+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOC 3012 and 3233 - RN/ RPN/ LPN

tutulu

Jan 10, 2015
Hello people,

I am a nurse with a PR application that is processing.

I have a few questions for the nurses - Registered Nurses and Registered Practical Nurses/ Licensed Practical Nurses

What has been your experiencr since immigrating, especially 2013, 2014 and 2015 immigrants.

Which province are you in ?

How was it getting licensed?

Did you need to do a bridging programme?

Did you need additional certifications?

How long did it take for you to take the exam and get licensed?

How long did it take you to get a job?

Did you work as an unregelated healthcare worker like CNA while looking for nursing job?

Did you work a non healthcare job while job hunting?

Nurses, let us discuss your experiences here.

KRP

Jan 13, 2012
Category........
FSW
LANDED..........
01/02/2011
New initiative for internationally educated nurses supports transition to work in Ontario

Jan. 13th, 2015 3:50 pm | Posted in: News

Every year, internationally educated nurses bring valuable knowledge and experience to Ontario health care organizations. To support those who are newly registered in the province, and are looking to gain experience or a full-time position, the Ontario government has launched the Nursing Career OrIENtation (NCO) Initiative.

“Many nurses who studied abroad are eager to find a job,” says Zubeida Ramji, Executive Director, CARE Centre for Internationally Educated Nurses. “The NCO Initiative provides eligible nurses with the opportunity to apply and compete for permanent, full-time employment and supports their transition into practice in Ontario.”

Through the NCO Initiative, employers receive up to 26 weeks of funding for a temporary, full-time nursing position that is over and above their regular staffing complement. Nurses receive an extended orientation and one-on-one training to better develop their skills. Nursing opportunities are available across a variety of sectors, including: acute care, long-term care, home care, community care, primary care and public health.

“The NCO Initiative doesn’t just benefit these nurses – there are advantages for employers, too,” says Ramji. “It supports efforts to recruit and retain nurses, and helps level the playing field for all organizations, regardless of their size, including the ones in rural and northern areas.”

Eligible internationally educated nurses include those who have never worked in a paid nursing position in Canada before, and have received their General Class Registration from the College of Nurses in Ontario (CNO) within the last six months.

Internationally educated nurses who would like to register in Ontario can learn more by visiting healthforce.on

tutulu

Jan 10, 2015
Re: NOC 3012 and NOC 3233

The impression I have from the Nclex exam schedule, need to do a bridging programme etc

is that it could take an average of 1 to 2 years to be fully settled as a nurse.

Is that correct?

Are you fully settled?

How long did it take for you to be fully settled?

optimistic candi

Jun 17, 2014
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 17/2016
AOR Received.
June 07/2016
File Transfer...
Aug 2/2016
Med's Done....
sent along
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
BGC in progress on 15 December
VISA ISSUED...
DM on 25 December
Re: NOC 3012 and NOC 3233

tutulu said:
The impression I have from the Nclex exam schedule, need to do a bridging programme etc

is that it could take an average of 1 to 2 years to be fully settled as a nurse.

Is that correct?

Are you fully settled?

How long did it take for you to be fully settled?
it depends on your education and theory and practice hours you have had during studies.
Please Google search NNAS for more information.

optimistic candi

Jun 17, 2014
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 17/2016
AOR Received.
June 07/2016
File Transfer...
Aug 2/2016
Med's Done....
sent along
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
BGC in progress on 15 December
VISA ISSUED...
DM on 25 December
tutulu said:
Hello people,

I am a nurse with a PR application that is processing.

I have a few questions for the nurses - Registered Nurses and Registered Practical Nurses/ Licensed Practical Nurses

What has been your experiencr since immigrating, especially 2013, 2014 and 2015 immigrants.

Which province are you in ?

How was it getting licensed?

Did you need to do a bridging programme?

Did you need additional certifications?

How long did it take for you to take the exam and get licensed?

How long did it take you to get a job?

Did you work as an unregelated healthcare worker like CNA while looking for nursing job?

Did you work a non healthcare job while job hunting?

