+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOC change ?

Froze950

Star Member
Oct 10, 2014
Hi guys,

You guys have been brilliant in helping me throughout the process. I cant thank you enough.

So coming to another question..

Can I change NOC if I have already created EE file ? Or do I have to de-activate my current file and make a new one with new NOC ?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Froze950 said:
Hi guys,

You guys have been brilliant in helping me throughout the process. I cant thank you enough.

So coming to another question..

Can I change NOC if I have already created EE file ? Or do I have to de-activate my current file and make a new one with new NOC ?
If you're talking about primary NOC, you can change it whenever you want. Just ensure that you don't accidentally become ineligible for the program you're applying under because that will lock your current profile and you'll have to create a new profile from scratch.

Froze950

Star Member
Oct 10, 2014
Asivad Anac said:
If you're talking about primary NOC, you can change it whenever you want. Just ensure that you don't accidentally become ineligible for the program you're applying under because that will lock your current profile and you'll have to create a new profile from scratch.
Hey.. Thanks for replying.. If suppose, I get an ITA, would CIC ask me why did I change my NOC ? In other words, will they keep a track of all changes made and question them ?

Sorry, I did not understand this " Just ensure that you don't accidentally become ineligible for the program you're applying under because that will lock your current profile and you'll have to create a new profile from scratch "

How can I become ineligible ? I have met both CEC and FSW requirements

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Froze950 said:
Hey.. Thanks for replying.. If suppose, I get an ITA, would CIC ask me why did I change my NOC ? In other words, will they keep a track of all changes made and question them ?

No. As far as they are concerned, application processing starts after you submit documents post ITA.

Sorry, I did not understand this " Just ensure that you don't accidentally become ineligible for the program you're applying under because that will lock your current profile and you'll have to create a new profile from scratch "

How can I become ineligible ? I have met both CEC and FSW requirements

In your case, this isn't likely. Imagine if someone has 4 years of experience in a particular NOC and gets 13 points from that to reach 68 and then accidentally changes it to another NOC where they have 3 years of experience which will add only 11 points. This will bring the FSWP score to 66 and the profile becomes ineligible due to the revised Primary NOC.

Oct 28, 2017

Can you please tell if it is ok to change my NOC after receiving ITA?

My work experience is as follows:

-1 year 3 months full time experience in NOC 0601 (primary NOC)
-2 years part time work (20 hours per week) experience in university job during bahelors in NOC 1123
-1 year 9 months fulltime ongoing experience as digital marketing coordinator for which I am unsure about NOC. I entered '0124-Advertising, marketing and public relations managers' in express entry profile. But after receiving ITA I think it should be '1123-Professional relations in advertising, marketing and public relations' because I am at coordinator level and not manager and job details matches 1123 more. Is it ok to change NOC now?

TheGodofAngelArmies

Aug 16, 2017

Can you please tell if it is ok to change my NOC after receiving ITA?

My work experience is as follows:

-1 year 3 months full time experience in NOC 0601 (primary NOC)
-2 years part time work (20 hours per week) experience in university job during bahelors in NOC 1123
-1 year 9 months fulltime ongoing experience as digital marketing coordinator for which I am unsure about NOC. I entered '0124-Advertising, marketing and public relations managers' in express entry profile. But after receiving ITA I think it should be '1123-Professional relations in advertising, marketing and public relations' because I am at coordinator level and not manager and job details matches 1123 more. Is it ok to change NOC now?
You can change your noc after ita. We did that and got ppr. We added an loe just to make us comfortable.

TheGodofAngelArmies

Aug 16, 2017
Cic will not ask why you changed your noc. I suppose what he means by program is if for example you got provincial nomination based on a particular noc, changing noc would make you ineligible for provincial nomination. If it is fsw, it should not matter and cic does not ask. We changed our noc after ita and got ppr within about a month of aor. Good luck.

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Cic will not ask why you changed your noc. I suppose what he means by program is if for example you got provincial nomination based on a particular noc, changing noc would make you ineligible for provincial nomination. If it is fsw, it should not matter and cic does not ask. We changed our noc after ita and got ppr within about a month of aor. Good luck.
Yap, or if he enters an NOC that is not in skill level 0, A or B.