+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Normal Processing Times from Calgary office?

chau01

Star Member
May 29, 2006
Hi

I had test yesterday Jan 14th. Passed but got RQ. since i was missing one passport, which i found when i searched again last night. :(

Question: How to fill RQ Form

in the RQ form, it says "address(city/country)" for questions 7 and 9
does this mean I only need to enter the city and country, not the street number and apartment numbers?

please advsie.

Thanks

last.fortune.last

Apr 15, 2014
Funke said:
Took my test November 19th 2014 and got oath letter in December 2014. Citizenship ceremony scheduled for 5th February 2015
Hello Funke..My test was on the 20 November. I have passed and I called CIC. They mentioned that everything is OK with my file, so I am waiting for my oath invitation.

Do you think it is safe for us to travel outside of Canada for a week without letting CIC know? I can ask someone to check our mail every 2 to 3 days and if that person tells us that I have to attend the ceremony during our trip, I can just fly back right away.

Do you think this plan would work out?

Thank you so much

Funke

Oct 1, 2008
last.fortune.last said:
Hello Funke..My test was on the 20 November. I have passed and I called CIC. They mentioned that everything is OK with my file, so I am waiting for my oath invitation.

Do you think it is safe for us to travel outside of Canada for a week without letting CIC know? I can ask someone to check our mail every 2 to 3 days and if that person tells us that I have to attend the ceremony during our trip, I can just fly back right away.

Do you think this plan would work out?

Thank you so much

As long as you have someone checking your mails, I think you are good to go

dbo73

Star Member
Apr 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Calgary
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am really curious to see when S_J, RussCan, BOXSIR, etc. get their test invitation as they would be next in line according to the "Calgary Office Timeline" spreadsheet... ::)

RussCan

Star Member
Aug 16, 2013
dbo73 said:
I am really curious to see when S_J, RussCan, BOXSIR, etc. get their test invitation as they would be next in line according to the "Calgary Office Timeline" spreadsheet... ::)
I am also curious. But more than that, I am frustrated with such a long wait. Will let you guys know right away when I hear from them.

abcabc2020

Jan 15, 2015
Hi,
I see some people talk about something called lite RQ or CIT 520 which they get during the interview or after the test. How long does it take CIC to process this one after they receive it? and most importantly what is the best tips to avoid getting this for future applicants?
Thanks,

Calcan

Jan 1, 2014
Hi All,
I did the test on 13th at Calgary. My experience is as below:

Passport check was very through by the official, every single date on residence calculator was check marked. I have some road trips to US which I have mention in calculator but no stamp in passport, she was fine with that.She asked about the job and my commute to work. My wife was also with me and we both called together.
My wife is not working right now so she asked WHY so we explained that we have small kid to take care.

Some fellow missed a whole trip (around 7 days) in calculator so he was given some forms.

PS: Please take a baby sitter with you if you are going with small kids.

About oath timeline they mentioned, it will be 1-3 months.

APR2013APP

Feb 5, 2014
I took my oath of citizenship today and the journey is finally over:
Applied APR 29, 2013
In process July 9, 2013
Transferred Dec 18, 2013
Test Sep 8, 2014
Oath Jan 15, 2015

80 people were present at the ceremony, they asked us to sign the consent for media and photo to be taken at the ceremony and then asked us to show our invitation and hand over our PR cards (which were not returned to us). Although the invitation asks you to bring 2 pieces of ID and passports (valid and expired) but in my case they never asked for them. The rest was straight forward, the judge walked in and gave a speech about citizenship and then we were asked to take our oath of citizenship, we were then called by name to get out citizenship certificates. The ceremony ended by singing "O Canada" and we were told that the judge was available for taking pictures before we leave. Total time since arrival to the time I left the parking lot was 2 hours. I hope this is enough information for others who will be taking their oath in the future.

abidcro

Aug 14, 2009
nice to hear that 80 people took oath , I think things are getting faster in Calgary as well, we should be positive

shozee

Apr 24, 2014
All test takers

Do we need to take residence calculator sheet, paid fees receipt and other photocopies (which we submitted at the time of applying citizenship) with us at the time of test?

Please advise

Calcan

Jan 1, 2014
No need at all, but please double check your passport stamps with your residency calculator.

If there is any foreign language stamp on passport, get it translated.

Texan01

Mar 10, 2010
Calcan said:
Hi All,
I did the test on 13th at Calgary. My experience is as below:

Passport check was very through by the official, every single date on residence calculator was check marked. I have some road trips to US which I have mention in calculator but no stamp in passport, she was fine with that.She asked about the job and my commute to work. My wife was also with me and we both called together.
My wife is not working right now so she asked WHY so we explained that we have small kid to take care.

Some fellow missed a whole trip (around 7 days) in calculator so he was given some forms.

PS: Please take a baby sitter with you if you are going with small kids.

About oath timeline they mentioned, it will be 1-3 months.
Hi calcan

How was the test?

Any tips on preparing for the citizenship test. I have my test on Jan 20.
Thanks

shozee

Apr 24, 2014
Calcan

Thanks .
Do they ask the reason of every trip and comment on it or they do not bother about the whatever reason you are going out side Canada?

Regards

dbo73

Star Member
Apr 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Calgary
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Calcan said:
No need at all, but please double check your passport stamps with your residency calculator.

If there is any foreign language stamp on passport, get it translated.
I have some stamps from Dubai which mention the dates and "entry", "exit" besides other stuff I can't read. I presume that should be enough for verification purposes and does not require further translations (e.g. of the other writing in the stamps)?

Some stamps are barely readable (Canada/USA), not much I can do about that I guess.

bambino

Star Member
May 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If it is just for the interview after the test, I would not worry about it.

If it is in response to an RQ/RQ lite, then I am not so sure. I actually talked to a citizenship officer lasts month about that and he basically said that if it is clear from the stamps when and where you entered or exited, he personally wouldn't have an issue with there not being a translation. For Pete's sake, my 11-yr old niece can tell you what the stamps in my passport (from China and Japan) meant, and she doesn't speak or read a word of those languages, and hardly any English. Not providing a translation may be taking a chance though. I personally took that chance when sending documents in response to CIT 0520 back in September, writing in my covering letter:

The foreign language stamps and visas in my passport contain an English translation within themselves, or are otherwise self-explanatory. No translation is provided or forthcoming.