+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOC 2173- Software engineer - What would be my chances if I apply now?

mapleDream2014

Star Member
Aug 4, 2014
Hi seniors,

I just got my WES positive and am planning to apply for FWS by sending my application packet to CIO, Nova Scotia in the next 2 weeks. After dispatching my packet in the next 2 weeks and assuming that it reaches in additional 3 days after that, what do you think would my chances for getting a positive reply and a file number from them? Would I be able to make it in time? My occupation is NOC #2173- Software Engineer.

Requesting your kind replies on the same.

mapleDream2014

Star Member
Aug 4, 2014
Hi Seniors,

I have got the following doubts:

1. I have just received my WES-ECA and I am planning to dispatch my packet to CIC in Sydney NS next week for the NOC-2173-Software Engineer. What do you think would be my chances to get a file number from them ? Currently (as of 10-Oct) the list on the website shows that 425 applications have received file numbers for 2173.

2. What would be the actual estimated applications that CIC would have already received for my NOC which they are yet to open? I beleive this is stored in some SS which a lot of guys are mentioning on the forum. Where is this SS maintained? Requesting you all to please provide me the path for this SS.

3. For preparing the employment references letter:
i. Should the descriptions of your roles and responsibilities be exactly printed as the ones mentioned on the NOC description page 'OR' should the sentences be modified for writing them in other words keeping the meaning same?
ii. My company does not provide letters like these. What should I do then?
iii. Can I get a format for the letters somewhere?

Requesting your kind guidance on these queries.

dhanu 786

May 28, 2014
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi VO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05-2014
Doc's Request.
23-06-2014[CC Charged]
Nomination.....
07-08-2014 [PER MAIL]
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
07-05-2014
File Transfer...
02-09-2014
Med's Request
04-09-2014
Med's Done....
19-09-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
20-01-2015
mapleDream2014 said:
Hi seniors,

I just got my WES positive and am planning to apply for FWS by sending my application packet to CIO, Nova Scotia in the next 2 weeks. After dispatching my packet in the next 2 weeks and assuming that it reaches in additional 3 days after that, what do you think would my chances for getting a positive reply and a file number from them? Would I be able to make it in time? My occupation is NOC #2173- Software Engineer.

Requesting your kind replies on the same.
U can be in cap. but rush your entries fast!!!

dhanu 786

May 28, 2014
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi VO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05-2014
Doc's Request.
23-06-2014[CC Charged]
Nomination.....
07-08-2014 [PER MAIL]
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
07-05-2014
File Transfer...
02-09-2014
Med's Request
04-09-2014
Med's Done....
19-09-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
20-01-2015
mapleDream2014 said:
Hi Seniors,

I have got the following doubts:

1. I have just received my WES-ECA and I am planning to dispatch my packet to CIC in Sydney NS next week for the NOC-2173-Software Engineer. What do you think would be my chances to get a file number from them ? Currently (as of 10-Oct) the list on the website shows that 425 applications have received file numbers for 2173.

2. What would be the actual estimated applications that CIC would have already received for my NOC which they are yet to open? I beleive this is stored in some SS which a lot of guys are mentioning on the forum. Where is this SS maintained? Requesting you all to please provide me the path for this SS.

3. For preparing the employment references letter:
i. Should the descriptions of your roles and responsibilities be exactly printed as the ones mentioned on the NOC description page 'OR' should the sentences be modified for writing them in other words keeping the meaning same?
ii. My company does not provide letters like these. What should I do then?
iii. Can I get a format for the letters somewhere?

Requesting your kind guidance on these queries.
Ans1: Go ahead..take your chance.At least it will prepare for Express Entry

Ans2:No. of cap, 425 is that to whom cic has issued PER mails

Ans3.
1) the sentences be modified for writing them in other words keeping the meaning same. YOur roles and site's should match but not exactly
2) Go ahead and check with your Srs/Mgrs.