+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Non-SDS processing times 2023

mrtravelok

Star Member
Jan 14, 2021
Hi I’ve applied for Student Visa Non SDS + SOWP
I’m worried on the processing time for my application.
Application launched 1st June
Biometrics letter on same day
Biometrics updated on GCKEY June 8 completed
Upfront medical was done and updated to completed on July 6th.

It says in progress reviewing eligibility and background check.
No idea how long it will take for the decision now.
My classes are supposedly starting on 6th of September, 2023.
Do not worry. You have ample time.
You may raise a webform or contact IRCC to inform them about your situation.

ItsOkToBeSmart

Star Member
Jul 28, 2023
Did you receive medical request too??
If yes, then when did you take the exam and when was the result updated in the application?
I had taken Upfront medical exam. My medical exam result was updated a few minutes before I received my passport request. I've seen most of applications in India get their medical updated only a day or two before they get their final decision.

ItsOkToBeSmart

Star Member
Jul 28, 2023
Hi I’ve applied for Student Visa Non SDS + SOWP
I’m worried on the processing time for my application.
Application launched 1st June
Biometrics letter on same day
Biometrics updated on GCKEY June 8 completed
Upfront medical was done and updated to completed on July 6th.

It says in progress reviewing eligibility and background check.
No idea how long it will take for the decision now.
My classes are supposedly starting on 6th of September, 2023.
No worries you application has passed the basic tests and is now under review. You should be receiving your final decision in a few days if the VO fast tracks your application.

yatinbatra

Sep 3, 2019
I had taken Upfront medical exam. My medical exam result was updated a few minutes before I received my passport request. I've seen most of applications in India get their medical updated only a day or two before they get their final decision.
I got medical request on 4th July (non SDS applied on 23 june)
Did medical exam on 8 July
Updated on the portal - 14 July

But no update after that

I've heard if you get a medical request in non SDS then that's positive

ItsOkToBeSmart

Star Member
Jul 28, 2023
I got medical request on 4th July (non SDS applied on 23 june)
Did medical exam on 8 July
Updated on the portal - 14 July

But no update after that

I've heard if you get a medical request in non SDS then that's positive
Yes thats usually a positive sign. You have to wait a few more days as they'll be accessing your background and then eligibility.

abahsa7

Star Member
Jul 26, 2023
Yes thats usually a positive sign. You have to wait a few more days as they'll be accessing your background and then eligibility.
is that true when you're in progress for 'review of eligibility' that means an officer is on your case and it should be soon after? because I saw someone i think it may have been you hahahaha saying background check in progress after approval can happen its mainly about the "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements."

second question, because this was updated recently, on the tracker initially my destination for the application said 'undefined' , although it changed to Montreal a few days back meaning someone is going through my app?

yatinbatra

Sep 3, 2019
is that true when you're in progress for 'review of eligibility' that means an officer is on your case and it should be soon after? because I saw someone i think it may have been you hahahaha saying background check in progress after approval can happen its mainly about the "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements."

second question, because this was updated recently, on the tracker initially my destination for the application said 'undefined' , although it changed to Montreal a few days back meaning someone is going through my app?
M I the only one who read this message twice and still didn't understand... Or are there others too???

abahsa7

Star Member
Jul 26, 2023
M I the only one who read this message twice and still didn't understand... Or are there others too???
my bad let me rephrase:

when you submit, and track your application it either says:
  • Your application is in progress, we will send you a message when we start reviewing your application. OR
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements. (in tracker: eligibility in progress -or not started)
my question is, is it true when the application says the second bullet point, it means a visa officer is working on your application? because the default is the first bullet point, and that's what it says for all applications initially.

My second question was for those using the tracker:

When I first used the tracker, my destination said: destination - undefined, although it recently changed to destination-Montreal. meaning someone has updated that manually I'm guessing, and I'm hoping it is a visa officer working on my application.

rosendotiago

Jul 25, 2023
I did my application in Jun14 - My timeline:

Review of eligibility
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.
Review of medical results
  • You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Review of additional documents
  • We do not need additional documents.
Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics
  • June 15, 2023 Completed.
Background check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Should I send a WebForm asking about my application since I dont have any update after jun 15? or I have to just wait?

Last edited:

mrtravelok

Star Member
Jan 14, 2021
Oh, no! :( @Izaz! I am so sorry to hear that! This is an unpleasant experience, for sure! However, please, take it from a person who has been through refusal herself, don't give up! I hope you have ordered your GCMS Notes already by now and I hope you are going to get them within 60 days. They are vital, absolutely crucial, for you to understand the real reason behind the refusal. Once you get the reason, start building your second application from the ground up, addressing all concerns in the GCMS Notes. If you need any help whatsoever, please, don't hesitate to PM me or ask question here! Good luck to you! :)
May I know how did you apply for GCMS Notes? Any consultancy? Any known person living in Canada? or any Website? I am afraid to give undertaking to a consultancy to apply for my GCMS Notes because of my past experience with fake agents.

RonyJohny

Apr 1, 2023
Toronto, Canada
LANDED..........
07-11-2019
May I know how did you apply for GCMS Notes? Any consultancy? Any known person living in Canada? or any Website? I am afraid to give undertaking to a consultancy to apply for my GCMS Notes because of my past experience with fake agents.
I applied trhough gcmsapply.com and received in 21 days from CBSA. Paid around $6. There are other websites too who are genuine, like gcmsnotes.com, getgcms.com gcmscaips.com, but do not have any personal experience, but I have good reviews for them too.

mrtravelok

Star Member
Jan 14, 2021
I applied trhough gcmsapply.com and received in 21 days from CBSA. Paid around $6. There are other websites too who are genuine, like gcmsnotes.com, getgcms.com gcmscaips.com, but do not have any personal experience, but I have good reviews for them too.
Why does the official website say that the fee required to order GCMS Notes is $19 and you had paid only $6?

ItsOkToBeSmart

Star Member
Jul 28, 2023
my bad let me rephrase:

when you submit, and track your application it either says:
  • Your application is in progress, we will send you a message when we start reviewing your application. OR
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements. (in tracker: eligibility in progress -or not started)
my question is, is it true when the application says the second bullet point, it means a visa officer is working on your application? because the default is the first bullet point, and that's what it says for all applications initially.

My second question was for those using the tracker:

When I first used the tracker, my destination said: destination - undefined, although it recently changed to destination-Montreal. meaning someone has updated that manually I'm guessing, and I'm hoping it is a visa officer working on my application.
My tracker was pretty much useless and it showed my medical and eligibility were not started and all of a sudden I got the visa without these things being updated.