+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOC Code query - 1221 or 1241?

BC_BA_Kimi

Jul 6, 2018
Hi everyone, I was wondering if someone could help with the differentiating of noc codes 1221 Administrative Officers and 1241 Administrative Assistant, I am having difficulty deciding what my job description falls under. All details below

My Job title - Student Assessment Coordinator
Sector - Regulatory body for Accountants

My Duties -

• Reviewed and assessed academic credentials to ascertain advanced standing for applicants into the CPA
Certification Program
• Assessed applicants for CPA PEP eligibility through several different pathways, including CGA
Legacy, CA Legacy, CPA PREP, and CPA accredited programs
• Reviewed complex files that required additional documentation for assessment
• Large quantities of data entry and data analysis
• Provided advice on CPA procedures and guidelines
• Answered telephone & email queries from applicants

Any help would be much appreciated! I have copied and pasted below the duties for noc 1221 and 1241 on cic's website.
Thanks

"1221
Administrative officers oversee and implement administrative procedures, establish work priorities, conduct analyses of administrative operations and co-ordinate acquisition of administrative services such as office space, supplies and security services. They are employed throughout the private and public sectors. Administrative officers who are supervisors are included in this group.

Main duties

Administrative officers perform some or all of the following duties:

• Oversee and co-ordinate office administrative procedures and review, evaluate and implement new procedures
  • Establish work priorities, delegate work to office support staff, and ensure deadlines are met and procedures are followed
  • Carry out administrative activities associated with admissions to post-secondary educational institutions
  • Administer policies and procedures related to the release of records in processing requests under government access to information and privacy legislation
  • Co-ordinate and plan for office services, such as accommodation, relocations, equipment, supplies, forms, disposal of assets, parking, maintenance and security services
  • Conduct analyses and oversee administrative operations related to budgeting, contracting and project planning and management processes
  • Assist in preparation of operating budget and maintain inventory and budgetary controls
  • Assemble data and prepare periodic and special reports, manuals and correspondence
  • May supervise records management technicians and related staff."

"1241
Administrative assistants perform a variety of administrative duties in support of managerial and professional employers. They are employed throughout the private and public sectors.
Main duties

Administrative assistants perform some or all of the following duties:

• Prepare, key in, edit and proofread correspondence, invoices, presentations, brochures, publications, reports and related material from machine dictation and handwritten copy
  • Open and distribute incoming regular and electronic mail and other material and co-ordinate the flow of information internally and with other departments and organizations
  • Schedule and confirm appointments and meetings of employer
  • Order office supplies and maintain inventory
  • Answer telephone and electronic enquiries and relay telephone calls and messages
  • Set up and maintain manual and computerized information filing systems
  • Determine and establish office procedures
  • Greet visitors, ascertain nature of business and direct visitors to employer or appropriate person
  • Record and prepare minutes of meetings
  • Arrange travel schedules and make reservations
  • May compile data, statistics and other information to support research activities
  • May supervise and train office staff in procedures and in use of current software.
  • May organize conferences"

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Hi everyone, I was wondering if someone could help with the differentiating of noc codes 1221 Administrative Officers and 1241 Administrative Assistant, I am having difficulty deciding what my job description falls under. All details below

My Job title - Student Assessment Coordinator
Sector - Regulatory body for Accountants

My Duties -

• Reviewed and assessed academic credentials to ascertain advanced standing for applicants into the CPA
Certification Program
• Assessed applicants for CPA PEP eligibility through several different pathways, including CGA
Legacy, CA Legacy, CPA PREP, and CPA accredited programs
• Reviewed complex files that required additional documentation for assessment
• Large quantities of data entry and data analysis
• Provided advice on CPA procedures and guidelines
• Answered telephone & email queries from applicants

Any help would be much appreciated! I have copied and pasted below the duties for noc 1221 and 1241 on cic's website.
Thanks

"1221
Administrative officers oversee and implement administrative procedures, establish work priorities, conduct analyses of administrative operations and co-ordinate acquisition of administrative services such as office space, supplies and security services. They are employed throughout the private and public sectors. Administrative officers who are supervisors are included in this group.

