+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Non-SDS processing times 2023

humac

Oct 10, 2023
Oh ok
But you see every person case defers.
One of my friend applied for the visa it came in just 22 days whereby her sister took almost 3 month.
They also both applied under non sds category.
Of course, everyone is different so many factors can drive your situation. Hard to compare to others for sure. But at least I'm hearing of PPR's going out so there is hope.. I'm just saying you can see my timeline in my signature and based on our current situation and what our schools deadline for deferral is we will make a decision by mid December if we don't get approval by then

Bhumi in Canada

Star Member
Oct 25, 2023
Of course, everyone is different so many factors can drive your situation. Hard to compare to others for sure. But at least I'm hearing of PPR's going out so there is hope.. I'm just saying you can see my timeline in my signature and based on our current situation and what our schools deadline for deferral is we will make a decision by mid December if we don't get approval by then
Yeah
The only difference is that my eligibility and background check has started already and in your signature I checked it didn't.
So once your eligibility starts we can hope it will come very soon.

humac

Oct 10, 2023
Yeah
The only difference is that my eligibility and background check has started already and in your signature I checked it didn't.
So once your eligibility starts we can hope it will come very soon.
Ya, my signature is based on IRCC New Portal Status. Here is a screenshot of my Application Tracker Status though:

kneedocyte

Nov 7, 2023
Hello everyone! Just wanted to share my timeline after obsessing over everyone else's here:

Non-SDS from Philippines

Submitted: September 10, 2023
Biometrics taken and updated on IRCC: October 6
Medical performed (no request letter given): October 10
Medical sent to IRCC as confirmed by the clinic: October 12
Sent a webform for completed medical with document given from the clinic: October 20
Medical updated on IRCC: October 24
Sent another webform of an additional document the IM5257b even though I didn't need it but felt like I should lol: October 25
Sent one last webform of additional documents for stronger ties to home country (I am on a government-sponsored, fully-funded scholarship so I sent the contract I signed with them to IRCC plus notarized co-maker forms and my dad's tax returns. The only financial document I sent in the first submission was just the notice of award as the contract wasn't sent to me at the time): November 6
PPR and BVL: November 7
TOTAL NO. OF DAYS FROM SUBMISSION: 58 DAYS

*my eligibility check never really updated, until now, where it only just changed into we are currently reviewing; background check has been in progress since the beginning

Not really sure how the webforms I sent affected my timeline or if I ever needed the additional documents in the first place, so there. It was still longer than I expected though, given how simple my case was since the scholarship requires me to immediately return to my home country after studying. Or maybe it would've been shorter still had I gotten the biometrics and medical earlier or upfront but I was sick at the time so everything began in October, really. The scholarship was a joint program between the Philippine government and the University of Alberta so I mistakenly thought it would be processed quicker, but it was still under processing times given I didn't go SDS so all good.

Last edited:
Reactions: kamali

Bhumi in Canada

Star Member
Oct 25, 2023
Hello everyone! Just wanted to share my timeline after obsessing over everyone else's here:

Non-SDS from Philippines

Sent a webform for completed medical with document given from the clinic: October 20
Sent another webform of an additional document the IM5257b even though I didn't need it but felt like I should lol: October 25
Sent one last webform of additional documents for stronger ties to home country (I am on a government-sponsored, fully-funded scholarship so I sent the contract I signed with them to IRCC plus notarized co-maker forms and my dad's tax returns. The only financial document I sent in the first submission was just the notice of award as the contract wasn't sent to me at the time): November 6

*my eligibility check never really updated, until now, where it only just changed into we are currently reviewing; background check has been in progress since the beginning

Not really sure how the webforms I sent affected my timeline or if I ever needed the additional documents in the first place, so there. It was still longer than I expected though, given how simple my case was. Or maybe it would've been shorter still had I gotten the biometrics and medical earlier or upfront but I was sick at the time so everything began in October, really. The scholarship was a joint program between the Philippine government and the University of Alberta so I mistakenly thought it would be processed quicker, but it was still under processing times given I didn't go SDS so all good.
Oh
My application was submitted on 19 September
Medical and biometric updated on 29 September and eligibility and background started on the same day.

Bhumi in Canada

Star Member
Oct 25, 2023
When did your background

Non-SDS from Philippines

Not really sure how the webforms I sent affected my timeline or if I ever needed the additional documents in the first place, so there. It was still longer than I expected though, given how simple my case was since the scholarship requires me to immediately return to my home country after studying. Or maybe it would've been shorter still had I gotten the biometrics and medical earlier or upfront but I was sick at the time so everything began in October, really. The scholarship was a joint program between the Philippine government and the University of Alberta so I mistakenly thought it would be processed quicker, but it was still under processing times given I didn't go SDS so all good.

Non-SDS from Philippines

When did your eligibility and background check started??

kneedocyte

Nov 7, 2023
When did your background

When did your eligibility and background check started??
My eligibility never started or showed as in progress and my background check has been in progress since the time I submitted my application. Right now, GCKey shows that both are still in progress.

Preciousuch

Jul 17, 2023
Hey guys,

NON SDS application from Nigeria for Jan 2023

My Timeline:
  • Upfront Medical
  • Application: 12th October
  • Biometrics Completed: In Progress
  • Background Verification: In Progress
  • Medical Exam: Not Started
  • Eligibility: Not Started
Will keep updating...
Any update

Preciousuch

Jul 17, 2023
Just got a ghost update today. Ordered GCMS note earlier and noticed my application is in info sharing. Info sharing due date is Nov 11. Still waiting...
Just check what info sharing means. Wow you’re almost there for your final decision I hope it positive tho. Please what ghost update did you get

humac

Oct 10, 2023
Got an update on the Application Status Tracker site today that Eligibility is now In progress. So here is our updated timeline

Our Timeline - Days since submission: 53 - Weeks since submission: 7.6

Submission Method: New IRCC Portal
Non-SDS Study Permit Application
Outside Canada: Russia
Program Start Date: January 8th, 2024

Date of Upfront Medical:
August 30th, 2023
Date of Application Submission: September 19, 2023
Date of Biometrics Collection Letter: September 19, 2023
Date of Biometrics enrolment: September 21, 2023

IRCC Status:
Review of eligibility:
November 10th, 2023 - In progress.
Review of medical results: October 18, 2023 Passed
Review of additional documents: We do not need additional documents.
Interview: You do not need an interview.
Biometrics: October 2, 2023 Completed.
Background check: We are processing your background check.
Final decision: Your application is in progress.

Latest update:
November 10th, 2023 - Eligibility - In Progress

Webstar

Sep 20, 2023
Posting for a friend of mine:

Non-SDS - [Srilankan Citizen- working in Lusaka-Zambia] -

• Upfront Medical
  • Application: 20 September
  • Biometrics Completed: Completed
  • Background Verification: In Progress [as always - system glitch] IRCC does not care to fix this
  • Medical Exam: Not yet updated
  • Eligibility: Not Started
V.O - Either Dar es-Salaam or [Pretoria -worst VO]
Hey, any update?

Bhumi in Canada

Star Member
Oct 25, 2023
I had submitted a web form and they replied that my file is with the officer for review and that we should check for any updates on the portal