+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Non-Accompanying Dependent(not examined) but declared in aplication as dependent

Mazda

May 16, 2012
I migrated here in Canada 8 years ago from Phils. My first marriage was ANNULED and we have 2 kids. There was a court order that the Children be under the custody of my ex-wife. During the process of my papers, the CIC Manila office sent me a letter;

“R117(9)(d) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations excludes family members from future sponsorships if they were not examined in connection with the sponsor’s application for permanent residence in Canada.”
(9) No foreign national may be considered a member of the family class by virtue of their relationship to a sponsor if
(d) the sponsor previously made an application for permanent residence and became a permanent and, at the time of that application, the foreign national was a non-accompanying family member or a former spouse or former common-law partner of the sponsor and was not examined.

I tried to get them with me for medical examination but my ex-wife didn't let them go to be examined and stand with the court order that it is under her custody. So, I made a decision against my will and responsed to a LETTER of Immigration officer that I do understand that i won't be able to sponsor my children in the future. BUT I STILL PUT THEM IN MY APPLICATION AS MY DEPENDENTS.

And when my wife has her own family and a child,she decided to let them go and willing to support any documents needed for the application. My Eldest daughter(20 y/o) is already graduated from college March 2012 as a BS Nursing and my son is 16 y/o and still living with their Mom. I supported my children morethan 100%.

So I decided to SPONSOR them as MY DEPENDENTS. Done all the requirements, (medical, with the support documents from their mother), sent all the necessary required docs, and additional EXPLANATION and NOTARIZED the letter and paid the application fee on February2012. Until now i didn't receive a confirmation if they receive the application.

I sent the application in the POST OFFICE REGISTERED and I tracked it was received.
Anyone can give their opinion and thru their experienced, its big help for me so I would know my next move to help my daughter even working in different country.

Thanks in advance.

eric

Tatish

Jun 15, 2018
Hello Eric. Could you please share how your story ended up? I have similar sitiation. Can apply to Sponsor a chThanks.