+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

noc code 7321

olaola026

Nov 17, 2016
ms.mech said:
Hi,

Please avoid any other comments. If your husband is already in Canada, and applying under CEC, fed govt dont see any licensing until its related to medicare. The requirements are optional at provincial level.

Your husband is completely working legally if he is having a valid work visa and any other conditions are not mentioned on his work permit. If work permit specifically says that applicant is not supposed to work in automotive service sector then it would be illegal.

Other members mentioning it as illegal is wrong.

I know a friend whose friend got his PR based on same code, who applied under cec with two years of experience.

Also if you and your husband have got ample time in Canada and your husband is working in Alberta then he can apply under Alberta PNP under NOC 7535 which falls in class C. This profession is not provincially regulated and is accepted currently in for nomination purposes 100%. You can confirm with AINP itself. They will themselves suggest you to apply under this category.

Thanks
Thank you for response!
I already know about this PNP possibility. But we really don't want to stay in Alberta forever! Especially on this position. My husband is overqualified for this job. It was really survival job, which we thought will help us to receive PR as CEC. :(

And is your friend's friend worked in Alberta? May be he worked in another province, where this trade is not compulsory?

olaola026

Nov 17, 2016
jes_ON said:
Yes, I am aware of that statement, which refers to the Canadian education and experience requirements. However, regulated occupations are regulated at the provincial level by provincial legislation - and applicants are of course required to follow the law.

Note that I don't blame you for being upset by this, but IMHO, it is the employer who is taking advantage of your (husband's) lack of knowledge (assuming your husband was not aware he was illegally working in a regulated occupation).
They really want to fix it. And help us. But we don't know how. May be you have some suggestions?

ms.mech

Jul 21, 2012
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
22-12-2017
AOR Received.
11-03-2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
With File
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-2017
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
olaola026 said:
Thank you for response!
I already know about this PNP possibility. But we really don't want to stay in Alberta forever! Especially on this position. My husband is overqualified for this job. It was really survival job, which we thought will help us to receive PR as CEC. :(

And is your friend's friend worked in Alberta? May be he worked in another province, where this trade is not compulsory?
He was in Edmonton, Alberta.

I myself worked in Calgary temporarily under same NOC code. Thats why I can give you first hand info on that.

Reactions: olaola026

olaola026

Nov 17, 2016
ms.mech said:
He was in Edmonton, Alberta.

I myself worked in Calgary temporarily under same NOC code. Thats why I can give you first hand info on that.
So, did you mentioned about your work experience in your application for PR? Do you have foreign work experience in the same NOC? Did you try to receive certification through approving your foreign work experience? Or you just worked without certification, without home country work experience and wrote it in your PR application and it was ok for officer?
Thank you so much

olaola026

Nov 17, 2016
Wow. OK - your husband is working as an unlicensed mechanic in Alberta. That means he is working illegally. Both your husband and his employer could be fined for violating the law. Maybe worse than just a fine.

Illegal / unauthorized work is not credited for immigration purposes.

If your husband has sufficient experience and perhaps a credential from elsewhere (his home country?) he can certainly apply for certification/licensing. But he would not be able to use any work experience gained before becoming licensed.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers/credentials/
Don't confuse people and don't give them wrong advices. We've got PR without any questions from immigration officer.

olaola026

Nov 17, 2016
Hi,

Please avoid any other comments. If your husband is already in Canada, and applying under CEC, fed govt dont see any licensing until its related to medicare. The requirements are optional at provincial level.

Your husband is completely working legally if he is having a valid work visa and any other conditions are not mentioned on his work permit. If work permit specifically says that applicant is not supposed to work in automotive service sector then it would be illegal.

Other members mentioning it as illegal is wrong.

I know a friend whose friend got his PR based on same code, who applied under cec with two years of experience.

Also if you and your husband have got ample time in Canada and your husband is working in Alberta then he can apply under Alberta PNP under NOC 7535 which falls in class C. This profession is not provincially regulated and is accepted currently in for nomination purposes 100%. You can confirm with AINP itself. They will themselves suggest you to apply under this category.

Thanks
Thanks for your advice and support! It really works!

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Don't confuse people and don't give them wrong advices. We've got PR without any questions from immigration officer.
I stand by my advice. But, congratulations! I am happy it worked out for you.

ms.mech

Jul 21, 2012
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
22-12-2017
AOR Received.
11-03-2017
Interview........
N/A