+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Normal Processing Times from Calgary office?

smrit

Star Member
Dec 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good thing that you didn't ask, which country's citizenship was the application for?

ROFL! ;) :-* :p

yesterday1234 said:
HI GUY WICH OFFICE CIC THANKS ;D

Stillwaiting0710

Oct 7, 2014
Sent application October 8th 2013
Application received October 10th 2013
Start Processing : January 17th 2014
LOT : March 25th 2014
Test : January 23rd 2015
was given the CIT0520 to translate an old expired passport , sent it back on January 27th
no oath letter yet, and ECAS has not been updated for over a year now(test date is not on ECAS)

Born-confused

Oct 18, 2014
@stillwaiting0710
did you enter Canada on that old expired passport?
is there any relation between your 4 years period and the old expired passport?

Stillwaiting0710

Oct 7, 2014
Born-confused said:
@ stillwaiting0710
did you enter Canada on that old expired passport?
is there any relation between your 4 years period and the old expired passport?
no i entered Canada with My new passport , but my old passport was cancelled (punched and had cancelled stamp on it) but its expiry date was till 2011

a.R.

Star Member
Apr 9, 2014
Stillwaiting0710 said:
no i entered Canada with My new passport , but my old passport was cancelled (punched and had cancelled stamp on it) but its expiry date was till 2011
Keep us posted. My timelines are very similar to yours. No oath invite yet.

Born-confused

Oct 18, 2014
you didn't have translation handy during Interview? OR you overlooked that requirement?

Stillwaiting0710

Oct 7, 2014
Born-confused said:
you didn't have translation handy during Interview? OR you overlooked that requirement?
I only translated my current passport that i entered Canada with, it did not cross my mind that i need to translate the old cancelled passport.

shozee

Apr 24, 2014
Did they ask you to translate whole passport or only the stamps of that passport ? I had my expired passports with me and one of my expired passport and wife's passport were the one we used to enter Canada for the first time but lady officer was OK when she checked those passports. It sounds silly to have the expired passport translated.

Stillwaiting0710

Oct 7, 2014
shozee said:
Did they ask you to translate whole passport or only the stamps of that passport ? I had my expired passports with me and one of my expired passport and wife's passport were the one we used to enter Canada for the first time but lady officer was OK when she checked those passports. It sounds silly to have the expired passport translated.
I translated the whole passport.
Yes it sounds silly :(

abcabc2020

Jan 15, 2015
You can expect anything during the interview.. Based on some discussions I read, when you go to the test/interview , you need to be prepared and take any docs the officer might ask including :
*Translations of stamps of all passports(current and expired)
* Rental/ownership documents for places you lived in
* Employment documents (pay slips, verification letter...)
* School records
* CRA notices of assessment/T4
* Alberta Health SOBP
* cbsa entry report (just in case )

This way you can hand them directly to the officer if asked to save a lot of time.

informatics

Aug 3, 2009
Stillwaiting0710 said:
I only translated my current passport that i entered Canada with, it did not cross my mind that i need to translate the old cancelled passport.
Could you please elaborate a little more .The passport which the CO wanted you to get translated falls in the relevant "last 4 years period " ????

I have got my expired/cancelled passport translated but only that one/s which fall in the relevant "4 years period ". I do have another cancelled/expired passport which was cancelled around 2 years before entering Canada so I didn't get it translated .

I am unable to understand what is the purpose of getting those passports translated which do not fall in the relevant period .

Mielikki

Aug 19, 2014
Let me explain you the purpose of it:
here is situation
1) Your passport which you have you immigrant visa in + your first stamp when you landed have other visas(might be issued prior to the issue of immigrant visa)
2) Those visas are NOT in ROMAN language, neither dates on them.
3) Now, try to convince me as CO that those trips to these countries were made before the landing date!

Quick and simple: TRANSLATE ALL YOUR STAMPS (NON ROMAN NON NUMERIC) IN PASSPORTS that are anyhow bonded to your relevant citiz. timing. period.

UPD. the evrth above only relates to the passport that are cover anything whitin claimed period., officers not interested in your new or older ones

Stillwaiting0710

Oct 7, 2014
informatics said:
Could you please elaborate a little more .The passport which the CO wanted you to get translated falls in the relevant "last 4 years period " ????

I have got my expired/cancelled passport translated but only that one/s which fall in the relevant "4 years period ". I do have another cancelled/expired passport which was cancelled around 2 years before entering Canada so I didn't get it translated .

I am unable to understand what is the purpose of getting those passports translated which do not fall in the relevant period .
I had my old passport cancelled before it expires because my country issued new passports that time, and were asking people to renew their passports even if they have not reached their expiry date. So my old passport was cancelled in 2008, but had an expiry date till 2011. I have been using my current passport since 2008, but their question was even though your old passport was cancelled, its expiry date still falls in the 3 years period, so you need to translate it too..
so i guess it is a specific case, and they will not need to see ur old passports if they were expired and u never used it to immigrate to Canada..

informatics

Aug 3, 2009
Stillwaiting0710 said:
I had my old passport cancelled before it expires because my country issued new passports that time, and were asking people to renew their passports even if they have not reached their expiry date. So my old passport was cancelled in 2008, but had an expiry date till 2011. I have been using my current passport since 2008, but their question was even though your old passport was cancelled, its expiry date still falls in the 3 years period, so you need to translate it too..
so i guess it is a specific case, and they will not need to see ur old passports if they were expired and u never used it to immigrate to Canada..

Thanks for the clarification . That makes sense .

All the best with the rest of your processing