AOR Received.
10-01-2017
Passport Req..
16-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-03-2017
LANDED..........
23-03-2017
I have been working in NOC 2211 job since 2015 for 10 months and now I got an interview call for my dream job i.e Cathodic Protection Technician/Corrosion Technician. This job is listed in Alberta's trades and occupation list https://tradesecrets.alberta.ca/trades-occupations/profiles/2101/ However, I am confused with the job duties and the noc code it falls under. I am also nearing the end of my work permit period that ends on Feb 19, 2017. Currently, I have 10 months of experience in noc 2211. Would shifting jobs to a different noc which is more in line with my education cause any difficulties after 2 months?
The following are the new job duties and responsibilities;
-Responsible for completing tasks related to the installation, energization and maintenance of Cathodic Protection systems.
-Responsible for completing tasks relating to field testing of Cathodic Protection and AC mitigation projects.
-Responsible for the maintenance and operational function of assigned vehicle, tools and equipment.
-Responsible to coordinate and complete the specific project task objectives.
-Responsible for the infield training and development of other junior Project Team members.
-Responsible for the profitable delivery of Corrosion Services products and services in the field.
-Respond promptly to Customer/Project issues in co-operation with the Junior/Senior Team Leaders and project staff.
-Provide on-site technical advice to team personnel as required. Provide Junior/Senior Team Leaders information regarding technical problems to allow a remedial plan to be determined in a cost-effective manner.
-Follow Corrosion Service’s and clients operations and HSE procedures and policies.
-Ensure that all required reporting is submitted to the Team Leaders/Safety Representative including, but not limited to, operational reporting (ie. Health & Safety Inspections Forms, Observational Based Safety Forms, Near Misses, Incidents, etc.).
-Complete timesheets and expenses in a timely manner to keep project costs current.
-Follow inventory removal/addition procedures to ensure accurate counts.
-Develop the culture of employee’s attitudes towards work and each other. Code of Conduct etc.
-This position is 90% of work in the field.

rezafc

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-08-2014
No it wouldn't, in fact it will help more. And as long as the two NOC codes are eligble you should be fine. It makes sense to have the two NOC codes related.
Like: 2175, 2174, 2281

Best of luck,

ssiddharthsuresh

Star Member
May 12, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-01-2017
AOR Received.
10-01-2017
Passport Req..
16-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-03-2017
LANDED..........
23-03-2017
I cant seem to find a matching NOC code for this job and its duties. I did send an email to HRDSC asking for clarification regarding my NOC. But looks like its going to take a while before they reply. Looking for feedback from members of this forum. Any help in this regard would be greatly appreciated.

Mar 25, 2018
Is there a NOC code for Cathodic Protection? As it's related to corrosion control, Im assuming the NOC code would be 2142, but the job description is entirely different and is not applicable for CP.

If anyone has any information regarding this, it would be very helpful. Thanks