Main duties

Administrative officers perform some or all of the following duties:

• Oversee and co-ordinate office administrative procedures and review, evaluate and implement new procedures
  • Establish work priorities, delegate work to office support staff, and ensure deadlines are met and procedures are followed
  • Carry out administrative activities associated with admissions to post-secondary educational institutions
  • Administer policies and procedures related to the release of records in processing requests under government access to information and privacy legislation
  • Co-ordinate and plan for office services, such as accommodation, relocations, equipment, supplies, forms, disposal of assets, parking, maintenance and security services
  • Conduct analyses and oversee administrative operations related to budgeting, contracting and project planning and management processes
  • Assist in preparation of operating budget and maintain inventory and budgetary controls
  • Assemble data and prepare periodic and special reports, manuals and correspondence
  • May supervise records management technicians and related staff."

"1241
Administrative assistants perform a variety of administrative duties in support of managerial and professional employers. They are employed throughout the private and public sectors.
Main duties

Administrative assistants perform some or all of the following duties:

• Prepare, key in, edit and proofread correspondence, invoices, presentations, brochures, publications, reports and related material from machine dictation and handwritten copy
  • Open and distribute incoming regular and electronic mail and other material and co-ordinate the flow of information internally and with other departments and organizations
  • Schedule and confirm appointments and meetings of employer
  • Order office supplies and maintain inventory
  • Answer telephone and electronic enquiries and relay telephone calls and messages
  • Set up and maintain manual and computerized information filing systems
  • Determine and establish office procedures
  • Greet visitors, ascertain nature of business and direct visitors to employer or appropriate person
  • Record and prepare minutes of meetings
  • Arrange travel schedules and make reservations
  • May compile data, statistics and other information to support research activities
  • May supervise and train office staff in procedures and in use of current software.
  • May organize conferences"
I would say 4033. Have a look.

Else, if I will look at your post, it should be 1221.

BC_BA_Kimi

Jul 6, 2018

Thanks for your response. I had a look at 4033 and not very many of the descriptors match my job description, as 4033 seems to be directly working with and counselling students. I have very limited access to students and focused mainly on assessing credentials/transcripts and eligibility into particular programs and whether students were qualified for a designation. I am hoping 1221 will work, however I did not oversee budgets or oversee the office procedures as a whole so was a little concerned if I should use it

BC_BA_Kimi

Jul 6, 2018

Also what would represent the job below best, from 1221 or 1241?

Any advice is appreciated, thanks

University admin role

My Job duties

• Maintenance of student data, one of the first points of contact for
student enquiries, academics and providing advice on school procedures, supporting and advising disabled and dyslexic students

• Preparation of information, results, mitigating circumstances and paperwork for examination boards and producing transcripts.
  • Organise and manage Open and UCAS days

• Analysis of UCAS data. Comparing statistics, attendance records,
    and conversion rates
  • Liaise and maintain relationships with internal and external bodies:
    Universities in the EU and USA, manufacturers in China, external examiners, Solicitors Practices
  • Marketing activities, design and produce advertising promotional
    material, produce recruitment statistics , assist in the booking, draft design and placement of school advertisements
  • Extract, analyse and interpret data from multiple university systems

• Event organisation, graduation, admissions process, induction week

• Use of the university databases on a daily basis, maintain web pages on the intranet
  • Proof read/ assist in re-writing school
    handbook and dissertation pack, liaising closely with professors and senior managers
  • Costing spread sheets , using formulae excel spread sheets

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Also what would represent the job below best, from 1221 or 1241?

