+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOC Code help

jn791

Star Member
Jul 23, 2019
Hi guys,

I am currently working as a Business Analyst, and need help matching the following duties to a NOC Code:

- Support / lead small to medium projects, ensuring deliverables are completed accurately and on time
- Set up and maintain system treaties in ---(software)
- Work with IT to implement system enhancements and fixes
- Participate in product development meetings and ensure new products are implemented accurately and on a timely basis
- Ensure the completeness and accuracy of reinsurance data, which is used widely for business decisions and reporting
- Identify areas of opportunity through detailed analysis and develop/document recommendations for improvements
- Develop and maintain a strong working relationship with various departments within the segment and across segments
- Support, coach and mentor more junior staff
- Cross-train and back up day to day functions as required
- Support internal and external audits

On my company profile, the NOC is listed as 1112 - 'Financial and Investment Analysts':

1112 Financial and investment analysts
Financial and investment analysts collect and analyze financial information such as economic forecasts, trading volumes and the movement of capital, financial backgrounds of companies, historical performances and future trends of stocks, bonds and other investment instruments to provide financial and investment or financing advice for their company or their company's clients. Their studies and evaluations cover areas such as takeover bids, private placements, mergers or acquisitions. Financial analysts are employed by a wide range of establishments throughout the private and public sector, such as banks, brokerage houses, insurance companies, investment companies, manufacturing firms, trust companies, utility companies and underwriting firms. Investment analysts are employed primarily by brokerage houses and fund management companies.

I confirmed this with HR and they suggested it should be okay but if I wanted, I could re-verify. The thing is, my job duties don't seem to match the ones listed under 1112.

Can anyone please help me figure out what the NOC should be? To me, it seems like 2171 is a better match (as a business systems analyst):

2171 Information systems analysts and consultants
Information systems analysts and consultants analyze and test systems requirements, develop and implement information systems development plans, policies and procedures, and provide advice on a wide range of information systems issues. They are employed in information technology consulting firms and in information technology units throughout the public and private sectors, or they may be self-employed.

If anyone can help / assist with this I would greatly appreciate it! Thank you

Last edited:

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010