+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Normal Processing Times from Calgary office?

batmann

Star Member
Jul 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Maria Ash said:
So today we went for test as the other forum members have mentioned they go thru ur documents and yes they do require translation of stamps which r not in English
The test itself was ok u must read the book thoroughly and one should be good for the test I read it twice so it was worked for me
will update once I geT oath letter
Was told the same as everyone else that it will take1-3 months for oath letter to come
Thanks all forum members and good luck to u all as well
Congrats Maria Ash. Thanks for sharing your experiences.

I translated all the stamps by myself, is that ok or do they require the Certified Interpreter or Translator?

Would you mind share your timeline?

Thank you.

Born-confused

Oct 18, 2014
I went for the test this morning, I took all original documents with me just in case they might ask any document.
the officer was very polite and friendly she asked for my ids and passports and landing paper.
She checked my passports and asked me about my job and after that she asked me to sign declaration and returned my all ids and passport and said go to the hall for the test and good luck. that's it for the interview. She didn't check any document other than above at all.
Inside the hall there were 30 people or so, test was super easy mainly from the book and common sense /General Knowledge.
after test they tell your score and you can leave the building.
hopefully I will get the oath letter in coming months will update.

alexdive

Aug 19, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
oct 23, 2014
LANDED..........
12-01-2012
Hi born-confused,
Could you please share your timeline?
Thanks

Alex_78

Star Member
May 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Calgary
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2014
AOR Received.
04-02-2015
File Transfer...
03-03-2015
Guyz

Just as a thought, application processing for Calgary office takes way longer than that of Toronto. So when you finally get your citizenship and added to Canadian vote bank, please do not forget the ordeal that you went through and many more are still going through. Please ask question to your MPs as to what they are doing to resolve this

jillavery

Feb 17, 2015
Hi guys,

I applied in October 2014, started processing in January 2015.

I just noticed that my online status has been updated for the following:

"Your file was transferred to the Calgary office on February 5, 2015. The Calgary office will contact you".

Does anyone know if this is normal? How is it possible that a couple weeks after processing it is already transferred to the local office?

Thanks in advance!

mimi23

Star Member
Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Its normal mine receieved on jul 28 n was at local office Calgary By early oct 2014 ,
jillavery said:
Hi guys,

"Your file was transferred to the Calgary office on February 5, 2015. The Calgary office will contact you".

Does anyone know if this is normal? How is it possible that a couple weeks after processing it is already transferred to the local office?

Thanks in advance!

pingaustin

Jul 1, 2008
jillavery said:
Hi guys,

Thanks in advance!

I guess there are still inconsistencies in the entire process.
My own application was received June 24, 2014.
In process August 14, 2014.

There's no line showing file being transferred to Calgary.

Where did you see that line?

jillavery

Feb 17, 2015
Thank you mimi23!

I was slightly confused and worried because I read in this thread that it usually takes 12 months before it is transferred to the local office. Glad to hear you have a similar experience!

jillavery

Feb 17, 2015
pingaustin said:
I guess there are still inconsistencies in the entire process.
My own application was received June 24, 2014.
In process August 14, 2014.

There's no line showing file being transferred to Calgary.

Where did you see that line?
So on the online status tool, mine also shows in process, but when I went into the details, there were 4 items: 1. receipt date; 2. AOR; 3. Starting processing date; 4. transferred to Calgary office date.

htayyab

Star Member
Dec 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
SEP-2011
AOR Received.
NOV-2011
Med's Done....
NOV-2011
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
May-2012
VISA ISSUED...
JUN-2012
LANDED..........
JUL-2012
Born-confused said:
@ alexdive

Application received - Nov 2013
Processing start Feb,2014
LOT- March , 2014
Test- 17feb 2015
Hi,

Can I please ask what documents apart from the checklist did you submit with your application? Would greatly appreciate your response.

Thanks,
htayyab

pingaustin

Jul 1, 2008
jillavery said:
So on the online status tool, mine also shows in process, but when I went into the details, there were 4 items: 1. receipt date; 2. AOR; 3. Starting processing date; 4. transferred to Calgary office date.
Mine only shows three items.
1. Receipt date
2.AOR
3.Start Processing date.

Obviously, there are inconsistencies.