Any advice is appreciated, thanks

University admin role

My Job duties

• Maintenance of student data, one of the first points of contact for
student enquiries, academics and providing advice on school procedures, supporting and advising disabled and dyslexic students

• Preparation of information, results, mitigating circumstances and paperwork for examination boards and producing transcripts.
  • Organise and manage Open and UCAS days

• Analysis of UCAS data. Comparing statistics, attendance records,
    and conversion rates
  • Liaise and maintain relationships with internal and external bodies:
    Universities in the EU and USA, manufacturers in China, external examiners, Solicitors Practices
  • Marketing activities, design and produce advertising promotional
    material, produce recruitment statistics , assist in the booking, draft design and placement of school advertisements
  • Extract, analyse and interpret data from multiple university systems

• Event organisation, graduation, admissions process, induction week

• Use of the university databases on a daily basis, maintain web pages on the intranet
  • Proof read/ assist in re-writing school
    handbook and dissertation pack, liaising closely with professors and senior managers
  • Costing spread sheets , using formulae excel spread sheets

SupaLiu

Oct 17, 2018
mr.preetsingh@, Can you please help me find a correct and safe NOC code?

The NOC codes that partially match my job duties are:
1211 Supervisors, general office and administrative support workers (NOC B)
1221 administrative officers(NOC B)
1241 administrative assistant(NOC B)
1123 Professional occupations in advertising, marketing and public relations(NOC A)

The thing is, even though my duty matches 1123, I don't feel comfortable going for NOC A without any prior professional/academic experience in the advertising field. 1123 seems to require professional expertise in that field, but I was just assigned to Communications&PR team on the first day and fulfilled those tasks. So I was thinking of 1221 or 1241. Do you see any potential in those two codes?

Here are my job duties:
-Assign and review the work of partner associates for creating monthly company newspapers
-Plan contents, design layouts, write manuscripts, and take photos for company newspaper
-Communicate and liaise with other departments on promotional strategies and contents, interview, photo shoot, and schedules
-Monitor the company’s visibility in media report to the leadership
-Plan and publish contents on the company’s Web sites and social network platforms
-Provide feedback on advertisement drafts targeting the public
-Assist producing video clips that deliver CEO’s message to employees
-Partake in conducting a corporate survey to identify employee satisfaction
-Conduct campaigns to inform and implement new corporate cultures to employees through means of newspapers, video clip, and mascot
-Assist in writing press release
-Oversee designing and manufacturing company’s official mascot dolls
-Assist in recruiting and interviewing process
-Supervise the process of making company newspapers in regards to work schedules, contents, design layouts, and deadlines
-Inform and educate the public institutes and internal employees on company’s official logo and identity policies
-Organize a filing system for official documents and maintain database and records
-Monitor and maintain office equipment and inventory supplies; order replacement supplies
-Plan and coordinate activities for multiple teams within Communications Department
-Report to the Headquarters regarding risk management of the company in media
-Manage, control, and record operating budgets for the department
-Negotiate production budget vis-à-vis contractors
-Greet visitors, ascertain nature of business and direct visitors to employer or appropriate person
-Answer telephone and electronic enquiries and relay telephone calls and messages
-Open and distribute incoming regular and electronic mail and other material and co-ordinate the flow of information internally with regards to the press and journalists in the business and chemical field
-Arrange travel schedules and make reservations
-May compile data, statistics and other information to support research activities

Thank you for the help!!

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
mr.preetsingh@, Can you please help me find a correct and safe NOC code?

The NOC codes that partially match my job duties are:
1211 Supervisors, general office and administrative support workers (NOC B)
1221 administrative officers(NOC B)
1241 administrative assistant(NOC B)
1123 Professional occupations in advertising, marketing and public relations(NOC A)

The thing is, even though my duty matches 1123, I don't feel comfortable going for NOC A without any prior professional/academic experience in the advertising field. 1123 seems to require professional expertise in that field, but I was just assigned to Communications&PR team on the first day and fulfilled those tasks. So I was thinking of 1221 or 1241. Do you see any potential in those two codes?

