+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOC code selection

kiran16861

May 23, 2017
Hi All,

I am trying to find NOC code that suits me best. All my experience is on the Data Science side so I am going for 2172 Database analysts and data administrators...

But in one of my job experience the designation is quality engineer although my job responsibilities are on the data management side and are very close to the NOC code listed above.. I am confused ,would the job title make CIC think and I should put the experience in a different NOC code ...Rest all of my jobs, I have job title of Data Analyst ...

Shall I put all my job experiences in above mentioned NOC code because the job
responsibilities are all same and pertain to this. Does JOB title matter as well.

Looking for answers ,please help.

Thanks everyone ...

eiden03

Star Member
Feb 18, 2019
Hi All,

I am trying to find NOC code that suits me best. All my experience is on the Data Science side so I am going for 2172 Database analysts and data administrators...

But in one of my job experience the designation is quality engineer although my job responsibilities are on the data management side and are very close to the NOC code listed above.. I am confused ,would the job title make CIC think and I should put the experience in a different NOC code ...Rest all of my jobs, I have job title of Data Analyst ...

Shall I put all my job experiences in above mentioned NOC code because the job
responsibilities are all same and pertain to this. Does JOB title matter as well.

Looking for answers ,please help.

Thanks everyone ...
Job title does not matter. ''You must show that while working in your primary occupation you performed the duties set out in the lead statement of the occupational description in the NOC. This includes all the essential duties and most of the main duties listed.'' (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/federal-skilled-workers.html#skilled)