+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOC Code for Post-doctoral Research Fellow

hsnzfr

Jul 26, 2020
Hi Dr. Amit,

Thank you for your useful explanation. I am in a same situation as your were 2 years ago. I'm a post-doc with a PhD in computer science which is an in demand field however using the NOC of 4011 has no benefit for me since it's not in demand. I want to use a NOC that better fits with my duties. Would you please let me know what happened to your application and if you are a PR now?

Thanks,
Hasan

Anonymous0915

Jul 21, 2020
Hi Everyone,

Currently, I am working as a Postdoc in US. I submitted my Ph.D. thesis in July 2019 and joined as an assistant professor in a private engineering college in August 2019. I worked there till January 2021. So, the work experience after Ph.D. is 2 years.

Also, I was a research and teaching assistant during my Ph.D. Will that be counted as work experience. If yes, then do I need to get an experience certificate for that as well?

Should I apply with 4011 NOC code?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Best,
Manisha

NN_

Mar 4, 2018
Hi Everyone,

Currently, I am working as a Postdoc in US. I submitted my Ph.D. thesis in July 2019 and joined as an assistant professor in a private engineering college in August 2019. I worked there till January 2021. So, the work experience after Ph.D. is 2 years.

Also, I was a research and teaching assistant during my Ph.D. Will that be counted as work experience. If yes, then do I need to get an experience certificate for that as well?

Should I apply with 4011 NOC code?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Best,
Manisha

Hey Manisha which NOC did you end up using? I am in the same boat...