+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Non SDS financial stuff...

Karkee

Apr 8, 2024
I have a 2-year ug diploma in Computer Information Systems (CIS). Tution is a $48k for entire program, living costs $20635 x 2 and $5k for transportation to and from canada.
Total expenses amounts to $94k as per IRCC.

Out of which I have already paid $16k in tution to my university. (based on their budget plan sheet)

My parents (sponsers) will be funding me, with about $98k (excluding 16k) in their joint savings account (6 month statements too).

The question is, my agent tells me that I need to show an annual income and property valuation that supports this figure. Doesn't IRCC not value fixed, immovable assets that much? I hear people in India (and other countries) gettings visas just based on their bank balance/loan.

I am applying under non-SDS and I am from Nepal.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I have a 2-year ug diploma in Computer Information Systems (CIS). Tution is a $48k for entire program, living costs $20635 x 2 and $5k for transportation to and from canada.
Total expenses amounts to $94k as per IRCC.

Out of which I have already paid $16k in tution to my university. (based on their budget plan sheet)

My parents (sponsers) will be funding me, with about $98k (excluding 16k) in their joint savings account (6 month statements too).

The question is, my agent tells me that I need to show an annual income and property valuation that supports this figure. Doesn't IRCC not value fixed, immovable assets that much? I hear people in India (and other countries) gettings visas just based on their bank balance/loan.

I am applying under non-SDS and I am from Nepal.
So you applied already with PAL? Fixed, immovable assets are not income or cash. So for study permit you need to pay first year tuition and show minimum of $22k in the bank. If parents have $98k in cash in the bank then you are good.

Reactions: Karkee

Karkee

Apr 8, 2024
So you applied already with PAL? Fixed, immovable assets are not income or cash. So for study permit you need to pay first year tuition and show minimum of $22k in the bank. If parents have $98k in cash in the bank then you are good.
Yes , I have the PAL. No I haven't applied yet, still waiting for agent to finish making few income/property docs. He says a CA Report will include everything in a single document.

Due to the nature of my parent's businesses (transactions are mostly cash, primitive domestic industry) and bunch of rents/leases and agriculture. I was wondering if IRCC even reads those business papers. They should be supporting docs right, to show that the applicant's funds are legit?

Also does IRCC ask for additional docs? I'm quite worried that I might get rejected because of un-detailed income docs (all translated). Other than that everything is detailed and my previous high school grades and IELTS are also good.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Yes , I have the PAL. No I haven't applied yet, still waiting for agent to finish making few income/property docs. He says a CA Report will include everything in a single document.

Due to the nature of my parent's businesses (transactions are mostly cash, primitive domestic industry) and bunch of rents/leases and agriculture. I was wondering if IRCC even reads those business papers. They should be supporting docs right, to show that the applicant's funds are legit?

Also does IRCC ask for additional docs? I'm quite worried that I might get rejected because of un-detailed income docs (all translated). Other than that everything is detailed and my previous high school grades and IELTS are also good.
How old are you? Business income/cash is not considered, only personal banks statements/property. Also if business or properties are not in your name then not relevant to you.

Reactions: Karkee

Karkee

Apr 8, 2024
I just turned 19 last month. Does it even matter?

Quick question, I got my transcripts in September 2023, so up until now I haven't really done anything (except for few online verified courses like cs50x). Would a 6-8month gap (up until now) be justifiable with those certs?

Also my programme starts in Jan 2025 so I have quite some time...