+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Non status immigrant

zizou10

Nov 29, 2009
Re: Illegal Foreign National

ImmEnforce said:
Leave. Before they find him.
I am sorry to say but Canada stands for a lot more than to fine people $50,000 for loving this country and wanting to have a life and raise a family here if Canada had played by these rule it would not be where it is today!! Leader of the free world, human compassion, and giving people better opportunities and chances to live. If it was how you said folks of other nationalities would not be wearing Canadian flags and their backpacks. Imm your country has a lot to offer in terms of humanitarian grounds and why not help someone who is willing to give back and contribute! On the other hand I appreciate the heads up mon ami!! :)

rlaconte

Dec 2, 2009
You might try submitting an application for residency in the Humanitarian and Compassionate category. You can get the forms from the CIC website.
In the application you can (must) describe your case, admit your guilt, and supply evidence as to why you should be admitted anyway. When you submit the application to Vegreville and get a file number you can also file an application for temporary residency, givng as a reason the fact that you have an application in process, and supply the file number. The "normal" processing time for a Humanitarian/Compassionate application is 18-24 months. So you can request a temporary resident visa valid for two years. This will give you status for the next couple of years, albeit with travel restrictions.

If you go this route you will definitely need a GOOD immigration lawyer to help you prepare your application and plead your case. It will cost you, but I don't think you have the knowledge or proficiencey in English to try to prepare such an applicaton on your own.

Even with legal help, it will be a tough sell, but you may be able to pull it off. In the meantime you will have legal status.

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can try to apply under H&C, but I doubt they will see any humanitarian grounds for someone who just couldn't pay their fee and then get back to them years later...

ImmEnforce

Star Member
Oct 15, 2009
Generally speaking Temporary Resident Status can be extended pending an application for H & C. But, TRS will not be granted for a pending application. If you are lucky enough to pass stage one, you may be issued a Work Permit without TRS.

Section 25 will not and can not exempt fee's - Recent Case law

zizou10

Nov 29, 2009
Thank you so much folks for the feed back in regards to my issue, I know a lot of peeps here get the worng impression when faced by the truth and I also know that some of you guys are telling it as it is. I have inquired about the application stated above (Humanitarian and Compassionate category) and was told that it takes up to 4 years and it is tough to sell to them, I also inquired about leaving and reapplying outside the country and was told that it will be just as difficult since I showed intent of staying/living. The lawyer I have put the query with jokingly said since I have and extensive background in modeling and fitness I can easily be married to someone, I agree because I live situations that could be refered to that on a daily basis but on the other hand I have very strong standards and values that I live by and will not do such things for the wrong reasons. It is not fun being in LIMBO land lol

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Your lawyer is hilarious. Might be your only option right now, heh! :)

Sorry, wish we had some great advice for you, but you are in a tough situation and it will be very hard to convince the Canadian authorities that after all these years you will suddenly start following all the rules. Does anyone have anything else?

angelbrat

Oct 31, 2009
So you can afford a lawyer...you can afford school fees...you can afford to live in Canada illegally without working for 5 years and yet you cannot afford to pay to renew your visa?????

Come on...you are making a complete mockery of this forum.....and doing others an injustice. It's because of people like yourself...that genuine people who want PR status in Canada are forced to wait and go through huge upheaval to live here legally.

Go home.....people like you just cause more problems for those of us that do it right.

Personally...i feel that a life time ban from ever entering Canada again is probably a light sentence....

zizou10

Nov 29, 2009
angelbrat said:
So you can afford a lawyer...you can afford school fees...you can afford to live in Canada illegally without working for 5 years and yet you cannot afford to pay to renew your visa?????

Come on...you are making a complete mockery of this forum.....and doing others an injustice. It's because of people like yourself...that genuine people who want PR status in Canada are forced to wait and go through huge upheaval to live here legally.

Go home.....people like you just cause more problems for those of us that do it right.

Personally...i feel that a life time ban from ever entering Canada again is probably a light sentence....
I appreciate the thoughts and feed back :) thank you