+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOC for a Community Manager

Jan 14, 2020
Hi everyone! Hope you're all doing well :)

I'm planning on immigrating via the Federal Skilled Workers program. But I've come across a problem of choosing the right NOC for my position (not sure if any code would fit actually).

I work as a Community Manager in a GameDev company. My position might also be called a Content Manager, a Social Media Manager, or something else similar.

Basically, I manage social networks (FB, Instagram, Twitter, etc.) for a game, but I don't do marketing, advertising, PR, or brand-related work for the product.

I could briefly describe my duties as follows:
  • Developing a content strategy for the game community
  • Creating content plans for all social platforms
  • Creating engaging content
  • Leading the team of visual content creators (artists and video designers)
  • Giving out tasks to the team members, manage their work including giving feedback
  • Mentoring junior community managers
  • Writing, editing and proofreading content
  • Working with comments from the followers (players)
  • Writing articles for an in-house community management knowledge base
  • Using content management systems to analyze users reach and engagement metrics
  • Brainstorming with team members to develop new ideas
  • Engaging with followers to build relationships with the community and encourage engagement
  • Creating a positive image of the product (game)
Probably, I should also mention that interviewing, hiring, or firing workers are not my duties.

Job requirements for my position in the company:
  • Bachelor’s degree is required, but the field is not specified
  • Level of English is C1 (Advanced) or higher
  • Similar work experience is not mandatory
I believe I should look into these NOC’s: either 1123 (this one has a Social media community manager listed as one of the titles) or 0124. But both NOC’s are for occupations in advertising, marketing and public relations, not game dev, so I’m confused.

Any help or thoughts on the topic are greatly appreciated! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Caru216

Caru216

Feb 9, 2021
Hi everyone! Hope you're all doing well :)

I'm planning on immigrating via the Federal Skilled Workers program. But I've come across a problem of choosing the right NOC for my position (not sure if any code would fit actually).

I work as a Community Manager in a GameDev company. My position might also be called a Content Manager, a Social Media Manager, or something else similar.

Basically, I manage social networks (FB, Instagram, Twitter, etc.) for a game, but I don't do marketing, advertising, PR, or brand-related work for the product.

I could briefly describe my duties as follows:
  • Developing a content strategy for the game community
  • Creating content plans for all social platforms
  • Creating engaging content
  • Leading the team of visual content creators (artists and video designers)
  • Giving out tasks to the team members, manage their work including giving feedback
  • Mentoring junior community managers
  • Writing, editing and proofreading content
  • Working with comments from the followers (players)
  • Writing articles for an in-house community management knowledge base
  • Using content management systems to analyze users reach and engagement metrics
  • Brainstorming with team members to develop new ideas
  • Engaging with followers to build relationships with the community and encourage engagement
  • Creating a positive image of the product (game)
Probably, I should also mention that interviewing, hiring, or firing workers are not my duties.

Job requirements for my position in the company:
  • Bachelor’s degree is required, but the field is not specified
  • Level of English is C1 (Advanced) or higher
  • Similar work experience is not mandatory
I believe I should look into these NOC’s: either 1123 (this one has a Social media community manager listed as one of the titles) or 0124. But both NOC’s are for occupations in advertising, marketing and public relations, not game dev, so I’m confused.

Any help or thoughts on the topic are greatly appreciated! :)