+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOC Query

Crucialguy

Oct 24, 2018
Hello everyone.
I am working as Operations Manager at a bank and my responsibilities can be categorize as;
1. Supervising branch banking.
2. Administration of branch internal and external affairs.
3. Managing bank's internal accounts.
4. Sales.

Can i use multiple NOCs e.g.
i. NOC-0122-BANKER

ii. NOC-1111-FINANCIAL AUDITOR AND ACCOUNTANT
or NOC-1114-OTHER FINANCIAL OFFICER

iii. NOC-0114-OTHER ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES MANAGER
or NOC-1221-ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER

Important to note here that the experience letter that i will get from HR would be general and won't mention job responsibilities. But i can take reference letter from colleague mentioning all responsibilities.

Please guide.

Addzz120

Star Member
Feb 28, 2019
Hello everyone.
I am working as Operations Manager at a bank and my responsibilities can be categorize as;
1. Supervising branch banking.
2. Administration of branch internal and external affairs.
3. Managing bank's internal accounts.
4. Sales.

Can i use multiple NOCs e.g.
i. NOC-0122-BANKER

ii. NOC-1111-FINANCIAL AUDITOR AND ACCOUNTANT
or NOC-1114-OTHER FINANCIAL OFFICER

iii. NOC-0114-OTHER ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES MANAGER
or NOC-1221-ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER

Important to note here that the experience letter that i will get from HR would be general and won't mention job responsibilities. But i can take reference letter from colleague mentioning all responsibilities.

Please guide.
Sounds too important for admin or ‘other financial officer’. For example i class as a mortgage officer and i just process mortgage applications.

If it helps my solicitor told me that in order to ‘sell’ your job experience to a candianan equivalent it has got match atleast 60% of the duties listed for that job title. I didn’t press further on this but i imagine you may be able to match 60% on all those listed jobs in which case maybe it ultimately doesn’t matter which specific title you pick.

Crucialguy

Oct 24, 2018
Sounds too important for admin or ‘other financial officer’. For example i class as a mortgage officer and i just process mortgage applications.

If it helps my solicitor told me that in order to ‘sell’ your job experience to a candianan equivalent it has got match atleast 60% of the duties listed for that job title. I didn’t press further on this but i imagine you may be able to match 60% on all those listed jobs in which case maybe it ultimately doesn’t matter which specific title you pick.
Thanks for your input. That's very logical, i will check in this context.
Actually my purpose for multiple NOC is to catch eye of PNP program. Because NOC-0122 is not in demand anywhere but rest are. That's other problem that job offer is required in most cases.

Addzz120

Star Member
Feb 28, 2019
Thanks for your input. That's very logical, i will check in this context.
Actually my purpose for multiple NOC is to catch eye of PNP program. Because NOC-0122 is not in demand anywhere but rest are. That's other problem that job offer is required in most cases.
Worth checking further for sure as if you can get away with listing it as in the in demand job it will enhance your application when the immigration officers search for you.
My situation is similiar, I’m applying under the atlantic program which can be skill type B or C. The job i am applying for is C but the general duties match all of what i do in my skills B job just with added speciality.
I’m hoping that job title isn’t what they look at but more “role matching” of the general duties as logically in your situation your employer could call you a banker, auditor, accountant etc, so the governmemt knows theres many different titles, hence why i believe it goes on matching ‘enough’ of the general duties. So for me think i can be B or C depending on what i need to apply under, but someone classed as C could not be B because they would not cover the extra duties i do to make it a B....i think....we will see.

Addzz120

Star Member
Feb 28, 2019
I’ve just found this for you to which may indicate we are both correct.

Every NOC code has an associated job title, lead statement, and list of major duties and responsibilities. When you’re choosing your NOC code for immigration purposes, your actual job title and education are not important. Your work experience has to match the lead statement, and you should have performed most of the duties and responsibilities listed. Because of that, your work experience might fall under a couple of different NOC codes, or your official job title might be associated with a NOC code that doesn’t actually match your experience.

So it seems if your experience matches the lead statement and covers most of the job duties, i could be job type B or C delending on what i am applying for. You should also be able to select the in demand job as long as it matches the lead statement (found when you search for your noc code) and you cover most of the main duties.
Source https://www.canadim.com/blog/how-choose-noc-code-canadian-immigration/

Reactions: Crucialguy

Crucialguy

Oct 24, 2018
Worth checking further for sure as if you can get away with listing it as in the in demand job it will enhance your application when the immigration officers search for you.
My situation is similiar, I’m applying under the atlantic program which can be skill type B or C. The job i am applying for is C but the general duties match all of what i do in my skills B job just with added speciality.
I’m hoping that job title isn’t what they look at but more “role matching” of the general duties as logically in your situation your employer could call you a banker, auditor, accountant etc, so the governmemt knows theres many different titles, hence why i believe it goes on matching ‘enough’ of the general duties. So for me think i can be B or C depending on what i need to apply under, but someone classed as C could not be B because they would not cover the extra duties i do to make it a B....i think....we will see.
Some of the duties are not mentioned in my banks policy document "Job Description" but o am responsible for it. What i have thought i willneed to manipulate reference letter and get it signed from colleague. Because HR wont mention my job responsibilities in the experience letter, nor they provide open letter.
Should it be addressed to ICCRC?