+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOC Confusion - Sales & Marketing Profile

Absinthe87

Jul 24, 2017
Hello and Greetings to all!

I have a bit of confusion on the NOC to be selected for the Sales & Marketing Profile.

I have over 9 years of experience in both retail and institutional sales and marketing. My job responsibilities are mostly covered in 0601 - Corporate Sales Manager (offers 50 points for a job offer).

However, I also saw that much of the work I have done also corresponds to the below NOCs (which offer 200 points for a confirmed job offer). These are senior management occupations.

0013 - Senior managers - financial, communications and other business services
0014 - Senior managers - health, education, social and community services and membership organizations
0015 - Senior managers - trade, broadcasting and other services, n.e.c.
0016 - Senior managers - construction, transportation, production and utilities

Also, there are about 500 vacancies in the job bank for 0601, as opposed to only about 150 for all the 4 senior managerial combined.

Now my question is should I go for the earlier one or latter ones? From a CIC point of view, will it make much of a difference if I select a 00 NOC? Do they prioritize PR for NOC with more open jobs?

Thanks in advance

Best regards

Absinthe87

alzs-

Star Member
Mar 15, 2017
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Of course it makes a difference! Selecting the correct noc is very important!

00 nocs are in general for C-level / director positions. I was a senior marketing manager (managing other managers and analysts) and I selected 0601.

Don't think only of the job title in the NOC but think of the duties.

Another tip is to go to job bank, search similar positions as yours and check under which noc they are advertised.

alzs-

Star Member
Mar 15, 2017
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oh, and if you have a job offer, the company should be able to tell you what's the position's noc.

Absinthe87

Jul 24, 2017
Of course it makes a difference! Selecting the correct noc is very important!

00 nocs are in general for C-level / director positions. I was a senior marketing manager (managing other managers and analysts) and I selected 0601.

Don't think only of the job title in the NOC but think of the duties.

Another tip is to go to job bank, search similar positions as yours and check under which noc they are advertised.

Thank you - yes now it is clear. Although the sales and marketing responsibilities were matching, I was more on a city/state level responsibility.

These 00 NOCs are more of country wide and company wide, or Head of Department / functional head type roles. Yes, they are for 40/50 year old C level executives near the top of their career.

I will go ahead under 0601 NOC. I shall also await job offer with NOC.

Thanks once again.

ROCKER

May 14, 2018
My so far experience has been in Government business/Tender business and institutional Sales, which NOC is more preffered 0601 corp sales magr or 4163 business dev managr ?

Can someone guide me?