+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Non accompanying child question

Tootz

Dec 25, 2015
My son is almost 17. He lives half with me and half with my ex husband. I've obviously added him on the schedule, together with an explanation that he is planning to stay in the UK to study. So... do I need to send a scan of his passport too?

Many thanks

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Tootz said:
My son is almost 17. He lives half with me and half with my ex husband. I've obviously added him on the schedule, together with an explanation that he is planning to stay in the UK to study. So... do I need to send a scan of his passport too?

Many thanks
so are you applying for your child to obtain PR given once 19 or over no longer considered a dependant child ? Ok still means has to meet the residency obligations but on the other hand provides him with the option in the next 5 years after landing ? Just a thought and apologies if i misread based on fact he planning to stay in UK.

Tootz

Dec 25, 2015
Sorry I wasn't clear. He's not planning on coming with us, but I'd like to give him the option to change his mind and be his sponsor. Do I need to provide birth certificate and passport in these circumstances?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As a non-accompanying child, he needs to have his medicals done but I don't think he actually needs a passport.

However, it would be a better option if you list him as accompanying, let him get a visa and land in Canada as a PR. He will be able to visit you during holidays and work odd jobs in Canada and if he wants to move and join you, he can. If you don't include him, he will not get PR and under the current rules, you can not sponsor him after he turns 19.