Visa Office......
India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2013
Hey Guys,

I have the below description from my employer in the letter which was given to me when I was deputed to Canada. Could you please suggest under which code does this fall?

Occupation: ITERACT MEDIA PROG & DEVELOPER (Software Developer – Team Lead)

The one outside the bracket was given in my WP and the Software Developer title was given in the letter from my employer.

MAIN DUTIES:
*) Analyzing the existing legacy system components and extracting the business logic and rules.
*) Requirement analysis and gap identification.
*) Dividing and scheduling the project into phases and creating Work Breakdown
Structure (WBS) for a project.
*) Developing data models, entity relationship diagrams and plans and estimations.
*) Coding for the modules when there is a change required for business rules.
*) Logging issues and tracking actions taken and forwarding and escalation of issues.
*) Validating the code with the coding standard templates.
*) Preparing test plans and performing unit testing, integration testing and regression testing.
*) Verifying test coverage.
*) Conducting code walk-through and reviewing internal and external quality assurance in the application.
*) Initiation of review and logging and tracking and closing the defects.
*) Identifying, assessing and prioritizing risk items and evaluating its impact and managing and reporting rules.
*) Fixing the identified bugs in the existing application by finding the root cause.
*) Performing offshore-onsite coordination by gathering requirements from the clients and conveying them to offshore team.

These are as per my employer letter. My employer will not give me letters of reference as per the company policy so I have to write a cover letter explaining the situation and with these details.

Please suggest whether this falls under 2174 NOC or any other NOC.

Thanks in advance!

bickyii

Nov 1, 2011
Toronto, ON
praveenkumarsr said:
Hey Guys,

I have the below description from my employer in the letter which was given to me when I was deputed to Canada. Could you please suggest under which code does this fall?

Occupation: ITERACT MEDIA PROG & DEVELOPER (Software Developer – Team Lead)

The one outside the bracket was given in my WP and the Software Developer title was given in the letter from my employer.

MAIN DUTIES:
*) Analyzing the existing legacy system components and extracting the business logic and rules.
*) Requirement analysis and gap identification.
*) Dividing and scheduling the project into phases and creating Work Breakdown
Structure (WBS) for a project.
*) Developing data models, entity relationship diagrams and plans and estimations.
*) Coding for the modules when there is a change required for business rules.
*) Logging issues and tracking actions taken and forwarding and escalation of issues.
*) Validating the code with the coding standard templates.
*) Preparing test plans and performing unit testing, integration testing and regression testing.
*) Verifying test coverage.
*) Conducting code walk-through and reviewing internal and external quality assurance in the application.
*) Initiation of review and logging and tracking and closing the defects.
*) Identifying, assessing and prioritizing risk items and evaluating its impact and managing and reporting rules.
*) Fixing the identified bugs in the existing application by finding the root cause.
*) Performing offshore-onsite coordination by gathering requirements from the clients and conveying them to offshore team.

These are as per my employer letter. My employer will not give me letters of reference as per the company policy so I have to write a cover letter explaining the situation and with these details.

Please suggest whether this falls under 2174 NOC or any other NOC.

Thanks in advance!
Yes, it perfectly match with 2174 but too much detailed and technical.

praveenkumarsr

Jan 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2013
bickyii said:
Yes, it perfectly match with 2174 but too much detailed and technical.
I have not changed the wordings from the Employer letter because I do not want it to be a mismatch. The Occupation Title differs. Does it matter?

praveenkumarsr

Jan 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2013
praveenkumarsr said:
I have not changed the wordings from the Employer letter because I do not want it to be a mismatch. The Occupation Title differs. Does it matter?
Guys, please help with your updates

praveenkumarsr

Jan 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2013
Any help here?