Nurses, let us discuss your experiences here.
I am an LPN in Canada. I guarantee you the process is painful and expensive.
But not to discourage you.
Anyway future is bright.
need IELTS 7 in all modules except listening. Listening 7.5. In academic mode.
need to send documents to NNAS including education, work experience, nursing registration etc.
these documents should be sent directly from the institutes not by you.
then NNAS will assess your documents and give you a review.
Then only you can apply to nursing regulatory bodies in provinces like BC ONTARIO ALBERTA etc.
fee is separate for NNAS and provinces. Around 650$ each.
for RN there is a SEC examination before you can get eligibility to write nclex RN.
For LPN only the exam no SEC. Both of of the exsms are really hard.mostly critical thinking but usually covers everything including psychiatry snd midwifery.

babeerino

Star Member
Sep 25, 2012
optimistic candi said:
Anyway future is bright.
need to send documents to NNAS including education, work experience, nursing registration etc.
Then only you can apply to nursing regulatory bodies in provinces like BC ONTARIO ALBERTA etc.
for RN there is a SEC examination before you can get eligibility to write nclex RN.
For LPN only the exam no SEC. Both of of the exsms are really hard.mostly critical thinking but usually covers everything including psychiatry snd midwifery.
Hi candi! I am planning on studying in canada in Vancouver to be exact. The college is OMNI and they specialize on preparing International nurses for the NCLEX or LPN exam. I have read the process of becoming an RN in canada and I was thinking that becoming an LPN would be a more practical approach after I graduate. I am grateful that there is no SEC assessment for LPNs jst the exam. However I have read that Manitoba does not accept LPN applicants unless they are permanent residents. Does this hold true for all provinces? Where are you working? Please help! Im worried i wont be able to register as an LPN while im on my open work permit after graduating. Thanks!!

babeerino

Star Member
Sep 25, 2012
optimistic candi said:
hi
It is one of the most successful private colleges in BC.successful rate for exam is way too higher than any other college.
And there is no such restrictions to obtain license in any of the provinces in Canada. Currently a few of my friends are working in manitoba as such in many other provinces.
But for the main concern before joining omni, there is no post graduate work Permit after your course is completed so far. They used to provide open work permit until August 2012 students as a part of a pilot study by the government.
There is no information yet regarding getting open work permit for current and future students. All thst they provide is co-operative work permit which is a part of study. Currently students are facing problems finding a job with this permit.
They provide 3 years of study permit including all the extensions.that's it.
let it be between us please dont tell anyone that I provided these info
Thanks for the reply. I would like to clarify what you meant. So its okay to be registered as an LPN eventhough one is not a permanent resident?

I am worried about what you said regarding OMNI. I would like to know what is your source for that info. I dont understand why their students are not granted an open work permit because i have read from the canadian immigration website that any international student holding a student visa irregardless of the school will be granted an open work permit that is the same length as the course of study. Heres the link:http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/work-postgrad.asp

babeerino

Star Member
Sep 25, 2012
optimistic candi said:
I know many students from that college. You will get 20 hours/ week part time work permit. But no post graduate work Permit.
Thats unfortunate. Did your friends tell you why they were not granted a work permit after graduation since OMNI belongs to the designated learning instituions in Canada?

babeerino

Star Member
Sep 25, 2012
optimistic candi said:
I know many students from that college. You will get 20 hours/ week part time work permit. But no post graduate work Permit.
Do you also know other students from other schools who ate on student visa but have been granted post graduate work permit? Because if thats the case, then maybe the problem is with the school and not the immigration office.

babeerino

Star Member
Sep 25, 2012
optimistic candi said:
designated learning institute is an institution which can admit international students only. It has nothing to do with post graduate open work Permit.
If the college is a public funded or university there is PG work permit. If the private college has to provide PG work permit the course they provide should be on the list of cic
Thank you for all ur helpful info. Do you mind giving me the link or source for thr lists of courses by the cic? Thanks

babeerino

Star Member
Sep 25, 2012
optimistic candi said:
there is no link. But students called cic to get this information
If its not too much of a hassle, can you pls recommend any good universities for pursuinh a post graduate diploma or certificate in Nursing or maybe Global health? I read about San frasier uni but they have not replied to my queries for a month. Thanks so much!

Elsum

Star Member
Aug 17, 2014
UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2014
Doc's Request.
With God...
Nomination.....
With God...
AOR Received.
With God...
IELTS Request
With application
File Transfer...
With God...
Med's Request
With God...
Med's Done....
With God...
Interview........
With God...
Passport Req..
With God...
VISA ISSUED...
With God...
LANDED..........
With God...
optimistic candi said:
Anyway future is bright.
Are you working there in a student visa?

JMUK

Star Member
Jan 10, 2015
Visa Office......
NDVO-WVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-9-2014
Doc's Request.
DD debited on 15/December
Nomination.....
PER received 04/02/2015
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
received 20/07/2015
Med's Done....
02/12/2015-TLU 15-12-2015
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
26-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
-
LANDED..........
-
Any idea why 3233 is too delay ???????? my dd debited december 15th .still no response.........really fedup