+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOC code help please.

rick86

Star Member
Mar 3, 2010
Please help me find the right NOC code for my job, I have a degree in computer engineering from back home and I completed two year diploma in Business in Canada. I work mainly on SX ERP system my company uses and perform the following tasks-

- Analyzing, checking data quality issues before loading anything into the system.
- Handling Change requests(Changing part numbers., descriptions, Vendor No. etc)
- Kit item creation
- Single and multiple items loading into the system using stored procedures and methods.
- Performing cross copies( coping parts to different warehouses from the main warehouse upon arrival of request from different branches of my company)
- Cost update of POR (Price on Request) items.
- Performing Vendor cost updates which involves, working on pricing files from different vendors (running stored macros in excel, removing inconsistency and checking data quality issues etc )
-Data collection and support among team members

theboss

Star Member
Mar 25, 2014
NOC A - 2172 - If you write the code in SPs and methods.

NOC A -2171 - If you don't write sps but only use those functions.

rick86

Star Member
Mar 3, 2010
theboss said:
NOC A - 2172 - If you write the code in SPs and methods.

NOC A -2171 - If you don't write sps but only use those functions.

I work in data management department and IT department creates procedures and methods. I just advise them whenever some change are required or when I found discrepancies in the system but my company has given me job title of data administrator. I would like to clarify one more thing my wage is $16.50 and I have seen starting wage in noc 2172/2171 is $18.50 is it going to effect my application under CEC. thanks

theboss

Star Member
Mar 25, 2014
Hi Rick

If you don't mind can you please provide me your OCCUPATION printed in your closed work permit document?(You can find it below the Employer information), So that We can easily search and get a exact NOC code instead of assuming it.

rick86

Star Member
Mar 3, 2010
theboss said:
Hi Rick

If you don't mind can you please provide me your OCCUPATION printed in your closed work permit document?(You can find it below the Employer information), So that We can easily search and get a exact NOC code instead of assuming it.
Hi theboss,

I have an open work permit I am an international student and I have a job offer letter from my employer which does'n say much about my job duties, I am process of getting job letter from employer for CEC.

rick86

Star Member
Mar 3, 2010
theboss said:
Hi Rick

hi theboss,

I have just sent you PM.

djvinnakota

Aug 1, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can also send an email to noc-cnp @ workingincanada.gc.ca. with a description of your duties and explain your question and they can suggest a NOC code for you. When you send in your CEC application attach the email response with the suggested NOC code so that your case worker understands why you chose that code.

I did this and they responded with a NOC code within 2 business days.

Good luck

noc-cnp @ workingincanada.gc.ca