Jamway 17

Apr 8, 2017
Category........
FAM
Doc's Request.
Not yet
Passport Req..
In Jesus name soon
Good evening, my husband has a 14 year old son, and his mother is in the USA and does not want us to include him on the family sponsor application. We both explained to her the importance but she said no. She is in the process I believe of sending for her son. Therefore I removed the son from my husband application.

Now I was reading that we must declare all dependents whether they accompany or not. I understand not including him means that we can never sponsor him at a later date. But will this be viewed as being dishonest as it says it can affect the application. I am confused. I am not sure if I am over analyzing but I need some feedback please.

We are less then two weeks away from submitting -Outland application he is in Jamaica.

Thanks

Pitt1234

Star Member
Sep 28, 2016
If you don't include him in your application now, you would not be able to sponsor him in the future. Also, this could be counted as misrepresentation.

Depending on the current stage of your application, you could perhaps update your currently submitted forms to declare him. You don't have to proceed with his sponsorship if the other parent does not agree. You could add this as a note along with the submitted forms.

Jamway 17 said:
Good evening, my husband has a 14 year old son, and his mother is in the USA and does not want us to include him on the family sponsor application. We both explained to her the importance but she said no. She is in the process I believe of sending for her son. Therefore I removed the son from my husband application.

Now I was reading that we must declare all dependents whether they accompany or not. I understand not including him means that we can never sponsor him at a later date. But will this be viewed as being dishonest as it says it can affect the application. I am confused. I am not sure if I am over analyzing but I need some feedback please.

We are less then two weeks away from submitting -Outland application he is in Jamaica.

Thanks

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Jamway 17 said:

You still need to declare the child even if you are unable to include him. Are there any custody papers from the courts? Does your husband have any sort of visitation or contact with his son?

Landagirl

Star Member
Feb 1, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
26-09-2016
AOR Received.
20/10/2016
File Transfer...
25/10/2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Passed 19/01/2017
Passport Req..
23/01/2017
VISA ISSUED...
08/02/2017
LANDED..........
02/06/2017
As Canuck said you have to include him in the application. If she refuses to cooperate it isn't the end of the world. We just went through it with 2 ex wives not agreeing and 3 kids without a big hassle. It did help that he only has visitation and no custody, but had to explain all that as Texas doesn't use those terms. We sent in his divorce papers with the application showing his parental responsibilities, they only ask for a divorce certificate.