+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

None EE PNP and closed work permit

Ehsanmajd

Jun 16, 2022
Hi everyone,

I received my nomination from Ontario Foreign Workers - Job Offer Stream with a work permit support letter which let me extend my work permit for two years while I'm waiting for my PR application to be processed. I currently have an Open Work Permit till 31 July 2023, and my wife is in her last year of study. I can apply for my open work permit extension with my wife's PGWP in July next year for another 3 years of Open Work Permit. My question is there any reason to change my open work permit to a close work permit or I can still use my open work permit? I have my own company and some side hustles which will be terminated if I apply for close work permit

thanks for your help in advance

Last edited:

RCIC#708111

Aug 26, 2022
Hi everyone,

I received my nomination from Ontario Foreign Workers - Job Offer Stream with a work permit support letter which let me extend my work permit for two years while I'm waiting for my PR application to be processed. I currently have an Open Work Permit till 31 July 2022, and my wife is in her last year of study. I can apply for my open work permit extension with my wife's PGWP in July next year for another 3 years of Open Work Permit. My question is there any reason to change my open work permit to a close work permit or I can still use my open work permit? I have my own company and some side hustles which will be terminated if I apply for close work permit

thanks for your help in advance
Pls clarify the question. July 2022 is already passed. Why would you apply closed WP. You can get pnp supported WP or SOWP

Ehsanmajd

Jun 16, 2022
Pls clarify the question. July 2022 is already passed. Why would you apply closed WP. You can get pnp supported WP or SOWP
sorry till 31 July 2023, as my nomination is based on job offer they send me a close work permit for my employer till my PR application processed, I have the option to extend my current open work permit when my wife applies for pgwp in may 2023, I want to know if this is not gonna have a bad impact on my PR application, and if it ok to just work on my open work permit and not switch to the closed work permit that I got with my nomination