+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Non status immigrant

zizou10

Nov 29, 2009
Hello peeps,

First I'd like to introduce my self as ZIZOU 10 a non-status immigrant who came here on a student visa and run out of status in 2004. Despite the fact of being here illegally I opted to stay and go to college and earn 2 different degrees (Fin Mngmnt/ Biz Admin), I often think of going back to my country of originin but lack the courage to board that plane. Some people might ask me why? I d tell you that I got so attached to this place and would like to continue being here. I know that I have made a mistake but would love to know if there are any solutions to it. Just to let you know In the past 9 years of my stay I have never committed a crime or been charged with anything.

Thank you, Merci, Molto grazie, شكرًا, धन्यवाद, 谢谢, Danke.

Kind regards,

ZIZOU 10 :)

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
zizou10 said:
Hello peeps,

First I'd like to introduce my self as ZIZOU 10 a non-status immigrant who came here on a student visa and run out of status in 2004. Despite the fact of being here illegally I opted to stay and go to college and earn 2 different degrees (Fin Mngmnt/ Biz Admin), I often think of going back to my country of originin but lack the courage to board that plane. Some people might ask me why? I d tell you that I got so attached to this place and would like to continue being here. I know that I have made a mistake but would love to know if there are any solutions to it. Just to let you know In the past 9 years of my stay I have never committed a crime or been charged with anything.

Thank you, Merci, Molto grazie, شكرًا, धन्यवाद, 谢谢, Danke.

Kind regards,

ZIZOU 10 :)
Can something be done to make your stay legal? Out of status for five years, how did you do it?

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
From what I understand you have to correct your unlawful status problem before you can do anything else.

zizou10

Nov 29, 2009
Yes!! How do i correct my situation and have a legal status without leaving the country. I appreciate the feedback ladies and gents :)

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/study-extend.asp

According to the official site, you have to apply within 90 days of losing your status. I think you will have a hard time, but I guess you can apply and see what they say.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
I don't think the restoration of status will work since he's been out of status for almost 5 years. Have you tried talking to an immigration lawyer about your case?

zizou10

Nov 29, 2009
ImmEnforce said:
zizou10 said:
I have never committed a crime
I would say this statement is incorrect.
I stayed Imm because my family didnt want me to return since he paid international students fees here and I could not afford the fee to renew my visa because i coult not even work at that time and i want far and beyond to every religious organization asking everyone I know to renew it. Fact of the matfer is I did not renew it and it expired and no excuse will resolve the issue, I am really puzzled that you connsider my stay a crime but anyhow what is done is done and just seeking out a remedy. I have been very positive and I firmly beieve good things will happen ;)

ImmEnforce

Star Member
Oct 15, 2009
zizou10 said:
I am really puzzled that you connsider my stay a crime but anyhow what is done is done and just seeking out a remedy.
No need for justification and I applaud you for making inquires about regulating your status. I am just attempting to correct your statement.

Sometimes the only way to stay....is to leave.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
ImmEnforce said:
zizou10 said:
I am really puzzled that you connsider my stay a crime but anyhow what is done is done and just seeking out a remedy.
No need for justification and I applaud you for making inquires about regulating your status. I am just attempting to correct your statement.

Hi,

This question is for immenforce and others who may know the answer :)

If someone leaves Canada voluntarily, no orders to leave, no departure/deportation orders, does this someone still need to apply for an Authorization to Return to Canada?

ImmEnforce

Star Member
Oct 15, 2009
No return without prescribed authorization

52. (1) If a removal order has been enforced, the foreign national shall not return to Canada, unless authorized by an officer or in other prescribed circumstances.
If there is no removal order, then no. They must meet the normal requirements of entry from their home country.

zizou10

Nov 29, 2009
ImmEnforce said:
zizou10 said:

Thx so what is the punishment for my crime Imm?

ImmEnforce

Star Member
Oct 15, 2009
Regulatory
A 1 year exclusion order could be issued

Criminal
(a) on conviction on indictment, to a fine of not more than $50,000 or to imprisonment for a term of not more than two years, or to both; or
(b) on summary conviction, to a fine of not more than $10,000 or to imprisonment for a term of not more than six months, or to both.

Then due to a criminal conviction - Regulatory - Deportation for 36(2)(a) (for life)