Here are my job duties:
-Assign and review the work of partner associates for creating monthly company newspapers
-Plan contents, design layouts, write manuscripts, and take photos for company newspaper
-Communicate and liaise with other departments on promotional strategies and contents, interview, photo shoot, and schedules
-Monitor the company’s visibility in media report to the leadership
-Plan and publish contents on the company’s Web sites and social network platforms
-Provide feedback on advertisement drafts targeting the public
-Assist producing video clips that deliver CEO’s message to employees
-Partake in conducting a corporate survey to identify employee satisfaction
-Conduct campaigns to inform and implement new corporate cultures to employees through means of newspapers, video clip, and mascot
-Assist in writing press release
-Oversee designing and manufacturing company’s official mascot dolls
-Assist in recruiting and interviewing process
-Supervise the process of making company newspapers in regards to work schedules, contents, design layouts, and deadlines
-Inform and educate the public institutes and internal employees on company’s official logo and identity policies
-Organize a filing system for official documents and maintain database and records
-Monitor and maintain office equipment and inventory supplies; order replacement supplies
-Plan and coordinate activities for multiple teams within Communications Department
-Report to the Headquarters regarding risk management of the company in media
-Manage, control, and record operating budgets for the department
-Negotiate production budget vis-à-vis contractors
-Greet visitors, ascertain nature of business and direct visitors to employer or appropriate person
-Answer telephone and electronic enquiries and relay telephone calls and messages
-Open and distribute incoming regular and electronic mail and other material and co-ordinate the flow of information internally with regards to the press and journalists in the business and chemical field
-Arrange travel schedules and make reservations
-May compile data, statistics and other information to support research activities

Thank you for the help!!
1123 does not require professional education.

SupaLiu

Oct 17, 2018
1123 does not require professional education.
Thank you for your prompt answer!
Then, do you think the following experiences would qualify as '3 years or more' in experienced NOC ?

:2 years of 2282 (NOC B, user support technician) + 6 months of 1123 (NOC A, professional occupations in advertising, marketing) + 6 months of 1223 (NOC B, recruiter)

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Thank you for your prompt answer!
Then, do you think the following experiences would qualify as '3 years or more' in experienced NOC ?

:2 years of 2282 (NOC B, user support technician) + 6 months of 1123 (NOC A, professional occupations in advertising, marketing) + 6 months of 1223 (NOC B, recruiter)
Yes, please use 2282 as Primary NOC.

Addy2018i

Star Member
Nov 19, 2018
Guys, I have a question regarding noc 1221,
As you must me aware that NOC requirements are post secondary education that is 12th. We have medical/ non medical/ commerce/ arts streams in 12th . Is there any specific stream required for NOC 1221.

Also the people with masters and bachelor's in any stream can apply through this NOC code if their job responsibility matches the NOC

It is near to impossible if only post secondary educated people could get ITA coz thr score would always be 60 to 61 in SINP points grid because of less education points

Please share some info

Regards

AmandaOJ

Aug 17, 2020
Hi,
I am having issues in finding my NOC code as well. Can anyone identify my code for me. My job title is Client Services Coordinator.
i am wondering if NOC 1221 would be best to use. Can anyone advise please?

Job Description:

Job details:
1. Responsible for overseeing and administering the full on-boarding and Contractor Management lifecycle for Contractors

2. Lead weekly client calls to identify program issues and suggest areas of improvement

3. Create and maintain an excel tracking system for all new pre-identified candidates/active consultants

4. Provide in-depth testing of internal systems developed to advance the onboarding experience

5. Submit and manage all inquiries relating to the contract management process via internal ticketing system

6. Provide support to consultants using Vendor Management Systems (i.e. SAP Fieldglass, Beeline)

7. Create statements of work on behalf of the client and follow up to ensure final approvals are secured

8. Act as a subject matter expert for clients and consultants on the varies legal status classifications

9. Schedule communications to consultants with regards to payment processing and timesheet deadlines

10. Manage the client/consultant onboarding and renewal process while complying with internal policy and ISO management standards

11. Identify key issues with the Contractor Management process and provide recommendations to internal and external stakeholders

12. Develop and update strategies for a smoother consultant and client experience

13. Reconcile complex AR payment discrepancies for consultants by examining client payment reports

14. Serve as a primary point of contact to receive, investigate and resolve consultant, sub-vendor, and client questions relating to the billing and payment of invoices