
Med's Done....
2010-03-04
Interview........
not requested
Passport Req..
2010-05-20
dudebr said:
Was he deported only for being illegal in Canada? was there any conviction against him? that's weird, I say that because if NON-STATUS PEOPLE may apply under FCS why would the CIC people deport them once they do apply?
Sometimes I can't understand these policies, they say that out of status can apply under FCS and then when they come forward the IO deport them? what's the point?
There were no convictions, he was sent home on a removal order due to an over stay therefore no status...we tried like hell, begged and pleaded but they wouldn't budge, they gave him three weeks to leave the country
doesn't seem to matter the office or country of origin, this process is a confusing mess with minimal consistencies

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
You need a police clearance from Canada. If I were you, I'd go apply for it, go back to India and apply outland, and submit a lot of proof that your marriage is genuine. You'll get a PR a lot faster, and won't be spending the next two or three years worrying about being caught and asked to leave Canada.