+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Normal Processing Times from Calgary office?

Calcan

Jan 1, 2014
shozee said:
Calcan

Thanks .
Do they ask the reason of every trip and comment on it or they do not bother about the whatever reason you are going out side Canada?

Regards
No they didn't ask the reason for small trips only for the long trips(couple of month)

Calcan

Jan 1, 2014
dbo73 said:
I have some stamps from Dubai which mention the dates and "entry", "exit" besides other stuff I can't read. I presume that should be enough for verification purposes and does not require further translations (e.g. of the other writing in the stamps)?

Some stamps are barely readable (Canada/USA), not much I can do about that I guess.
About Dubai stamps you are right, I had the translation for Dubai ones also but officer said as long as entry exit is mentioned no need for translation.

You are right, nothing can be done for not readable stamps.

jeune

Star Member
Oct 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Calcan said:
Hi All,
I did the test on 13th at Calgary. My experience is as below:

Passport check was very through by the official, every single date on residence calculator was check marked. I have some road trips to US which I have mention in calculator but no stamp in passport, she was fine with that.She asked about the job and my commute to work. My wife was also with me and we both called together.
My wife is not working right now so she asked WHY so we explained that we have small kid to take care.

Some fellow missed a whole trip (around 7 days) in calculator so he was given some forms.

PS: Please take a baby sitter with you if you are going with small kids.

About oath timeline they mentioned, it will be 1-3 months.

i applied on september 2013 , in process january2014,rq in april 2014 calgary office
i was in my country and i lost my passport and i came back to canada and i found rq in april 2014 they needed my passport but i have bad luck i lost it during my visit in my home country. i sent rq without passport translation stamps, i don't know what ll happen in the future
i'm waiting for the test but i don't know how long should i wait ?

mimi23

Star Member
Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Have you sent The copy of ur lost passport too? I think u should sent it too as i think that was The reason for RQ
chau01 said:
Hi

I had test yesterday Jan 14th. Passed but got RQ. since i was missing one passport, which i found when i searched again last night. :(

Question: How to fill RQ Form

in the RQ form, it says "address(city/country)" for questions 7 and 9
does this mean I only need to enter the city and country, not the street number and apartment numbers?

please advsie.

Thanks

chau01

Star Member
May 29, 2006
mimi23 said:
Have you sent The copy of ur lost passport too? I think u should sent it too as i think that was The reason for RQ
I found the passport and will send color copies of all pages. I believe i dont need to send orginal passport even it is expired one ?

mimi23

Star Member
Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chau01 said:
I found the passport and will send color copies of all pages. I believe i dont need to send orginal passport even it is expired one ?
yes just send , its All they need

informatics

Aug 3, 2009
Hi ,

I was just wondering does anyone have got the idea which month/year files CCalgary office is processing right now ?

Besides , which date do they take as point of reference i.e. in process date or local office transfer date ?

Any inputs ?

Thanks

a.R.

Star Member
Apr 9, 2014
Just got back from vacation. Interestingly no updates on CIC online, even though my test date is this Friday. Any advice for test?

informatics

Aug 3, 2009
a.R. said:
Just got back from vacation. Interestingly no updates on CIC online, even though my test date is this Friday. Any advice for test? Also, need to translate Turkish stamp on my passport. Does anyone know where i can get that from?
I am not sure about turkish but I know that Immigrant Services Calgary offers translation services for many languages .They are not ATIA certified however their translations are accepted by CIC .They would charge much less as compared to any other translator . I am also going to contact them soon for my arabic stamps.

Good luck

wsm_al

Star Member
Sep 16, 2012
Hi folks,
I had my test on January 5,3015 . Everything went well! There was a quick interview then we had the test. I passed the test and we were told that oath will be in 1-3 months.
Waiting for the oath letter now :
Good luck everyone!!
a.R, can you please update the spreadsheet ?

last.fortune.last

Apr 15, 2014
Finally, I got my oath invitation, that will happen next month.

Question: Could I leave Canada for a week now? I know the oath will happen next month, and I could come back.

Or that coudl be problem?

Thanks

abcabc2020

Jan 15, 2015
last.fortune.last said:

Question: Could I leave Canada for a week now? I know the oath will happen next month, and I could come back.

Thanks
Congratulations! Do you mind to share the exact date of your oath ?

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
last.fortune.last said:

Thanks
Enjoy your travels....your concern until oath date is to avoid being inadmissible...don't breach the RO and don't break the law.