+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOC 0601( Corporate Sales Managers) - Express Entry 2015 discussion forum

Globaldesi

Feb 16, 2015
Hello Everyone,

Thought of making a discussion forum for Corporate Sales Managers potential candidate. I could not find a lot of people under this NOC so it might be a good place to introduce ourselves, help each other through the process and may be even network and help post landing.

Regards,

IELTS- 9,9,8,7
ECA Done- 13th Feb'15
EE Profile Created- 15th Feb'15
Job Bank Registration- 15th Feb'15

Amitdhanapune

Jan 1, 2015
I have a very quick question. NOCs are based on the Job Titles or Roles / Responsibilities? I have titles around Business Development. My current title is Manager - Business Development. Will I fall under the category of Corporate Sales manager (NOC 0601) or Business development officers and marketing researchers and consultants (NOC 4163)?

Please advise.

Regards,
Amit

Globaldesi

Feb 16, 2015
Amitdhanapune said:
I have a very quick question. NOCs are based on the Job Titles or Roles / Responsibilities? I have titles around Business Development. My current title is Manager - Business Development. Will I fall under the category of Corporate Sales manager (NOC 0601) or Business development officers and marketing researchers and consultants (NOC 4163)?

Please advise.

Regards,
Amit
Amit saheb, I think you will fall under 0 level category, so 0601 should be for you. Plus, the NOC is purely based on roles and responsibility- these definitions can be found on CIC website for NOC job codes. If you think 4163 suits your skills better go for it. Coz at the time of documentation and processing you will have to submit proofs around it- for the profession you chose- validate by the company etc..

Mar 15, 2015
Hi globaldesi, thanks for starting the forum.

I have just started my research/preparation for immigration to Canada and have not taken the IELTS as yet. I'm currently working as a Key Account Manager/Sales manager with a multinational manufacturing firm and my wife is in the communications department of the same firm, both of us have 5 years of work experience each in our respective fields.

I request your feedback on your experience so far and any tips/suggestions for my application process.

sagar1279

Star Member
Jul 3, 2015
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
31-05-2017
AOR Received.
31-05-2017
Med's Done....
06-07-2017
Hello everyone,

I'm applying for express entry FSW PR for Canada under NOC 0601, corporate sales manager. Has anyone got PR for this NOC? What is the job market like. I am having more than 10 years of experience in this noc and wanted to know if the survival/main stream job market scenario is favorable for this noc.

The reason why I ask this as on jobbing Canada, Corporate sales manager jobs are mainly restaurant managers. What is expected remuneration for starting jobs after landing in this field. My expertise is in international business and Operations. Any insight is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

sagar1279

Star Member
Jul 3, 2015
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
31-05-2017
AOR Received.
31-05-2017
Med's Done....
06-07-2017
Please provide your suggestions.....

sagar1279 said:
Hello everyone,

I'm applying for express entry FSW PR for Canada under NOC 0601, corporate sales manager. Has anyone got PR for this NOC? What is the job market like. I am having more than 10 years of experience in this noc and wanted to know if the survival/main stream job market scenario is favorable for this noc.

The reason why I ask this as on jobbing Canada, Corporate sales manager jobs are mainly restaurant managers. What is expected remuneration for starting jobs after landing in this field. My expertise is in international business and Operations. Any insight is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Canada Dreams

Jul 24, 2015
Hi Friends,

I am NOC 0601, ITA- 7th Aug, AOR-25 Th Aug- have been on wait mode after that.

It is good to have this thread on Forum.

sagar1279

Star Member
Jul 3, 2015
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
31-05-2017
AOR Received.
31-05-2017
Med's Done....
06-07-2017
Canada Dreams said:
Hi Friends,

I am NOC 0601, ITA- 7th Aug, AOR-25 Th Aug- have been on wait mode after that.

It is good to have this thread on Forum.
Hi Canada dreams, did you get PNP or LMIA? What was your crs score? Which city you are planning to settle down in?

SanKanKun

Star Member
Mar 8, 2015
I am also NOC 0601 and worried that not too many people have his NOC Code. Anyone got an ITA with his one? Anyone for a NOM from OINP? Please share your experience!

isha07

Nov 17, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi

Lets keep this thread active and keep helping each other please.

I don't know how many people got ITA or OINP for 0601 ...but i have seen a very few people with this NOC on this forum atleast.

IndianJack

Star Member
Jul 9, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have the same NOC.
Even I used to worry that we don't get to hear from many applicants with this NOC; whether I made the right choice...
And then I received PPR on 19 March.
Just ensure that your job duties in the Employer's reference letter match with the duties mentioned under NOC 0601.
Job titles do not matter.
Good Luck!

Ravstar79

Star Member
Mar 13, 2016
Hi guys, new to your thread here!

I've been nominated by PEI u set their EE skilled worker stream. My main NOC I am submitting my application is also on NOC 0601.

I have been working since 2002. For 5 years, I worked as a logistics supervisor which is NOC 1215(skill level B). My second job from 2007 to 2010 I was working as s customer service executive NOC 6221(skill level B). From 2010 to 2011 for just over 12 months I was an Area Sales Manager NOC 0601.

Now my debate and question is for my last jobs. Straight after the area sales manager role I joined a company as a Sales Executive but the role was majority managing accounts and upselling existing accounts, same duties as an account manager. Same as my last role I was an Account Executive but the role was definitely aligned to an account manager role, so have used 0601 for both of these.

I haven't lied or misrepresented, I've looked up Account manager responsibilities and the last 2 roles for its duties.

Can someone kindly shed some light on this. The province approved my application and nominated me and now I'm almost complete in submitting my PR application online but just wanted some feedback on my concerns...

Thanks

DOD

Feb 24, 2016
Hello all

I've applied under NOC 0601 too. Has anyone had any recent updates?

Thank you and have a good day!

evoboy2016

Star Member
Jun 3, 2015
DUBAI
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
NOC Code......
I thought I was 0601 - corp sales manager too, until a friend told me about 0621 - wholesale and retail trade managers. It is a more general form of being a sales manager. It has all the core functions of any sales manager, when compared to 0601, corp sales manager. To round up, corp sales manager is more senior position.

Retail and wholesale trade managers perform some or all of the following duties:
Plan, direct and evaluate the operations of establishments engaged in wholesale and retail sales or of departments in such establishments
Manage staff and assign duties
Study market research and trends to determine consumer demand, potential sales volumes and effect of competitors' operations on sales
Determine merchandise and services to be sold, and implement price and credit policies
Locate, select and procure merchandise for resale
Develop and implement marketing strategies
Plan budgets and authorize expenditures
Resolve customer complaints
Determine staffing requirements and hire or oversee hiring of staff.