+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Non-SDS processing times 2023

Latifa Annie

Feb 21, 2023
I'm not sure which country my VO is, but I applied from Russia, and if the applicant's from Russia then their visa are usually pasted in Embassy of Canada in Poland. So, maybe my VO country is Poland
Oh okay. Good luck and wishing you all the best

Reactions: Lolan

jojo213

May 18, 2023
Thank you, yeah I have heard that as well, so I'm really happy with my application. Also today I logged in to Application Status Tracker and saw that my eligibility had been completed, so I guess the only obstacle here is the medical exam, which I have no doubt I will pass because I have no diseases. Anyway, I hope you are going to get updates as well soon.
Hey Lolan, I'm pretty much in the same situation as you. Applied on April 15, and then eligibility review started and medical request was made on May 14. On the application status tracker for me it also says eligibility completed. I just wanna ask, does it say background verification is in progress for you on the application status tracker (as well as medical check)? And also does GCKey say that eligibility review is in progress? Because for me on the GCKey it says that they are reviewing eligibility even though application status tracker says its completed.

Lolan

Dec 1, 2022
Hey Lolan, I'm pretty much in the same situation as you. Applied on April 15, and then eligibility review started and medical request was made on May 14. On the application status tracker for me it also says eligibility completed. I just wanna ask, does it say background verification is in progress for you on the application status tracker (as well as medical check)? And also does GCKey say that eligibility review is in progress? Because for me on the GCKey it says that they are reviewing eligibility even though application status tracker says its completed.
Hello, yeah, it's the same for me, review of eligibility in progress in gckey and completed in Application Status Tracker, and background verification is in progress in both gckey and Application Status Tracker. I'm not worried about background verification because as far as I know until you have review of eligibility in progress or completed, background verification is done. Maybe I misunderstand this, but at least what I can say is that people who get medical request have no problem getting their approval, until they have some diseases.

Reactions: parrots and jojo213

jojo213

May 18, 2023
Hello, yeah, it's the same for me, review of eligibility in progress in gckey and completed in Application Status Tracker, and background verification is in progress in both gckey and Application Status Tracker. I'm not worried about background verification because as far as I know until you have review of eligibility in progress or completed, background verification is done. Maybe I misunderstand this, but at least what I can say is that people who get medical request have no problem getting their approval, until they have some diseases.
Ok that reassured me a bit. Good luck on your application.

kungFUpanda

Feb 24, 2023
Hey guys! Just wanted to check in on you and ask how it's going with your applications? Are we all still waiting? I can't believe none of us has moved forward with their decisions yet :( It's been 13 weeks as of today for our SP + OWP application and if I am not mistaken only @kungFUpanda you are still waiting longer than that, right? Will 2023 really see those 18-20 timelines again, I wonder :( And I know many of us are still waiting since 2022..

If you are still there, let's catch up, how are you guys? Any thoughts and feelings on the current situation? Have you tried reaching out to the IRCC somehow?
@hs202 @Zafran Khan @trkm93 @Shittu1268 @kungFUpanda @Izaz @Lolan @Olubaju @Latifa Annie
Yeah 17 week for today. Waiting for this long is hard honestly. I've sent them two web forms so far but nothing positive came out of that. have any of you checked the status tracker? mine says background verification is in progress.

• Sad
Reactions: Izaz and parrots

bigfoot

Star Member
Nov 29, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/11/2016
Doc's Request.
09/02/2017 AOM and RPRF
AOR Received.
30/11/2016
File Transfer...
30/11/2016
Med's Request
upfront-passed
Med's Done....
07/05/2016
Passport Req..
13/03/2017
VISA ISSUED...
09/03/207
My sister in law had her medicals stated as completed on April 29th on the tracker and both background and eligibility are both in progress since than. So far no ppr . She applied from the philippines

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
So sorry to hear that @kungFUpanda :( As of now, I do not know anyone else on this forum who has been waiting more than you in 2023, sorry about this observation. And I feel like my husband and I are definitely going to join you in one of those insane timelines. However, I'd like to cheer you up by saying that even in 2022 the average timeline was 20 weeks, so you are bound to get your decision very soon! I hope it'll happen in a week for you! :)

What about your Eligibility and Medical in the Tracker?

Yeah 17 week for today. Waiting for this long is hard honestly. I've sent them two web forms so far but nothing positive came out of that. have any of you checked the status tracker? mine says background verification is in progress.

bigfoot

Star Member
Nov 29, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/11/2016
Doc's Request.
09/02/2017 AOM and RPRF
AOR Received.
30/11/2016
File Transfer...
30/11/2016
Med's Request
upfront-passed
Med's Done....
07/05/2016
Passport Req..
13/03/2017
VISA ISSUED...
09/03/207
Hey @bigfoot! When did your sister in law applied?
She applied March 29th. Then medical request april 14, then medicals completed April 29th, she would've have done her medicals sooner but soon after she applied she got chickenpox and had it for almost a month :( so I think that pushed her processing by a few weeks too

kungFUpanda

Feb 24, 2023
So sorry to hear that @kungFUpanda :( As of now, I do not know anyone else on this forum who has been waiting more than you in 2023, sorry about this observation. And I feel like my husband and I are definitely going to join you in one of those insane timelines. However, I'd like to cheer you up by saying that even in 2022 the average timeline was 20 weeks, so you are bound to get your decision very soon! I hope it'll happen in a week for you! :)

What about your Eligibility and Medical in the Tracker?
Oh well, there's nothing much I can do about it. And thanks, I hope I'll get something within next couple of weeks.
I really hope you guys don't have to wait this long, It's just insane.

Biometrics -Completed
Eligibility -Not Started
Medical Exam -Not Started (I don't think we require a medical examination since we are living in GCC)
Background Verification -In Progress

What about yours?
and may I know from where you applying from?

Last edited:
Reactions: parrots

MPH.UOFA

Star Member
May 6, 2023
Hello everybody, just wanted to post my timeline as a NON-SDS applicant from Qatar, Visa office is Abu Dhabi for study permit.

Application submission confirmation: April 19th, 2023
Biometric Completed: April 24th, 2023
Medical Request from IRCC: May 8th, 2023

my medical results are all clear and have been submitted to IRCC on May 18th, now waiting for it to reflect in the system. Still not showing up in Gckey or Tracker :/

Tracker shows biometric & eligibility completed, medical and background is in progress.

Izaz

May 4, 2023
@parrots We Are One of the unlucky people On the Earth That We Still Didn't Get A Decision.
in My Opinion Canada immigration Have really Poor quality System They bcz They Couldn't Give You Result In Given Time I think It's Really Poor System......

theonlyone1

Aug 4, 2022
Egypt
Category........
FSW
I just did my biometrics yesterday May 18th, 2023. But it wasn't reflected on the system yet, is that normal? Should I call in VFS to confirm that they've sent them through?

UPDATE: I just checked my portal now and they're "completed" in the portal! however the application tracker still says "In progress"

Last edited:

MPH.UOFA

Star Member
May 6, 2023
Anyone applied from Saudi Arabia?
@parrots We Are One of the unlucky people On the Earth That We Still Didn't Get A Decision.
in My Opinion Canada immigration Have really Poor quality System They bcz They Couldn't Give You Result In Given Time I think It's Really Poor System......
don't say that, if it's meant to happen, it WILL happen, it's just matter of time. and yes, it can be really exhausting waiting and checking every single day for an update !!!!